Remove animation from one skeleton for another ?

Users who are viewing this thread

MAXHARDMAN

Knight
I work now for new animation mod with many new animations , but also I want insert few new skeletons for different creatures .

I make new skeleton for MB ( I use OpenBRF for extract MB skeleton ) , he have same hierarchy , same number bones (20 ) like in native MB , but bones moved and rotate for my needs.

I need now make same animations for him , In MB has this animation , but then I try merge new skeleton and MB animations , new animations is broken ( legs and arms puts in different side , model broken too , all animations looks weird and funny )

Its too complicate for me , need write program for remake matrix from one skeleton for another. 
I think I need same plug-in for same 3d editor ( any editor, I try  Maya , 3dsmax ) or just conversion program .

Maybe someone may give me same advise , because I try all I can imagine, and really don’t know it possible somehow …

Remake many animations from null handly very very long and hard work... If I don’t find way for automatism this process , I throw this work .

Well, for now, we cannot add new race or gender (like Male/Female or new skeleton) based animations such as run and jump. You can only alter existing ones or add new ones like you do in your animations compilation mod, but if the genders or races are different by skeleton, you cannot run the animation on the altered skeletons, else it will play a funny and broken animation like in your case.

Even if you would make all animations from scratch, which is very, very long and hard work as you said, you would only be able to use these new animations only on the new skeleton, not on the old. So you'll have to re-rig the new armors too ... and well.. It's not worth it.

Thanks for answer to me , but if I find way to employ new skeleton in and play for every skeletons separate animations , I steel need remake many animations for new skeletons , so if you or someone know how make it automatically , I will be glad to know it :smile: I want add humanoid creatures , they not need many different armor , maybe few .

PS If I don’t make new skeletons , I add only new animation for human, but not early then Warband is ready.

If you do find a way, please share it with us. The Last Days and such mods really could use a way to make different animations for their orcs. :razz:

Sorry, I've got no idea how to do it automatically. However, I think you should probably ask mtarini, he's the creator of OpenBRF and most likely knows how to deal correctly with matrices.

Back
Top Bottom