Removal of death and snowflakization of Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

I wonder if there would be anyone who would argue with this topic'
I would, but not in the way you'd think.
I disagree with the removal in principle. It's very similar with the BF2042 fiasco, they did the same thing and that game is a dumpster fire. It's a moronic "we want to be inclusive and not make terrible players feel bad."
That said, competitive (private) servers should have their own rules and K/D and all that stuff, so competitive players can have fun in their own way. That's why we need all the tools to make our own servers with our own rules and even UI if that's possible.
Randomly joined public servers don't really need it for a very simple reason: there is no teamplay (aside from premades, which shouldn't be in a public server anyway) if there's an emphasis on "oh, I killed 20 people and died once." People will just grab a two hander or a bow and camp so they can be happy that way. That harms teamplay and the general feeling of it being a medieval battlefield.
All in all, competitive players should have their own thing and the casuals should have another - K/D and other stats (accuracy in BF and the like) are just there to disincentivize teamplay between players in pick-up groups.
And people like me are probably waiting for a RP server or some ****.

if there's an emphasis on "oh, I killed 20 people and died once." People will just grab a two hander or a bow and camp so they can be happy that way. That harms teamplay and the general feeling of it being a medieval battlefield.
It takes you less than 5 minutes to start your game and hop on siege to see nothing changed by removing deaths. People are spamming 2h the same way they do before.

The death count rant does not make any sense. Death count removal does not affect gameplay. Death count removal does not prevent one's ability to enjoy the game. Ranting about the death count removal is a typical man-child behavior and a quintessention of snowflakization
If we cogitate about your response, which is inherently impossible considering the lack of common sense, the player stats are not relevant to the game. I suspect you don't enjoy seeing how many deaths you have? I would assume you are on of those fellas who rather not have deaths visible as you single-handedly carry a six man team to defeat.

I suspect you don't enjoy seeing how many deaths you have?
Exactly! I enjoy the gameplay. The fun part about the game is not the stats, you know.

I would assume you are on of those fellas who rather not have deaths visible as you single-handedly carry a six man team to defeat.
Man, I am a Warband veteran. I play Bannerlord since beta. I may not be the best player in MP but I play good enough to not be a burden. And my 1000+ hours experience in the game tells me that the ones ranting about someone playing too bad are actually not that good at all. If a guy votekicks instead of playing, he will play bad. And after all, it's a goddamn game. Why is everyone here taking game stats so serious? The kids in school care less about their grades than you all do about your death count.

Exactly! I enjoy the gameplay. The fun part about the game is not the stats, you know.

Man, I am a Warband veteran. I play Bannerlord since beta. I may not be the best player in MP but I play good enough to not be a burden. And my 1000+ hours experience in the game tells me that the ones ranting about someone playing too bad are actually not that good at all. If a guy votekicks instead of playing, he will play bad. And after all, it's a goddamn game. Why is everyone here taking game stats so serious? The kids in school care less about their grades than you all do about your death count.
You are telling us that we take the deaths too serious and here you are, getting angry over people who want a small addition to the scoreboard. Unbelievable simply XD

I think its a little bit disturbing that so many people seem to care more about their personal stats than actually winning.

Like Ive stated previously, I couldnt care less about these stats!

However, if stats is part of the game, then display ALL stats and not just a part of them, the positive stuff. Show all of it including the "negative" stats. Or just entirely remove player stats. Having only positive stats shown reminds me of youtube and failbook where dislikes isnt a thing. But I think we all know here on this forum, DISLIKE apparently matters more than actual LIKE. Apropos ppl only voicing their opinions if they are dissatisfied.

The reason why I dont like personal stats is because it will eventually lead to players running around with high damage weapon and no shield, avoiding high risk crowd fights (the fun) because they want good stats, not focused on winning with the team but focused on getting hi-score on the team.

No one looks at kills and assists counts now after they removed deaths
I dont care why but that's just how it is
I heard literally 0 times someone discussed an amount of kills on scoreboard in a single game after they removed deaths, but before it was viable stat
so devs you did not only removed 'negative' stats, but also positive.

The reason why I dont like personal stats is because it will eventually lead to players running around with high damage weapon and no shield, avoiding high risk crowd fights (the fun) because they want good stats, not focused on winning with the team but focused on getting hi-score on the team.

Kills are the best way of making a high score on the leaderboard regardless. By your logic, nothing would change pre or after removal.

No one looks at kills and assists counts now after they removed deaths
I dont care why but that's just how it is
I heard literally 0 times someone discussed an amount of kills on scoreboard in a single game after they removed deaths, but before it was viable stat
so devs you did not only removed 'negative' stats, but also positive.

It was never an issue to begin with.

It's apparent some of you are inventing issues with deaths on the fly, as if it was something you'd been keeping inside yourself before it was removed.

All i know is that TW is incompetent at making decisions on its own and didn't even consider asking any of the players. We proposed to put polls inside the game during the beta but even there they failed to do so.

TW has a terrible illusion of player feedback

??????

What does this mean? The topic is about the removal of deaths. The current amount of stats don't exactly discourage anyone from playing exclusively for setting high scores. In the first place, how would adding deaths back affect gameplay "mentalities" negatively if it only lead to people trying to avoid dying more? Isn't that a good thing?

And what in god's name are "high risk crowd fights"? Shock infs exclusively exist to benefit from crowd fights. Do you even play this game or are you just hellbent on breaking a record for packing the most amount of misinformed garbage into one post?

Back
Top Bottom