SP - General Remove the feature that half the army cheers when enemy flees or make it configurable

Users who are viewing this thread

GMBarak

Regular
Hi,

I would like to suggest removing the feature that half the army cheers when enemy flees or make it configurable, I never saw even one positive review of this feature. if this game was meant for 5 years old children, I would understand, but no one cares about these cheering, the vast majority of players much prefer to be able to control their army. The updates are supposed to make the game better, not make it worse.

Thanks

Last edited:
The only troops that stop and cheer are the ones on foot. Melee fighters arent going to catch up with fleeing troops anyway, its just how the game is. Nor will ranged beyond a few shots. Its going to look even sillier to see your infantry jogging behind the fleeing soldiers benny hill style. If you put it into perspective you might appreciate why the cheering is there.

The only troop type that can catch a fleeing troop is on horseback... and those are already unaffected by by the cheering. As long as you issue a charge command before the battle is counted as over they will continue to chase down any fleeing enemies until they are dead or reach the red zone.

But the player would still want to give commands, like, for example: group 1 charge, group 2 stop charging this is disabled in 1.6.1

The person who decided implementing this should be forced to do eliminate bandit parties mission for the rest of his career.

I unironically like this change but they should only cheer when the number of enemies still alive/fleeing is low, no cheering when half the army is still alive but decides to flee in the middle of a groupfight

Thank you and goodnight

I want to kill as many as possible and take all their loot.
No survivors.
Battle aftermath:
Spikes + putting heads on
-gives dread, hatred, fear traits

Let's go TW. Think and make some useful changes!

I don't want my troops cheering when there are still enemies to wipe the floor with. Whether or not my army is allowed to mess around, cheer and ignore troops should up to me, the commander. It shouldn't be an automatic design choice. Players do not have control over it, and they SHOULD.

Thank you.

I want to decide which soldiers should attack and / or pursue the enemies at the end of the battle.
I want complete control.
This choice to remove control from the player's hands is simply senseless (unrealistic), anti-immersive and forced.
If you really want units to celebrate at the end of the battle, put a special button instead of "punish the player".
That's right ... the player sees this choice as a punishment for winning the battle.

There should be no cheering by troops, that still can reach the enemy somehow (either being faster than them with weapon in hand like Cavalry or being able to shoot them with ranged weapons).

Besides, you should still be able to issue commands, if parts of my Army want to cheer, fine, but I as their commander paying their salary and their food and giving them the possibility for another life besides being a ****ing farmer should be able to tell them to shut up and charge the enemy.

Imho this was an unnecessary change, the old solution, where troops only started to cheer AFTER the last enemy fighter left the field was better, it also gave me a moment to indulge in the cheering for RP reasons.
But this solution now is stupid, since I'm still in early game with my new save (just recently advanced to Clan Level 2), I'm myself the only "Cavalry" unit, so I'm the only one being able to actively chase down fleeing bandits.

I want to decide which soldiers should attack and / or pursue the enemies at the end of the battle.
I want complete control.
This choice to remove control from the player's hands is simply senseless (unrealistic), anti-immersive and forced.
If you really want units to celebrate at the end of the battle, put a special button instead of "punish the player".
That's right ... the player sees this choice as a punishment for winning the battle.
I support this viewpoint, it doesn't matter if they can catch up to the fleeing enemies, the important thing here is the ability to make decisions, which has been taken away now. To be honest, doesn't seem likely that armies will just let their enemies run without giving pursuit, doesn't even make sense in the first place.

They should only cheer when all enemies are dead or already left the map in the rout, i simply hate this change that took control away as soon as the enemy routs.. really can't understand this kink TW has with taking player control away in things :roll:

Instead turn it all around. Fleeing soldiers are surrending soldiers. Unless they are bandits, persuing when all are fleeing should come with a penalty. You should gain point towards cruel trait and clans without a cruel leader should dislike your cruelty.

Back
Top Bottom