Reminder that even with an overwhelming negative response to the MP, Taleworlds won't change any fundamental design decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Warband currently has 4921 players (https://steamcharts.com/cmp/261550,48700) and 1281 are in MP (http://www.mnbcentral.net/).

Bannerlord has 16,428 players and estimated* 224 in MP.

Total Current PlayersMP PlayersRatio
Warband4921128126.03%
Bannerlord164282241.36%

*Estimated 9 players in NA matchmaking (one captain 6v6, one captain 3v3) and 60 players in EU matchmaking (1 skirmish 6v6, 1 skirmish 3v3, and 3 captain 6v6, one captain 3v3) and 146 in custom servers.

I'd be interested to see what percent of Bannerlord players have tried MP at some point, and feedback on why they didn't continue playing it. The vast majority are "casual" players and their thoughts might not align with the common statements on the forums from dedicated players.
Do these figures account for the Bannerlord Online player base?

bannerlord online player base counts as SP players since the SP version of the game is launched when you play it. so you can do minus 2-3k players in total current players of bannerlord.

bannerlord online player base counts as SP players since the SP version of the game is launched when you play it. so you can do minus 2-3k players in total current players of bannerlord.
....?

Why? It's a mod?. Should we not count the people playing mods in warband?

Still people playing bannerlord.

As always, no response from Taleworlds when it comes to difficult topics.
There's nothing here to answer
All you post here is that bl mp is bad
At this point I'm sure they understood that since every single post about bl mp community addressed to devs was about how bad mp is atm
As you can see, this aggressive feedback does nothing for the game (unfortunately, just like most other forms of feedback), so there's nothing left for us besides waiting for big patches or custom servers at this point

If I was TW, I would work with players and tournament staff to develop the "one-life" mode and release it as soon as possible to start gathering feedback and start the iterative design process with the whole competitive community. When crashes and backend stuff is acceptable (it's not), I would work to release the custom server files so that players can start building the game modes that will last years. If my "one-life" mode fails in competition to these player-modes, then I'd copy the dominant community standard and host it on premium servers for the MP community to use as a ranked environment.

And then hire myself to balance captain mode.

Also, as is tradition, I wouldn't listen to NA players.

If I was TW, I would work with players and tournament staff to develop the "one-life" mode and release it as soon as possible to start gathering feedback and start the iterative design process with the whole competitive community. When crashes and backend stuff is acceptable (it's not), I would work to release the custom server files so that players can start building the game modes that will last years. If my "one-life" mode fails in competition to these player-modes, then I'd copy the dominant community standard and host it on premium servers for the MP community to use as a ranked environment.

The problem with the game, as in the rotten core of it, is not skirmish. I mean, skirmish kinda sucks because it has many lives and not real risk but it's not the bad apple of the whole thing. Classes and combat are. I have seen games go far too long with bad modes because they have addicting combat and customization.

True it depends how it’s set up. You’d assume that TW could add more classes but based on other stuff it might require a huge backend rework.

A unique lord or king class would be fun, it would be cool to make it limited as well, such as there could only be one lord at a time. I bet people would like trying to protect or kill them.
Adding more classes would confuse people. Remember one of the reasons they didnt add warbands equipment was "people didnt know what to buy"

Would be a pretty cool idea for TDM and Siege yeah. Something like, if a player performs well, he becomes a lord until he dies, then a cooldown before he can become a lord again of like, 5 minutes, giving other people a chance aswell. Make it so people killing next to the lord get extra gold, and the lord gets a cut. If the lord dies, the enemy get a morale boost and the killer gets a large bonus.
(Please dont add buffs though)

yeah I do agree. MP has clearly been low priority for them for a long time. Regrettably lower numbers now will only convince them to stick to their SP drive.
Multiplayer numbers were low because the priority of mp was low. It'll continue to be low until they put more effort into it. Its incredibly short sighted for the company to just throw multiplayer away, when thats their best bet for a steady income in the future.

A more equipment-based system allows balance through changing item stats and gold cost. You can only balance through stats at the moment. Though you can somewhat mimic this by swapping perk spot from 1st "major" perk to 2nd "minor" perk option.

Another issue is that you still get redundant items. (If I want to use jareed in melee mode and just drop the flyessa)

With equipment based system you can introduce very minor perks that do minor stuff. For example; upgrading shield to have spikes. It would make shield more heavy, but give you pierce (?) (I can't remeber what dmg type bash currently has) and higher base damage.

If you wanted to implement this in the current system, people would, rightly, complain that their range of viabe options went down.
Options are always better. Again, just add a suggested equipment slot, return to Warbands system, and everyone wins. If people dont want to pick their own equipment, just click the button and the game premakes it for them. For everyone who doesnt mind spending 5 seconds to pick their equipment, we'll be happy.

More items for perks/more perks would really help the class system I think, like more armor(medium/heavy/extra for the heavy inf), much more weapon choices so you can customize your loadout to your liking and to what the situation requires more accurately.
Correct me if I'm wrong but if we added the same amount of weapons/armor as warband had to Bannerlord for each class wouldn't it be very similar to Warband's system, or maybe even, because there would be much more choices per class, it would actually surpass Warband?
Adding alot of perks would just make the UI look terrible. Warbands UI was fine, it easily showed what goes where, and how much gold you had. Could've been prettier, but the hud etc for bannerlord will need an overhaul aswell at some point.

Just a quick note aswell, having the old equipment selection system would open up for the posibility of using the steam market for weapon/armor skins, and potentially let the community create weapons and armors and get a piece of the pie. Working WITH the community, instead of against it. More short sightedness from their side in my opinion.
Or release the singleplayer blacksmith feature as a seperate mod and make it possible for people to create weapons that way and load it into their own projects.

....?

Why? It's a mod?. Should we not count the people playing mods in warband?

Still people playing bannerlord.
Feel free to include it in Multiplayer, that doesnt change the data. In fact it just proves that this mod is significantly better/more popular than the "vision" taleworld had.

At this point I'm sure they understood that since every single post about bl mp community addressed to devs was about how bad mp is atm
As you can see, this aggressive feedback does nothing for the game (unfortunately, just like most other forms of feedback), so there's nothing left for us besides waiting for big patches or custom servers at this point
We spent the first year writing pages upon pages of suggestions on how to improve the game, and were ignored. People are still posting suggestions and improvements with radio silence from the development team. Almost everyone posting on this forum is telling them the game is in a bad state, and nothing happens. Actually thats not true, we didnt get any patches for multiplayer, but somehow we havent been able to play competitive matches for the last 3-4 weeks now. Do you understand why people are upset? I dont think the developers agree that multiplayer is bad. If they do, thats even more terrifying, since nothing is changing. I'm gonna stop here before I start ranting. I'm incredibly dissapointed by the games development.

This thread points out the obvious. Nobody wants a class system, yet Taleworlds has NEVER adressed it.

Just a quick word for everyone, TW wants Bannerlord to have "Competitive MP Scene", but they only employ half a dozen people working on it max. I can't see the logic behind it. If anyone can please tell me.

Just a quick word for everyone, TW wants Bannerlord to have "Competitive MP Scene", but they only employ half a dozen people working on it max. I can't see the logic behind it. If anyone can please tell me.
Obviously CS;GO, LoL and Cod Warzone were abble to produce a competitive scene with only a few dev. Kappa.

main-qimg-baf4343ef187d4b91fd9478402eae530

Of course as a seasoned veteran of the series; and the new head of captains mode - you would immediately see why Generals Mode is what Bannerlord needs and implement it immediately :xf-wink:

The arena in Bannerord Online, despite the insanely bad desync, has entertained me more than any native Bannerlord gamemode has in 500 hours of playing it.

From a monetary perspective, they still made tens of millions of dollars while doing the bare minimum for multiplayer. They still have mostly positive reviews on steam despite totally neglecting multiplayer. Life is good for them. It makes sense that they're not focusing on Multiplayer. Also singleplayer released in such a horrible state they probably got all hands on deck to fix it and shrugged multiplayer off.

Adding more classes would confuse people. Remember one of the reasons they didnt add warbands equipment was "people didnt know what to buy"
I assume this is sarcastic.
main-qimg-baf4343ef187d4b91fd9478402eae530

Of course as a seasoned veteran of the series; and the new head of captains mode - you would immediately see why Generals Mode is what Bannerlord needs and implement it immediately :xf-wink:
1v1 could be interesting, but I think there'd need to be some complex mechanics going on or the players would quickly "solve" the meta and just take the same army builds over and over. Then most outcomes would be determined by the blind pick at the start of the round when you're choosing troops and don't know what your opponent is using, instead of actual gameplay.

Obviously CS;GO, LoL and Cod Warzone were abble to produce a competitive scene with only a few dev. Kappa.
Funny thing is counter strike has been a serious e-sports contender since it's birth. The successful competitive game-mode has always been a one-life game mode with lots of individual customization... not classes. It is a tried and true successful e-sports model but for some reason TW doesn't see it that way and refuses to parley on the issue with the people they are demanding to like their choice. ?

Funny thing is counter strike has been a serious e-sports contender since it's birth. The successful competitive game-mode has always been a one-life game mode with lots of individual customization... not classes. It is a tried and true successful e-sports model but for some reason TW doesn't see it that way and refuses to parley on the issue with the people they are demanding to like their choice. ?
The focus should always be on fun. Devs can design a logical, balanced system with classes but if it’s not fun it doesn’t matter. The problem with Bannerlord is that the class types are naturally too limited to add any real depth beyond minor tweaks to the Archer/Infantry/Cavalry mix. Compare that with Overwatch/LoL which also have specific roles/classes but are able to flesh out the depth with unique characters and abilities. Bannerlord doesn’t have that luxury and the fun doesn’t last long because of it.

I’d love to see Taleworlds let players pick their own gear/weapons and let the players filter through what’s fun/balanced and what’s not. They can watch the pick rates to adjust stats and weapon functionality from there.

Taleworlds has scrapped and reworked systems plenty of times before. If they don’t redesign multiplayer modders will.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom