Reminder that even with an overwhelming negative response to the MP, Taleworlds won't change any fundamental design decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

You misinterpreted me. People arent staying *in* Bannerlord. Nobody is playing native Bannerlord anymore. My point is that the communities that I thought would need to rely on Bannerlord dont actually need it and are just playing other games together.
Oh you mean like they kind of turned into multigaming clans or something.

99.9% of gamers like Bannerlord, go back to Warband boomers.
I know this is a joke, but
10FCD843BCC2F79BCDD0539627D0712F7F2EC620

4C5B28819F696D9761B5C86E4B7D726EB9D395B2

Images taken 2 mintues apart

Hilariously, they removed the number of people queueing from the quick play menu. I guess there were too many people taking screenshots of only 1 or 2 people in queue. They replaced it with an estimated wait time, which sometimes counts up instead of down.

I know this is a joke, but
10FCD843BCC2F79BCDD0539627D0712F7F2EC620

4C5B28819F696D9761B5C86E4B7D726EB9D395B2

Images taken 2 mintues apart

Hilariously, they removed the number of people queueing from the quick play menu. I guess there were too many people taking screenshots of only 1 or 2 people in queue. They replaced it with an estimated wait time, which sometimes counts up instead of down.

BuT YoU doNt HaVe EviDenCe oF MaTchMaKiNg, HuNdrenDs Of PeoPlE coUlD Be PlAyiNG aNd YoU CanT sEe ThEm

edit: holy **** though, Mercs and Mount and siege still going strong.

Last edited:
native is doomed.

In 4 days, we'll be 1 year into Early Access, which is the roughly estimated amount of time that Bannerlord was to be in early access. In that year there has been literally 0 major content additions or changes. We now know for a fact that TaleWorlds management doesn't care about multiplayer, and it's not just ignorance or ivory tower delusion on their part. Even if the skeleton crew on multiplayer manages to scrape together a multiplayer experience that resembles something other than a turd in 5 years, there is no real coming back from this point. There is only a barren, radioactive wasteland, that will remind us of what could've been. And even for me, it is going to be extremely difficult for me to wash this radioactive wasteland taste out of my mouth when modders finally create something worth playing. Maybe that's the most infuriating thing about this crap. I will always be reminded of this insanity every time I launch to join a modded server.

I mean im practically done with the game at this point. The lack of communication is disgusting, and im tired of putting anymore hope into the MP when it comes to Bannerlord. I honestly think it is solely down to the modding community to fix this ****show, development with player feedback has been occurring for the past year and a half and what has changed? We got one gamemode at the launch of EA, have maybe added 9ish new maps total. Have been ridiculously slow in fixing any issues that occurred during development like holy**** how long did it take to fix crushthrough and the sound of doom? People gave suggestions on how to fix crushthrough within the first week of launch of the patch and yet it took 3-4 months to fix like wtf. Forget any correlation about this company being "A company of the Fans" that they once claimed to be, hell they are probably a national embarrassment and if I was part of the Turkish government I'd hide any facts of its existence from the history books and our funding into it.

Best thing that can happen now is whoever or whatever is responsible for the whole thing comes forward and explains it to us all, cause the most annoying thing is that none of us actually know what the **** is going on and it’s just pure speculation for more than a year now as to why they continue to go against player feedback at every corner.

Didn't listen to us when we said the game was DOA with the class system, intentional block delay and no battle mode way before the beta came out. Didn't listen to us as beta testers. Looks like they aren't listening now.

TaleWorlds has always prioritized single player. It's where they make the moolah. MP is an afterthought and if by some miracle they do fix it the majority of the community will be long gone.

gg

Last edited:
Multiplayer right now desperately needs dedicated private servers and return of warband style class system improved. I've been recently playing mordhau and it's a lot of fun to create your own character with his own weapons, armor and perks. Wish that was in bannerlord too, but I guess they really wanted to make this game a competitive game ready for tournaments or something..
Just keep the current system in ranked but in regular servers, they should definitely bring "create your own class" type of system.

Have been ridiculously slow in fixing any issues that occurred during development like holy**** how long did it take to fix crushthrough and the sound of doom? People gave suggestions on how to fix crushthrough within the first week of launch of the patch and yet it took 3-4 months to fix like wtf. Forget any correlation about this company being "A company of the Fans" that they once claimed to be, hell they are probably a national embarrassment and if I was part of the Turkish government I'd hide any facts of its existence from the history books and our funding into it.
Our reccomendation was to not add it in the first place, or have it work the same way it did in Warband. After 17 weeks they decided 99.999% of players might have a point and changed it.

Bannerlord was a great success. For a week. Which is normal for singleplayer games.
Multiplayer is where a game lasts for years. (Also mods)

Multiplayer right now desperately needs dedicated private servers and return of warband style class system improved. I've been recently playing mordhau and it's a lot of fun to create your own character with his own weapons, armor and perks. Wish that was in bannerlord too, but I guess they really wanted to make this game a competitive game ready for tournaments or something..
EDIT:
Just keep the current system in ranked but in regular servers, they should definitely bring "create your own class" type of system.
Competitive havent been able to play matches for 3 weeks. For the love of god people stop saying competitive was the goal.

EDIT:

Competitive havent been able to play matches for 3 weeks. For the love of god people stop saying competitive was the goal.

I think it's kinda correct to assume that competitive was the goal, otherwise I don't see a reason why they would make it strictly 6v6 trash gamemode with the class systes that limits gameplay, build a server infrastructure for the MM that doesn't let you to host custom servers etc

it's not possible to make the game competitive without listening to the community, while pushing ur trash vision of the game which nobody wants, though

Last edited:
I think it's kinda correct to assume that competitive was the goal, otherwise I don't see a reason why they would make it strictly 6v6 trash gamemode with the class systes that limits gameplay, build a server infrastructure for the MM that doesn't let you to host custom servers etc

it's not possible to make the game competitive without listening to the community, while pushing ur trash vision of the game which nobody wants, though
My money is on laziness honestly. Class system makes it easier for the developers to make changes, since theres a limited weapon and armor choice for each class, they can literally just take units from singleplayer and call it a day. It also makes it easier to package skins later down the line.

My money is on laziness honestly. Class system makes it easier for the developers to make changes, since theres a limited weapon and armor choice for each class, they can literally just take units from singleplayer and call it a day. It also makes it easier to package skins later down the line.
My thoughts are the same. For a moment, check the discord for the bannerlord online mod and see how actively this is updated. The way I see it, this guy is not just modding the game, he is creating the game. TaleWorlds in the meanwhile are working on the implementation of the next sound of doom update

I think i'm gonna go on a limb and assume that Sturgia being as weak as they are is an intentional design decision. Can i still hope for Vlandian sharpshooter nerfs, at least? Cuz I feel like they're nigh-untouchable since they have enough armor to forgive a lot of mistakes in melee combat while also having the strongest ranged damage in the game.

The asymmetrical class system is easier to make changes, but more difficult to know what the changes should be (at least in Skirmish).

I've ranted about that being near impossible in the past, but you COULD balance it from a data driven perspective. You'd need to consider each round as a state that needed to be balanced, and you'd have to pair up all possible class combinations within each faction. That would allow your data to scale with the gold economy between rounds and give you a clear representation of the class structures that players are using.

Of course, Skirmish is dead, so that's moot now.

When I was new I didn't have much of a problem with the class system, though I knew a gold-based equipment selection just sounded better. After playing all this time though, the cracks in the system really show and in my opinion the class system is a total failure.

A lot of the time you never have access to the proper tools at your disposal (ie. any Sturgian class if you're up against cavalry) and if anything the class system promotes snowballing as you're forced to pick worse and worse classes to counter the enemy, especially if they have cavalry or archers and you can't pick a decent spear or shield to counter either.

It makes it worse that there are definitive perk and class selections that are inexplicably better than others, which narrows down the freedom of choice even further.

Back
Top Bottom