MP Remove the block delay you've added back

Users who are viewing this thread

+1 Quite a few bad words were heard out of my room while not being able to block because of the delay.

We didn't reintroduce "block delay". There were no combat related changes in this regard recently.

To avoid confusion "block delay" is always there (it was in warband and it is in Bannerlord), but in Bannerlord the weight of a weapon makes your block be slower and the blending between the animation also has an affect. We are working on ways to make this better right now, but I can't share any details yet.

In any case there wasn't a reintroduction of block delay and we have no interest in making shadow changes to combat and not telling you guys.
What might have happened is that some other change is causing it. If that's so, we will investigate and fix it. It would be great if you could help us out about it.

Since which patch do you feel it?
(for the beta veterans) Can you share any details of how comparable it is to the older Beta versions?
Quoting the answer so it stays fresh.

I feel like the developers response doesn’t really solve the issues presented
We know what they are working on and that they are trying to lower it. From that point on you know that they can reduce the time it takes to blend animations or lower the multiplicator the weapon weight has on blocking, which would be probably the better choice. A mix of both can happen aswell.

The blocking feels the same since they've introduced a slight change in the block system. This is just a "crowd syndrome", someone came up with "blocking is unresponsive again!" when it actually never became responsive in the first place.
This is nonsense. I played two-handed ranged and shock infantry every day since the EA released, so of course I will notice when something changes. I'm not the type of person who would ever blame the game for no reason. Right now, 2H are borderline unplayable for me, especially in skirmishes where you might have to deal with two people at once. The blocking became ultra sluggish around two patches ago, and many people noticed it, although they couldn't quite put their finger on what exactly was changed.

The only thing NIN3's statement confirms for me is that there is a good chance the change was unintentional, an oversight.

This is nonsense. I played two-handed ranged and shock infantry every day since the EA released, so of course I will notice when something changes. I'm not the type of person who would ever blame the game for no reason. Right now, 2H are borderline unplayable for me, especially in skirmishes where you might have to deal with two people at once. The blocking became ultra sluggish around two patches ago, and many people noticed it, although they couldn't quite put their finger on what exactly was changed.

The only thing NIN3's statement confirms for me is that there is a good chance the change was unintentional, an oversight.

From what I remember, you could never reliably block with heavy weapons and it was always sluggish. I am not going to argue - if there's any problem, devs will definitely find the issue causing it, though I'd rather have no "block delay." :wink:

I've played the duel servers for the past 3 days, and while I mostly end up on top of the scoreboard, it isn't because I am blocking most of the hits. Alot of people are still quite new to the game or even to the M&B series overall... Against an experienced fighter like for example Pacemaker, there is no way anyone can block. I have seen a fair few Alpha Players, well known Alpha Players, who were not able to block hits, due to the block delay. TW should just have stuck with the Warband speeds, just with new animations, because at this current state, proper duels are not possible. The only thing happening on the duel server right now, is people destroying their S-key, because they have to evade the swings, instead of blocking them.

Last edited:
because at this current state, proper duels are not possible. The only thing happening on the duel server right now, is people destroying their S-key, because they have to evade the swings, instead of blocking them

This is a grimly spot-on description of the current state of duels right now.

S-key cheese, over-feinting, and mindless spamming are all way too rewarding at the moment. In Warband, all of these tactics had a hard counter -you just had to be able to block. Taleworlds, please give us the tools we need to deal with these cheesers! Let us block again!

Update: The block delay is a bit less than the days prior to this post, but it is still very much noticable. You can actually block certain feints now, but the majority of swings and feints are still not blockable in time.

Update: The block delay is a bit less than the days prior to this post, but it is still very much noticable. You can actually block certain feints now, but the majority of swings and feints are still not blockable in time.
You could already block some feints before but only if you s key the whole fight.

Someone high up in TW is calling really bad decisions when it comes to Balance.

.The way "duel" server was implemented is ...
I truly believe that whoever is in charge of MP is either neglecting it or is straight incompetent.
My only hope is that mods will fix that sometime soon(TM).

Someone high up in TW is calling really bad decisions when it comes to Balance.

.The way "duel" server was implemented is ...
I truly believe that whoever is in charge of MP is either neglecting it or is straight incompetent.
My only hope is that mods will fix that sometime soon(TM).
It wasnt even TW, this was how they were implemented https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/we-need-duels-now.408698/
plus a huge bunch of threads who asked for it before

Back
Top Bottom