Remembrance Day

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHARLES111MAC

Sergeant at Arms
RemembranceDayMulti2011.jpg

This post is for all members of the comunity to pay their respects to the fallen, no matter the side they thought. I feel that i should do this as it is something i hold dear, and others may too.

Please take this post serious.

I my-self have lost family in the Army
R.i.p Dad (Thomas Andrew MacDonald)
R.i.p Bro ( Alex Euan MacDonald)

I decide me, myself to enlist to remember their sacrifice as they gave their today for my tomorrow same with many other soldiers, and other armed forces members.

This post is to remember all the dead and for you if you wish to pay your respects. I would like if you wish to put this picture in your thread to pay the respects to the wounded or the dead

REMEMBRANCE_DAY_HEADER.jpg

Id like to ask if anyone does something to record it or take pics and post it here.

This will be locked at 00:01 on the 12th (GMT)

Remembrance to my amazing grandfathers, one who fought for the US Navy and the other for the Army. Both of them were involved in medical work, and undoubtedly saved the lives of many men.

To all those who died in spite of the work my grandfathers did. Rest in Peace.

EDIT: I actually think this is the wrong board for a thread like this.
Doesn't matter.  :smile:

One of the most important events in my year. Great respect for men and women who put their lifes on the line so that others may live, have freedoms so often disregarded and so that the majority of people can live "normal" lives. Its one of the greatest deeds a human can do, offering up there life so others may live.

RIP to fallen heroes.

My Great Uncle was the first man from my village to be killed in the war, he was a Private in the 2nd Battalion the Royal Warickshire Regiment. He died on the 2nd of December 1914, he was only 19 years old.

RIP to the lions led by donkeys

and at the going down of the sun, we will remember them. *Salute*

Just a piece of Trivia, why was the last post called the last post?

Answer

Because in the days of the British empire going out to wars across the world, at night before the camp would call lights out, the officer on duty would go from post to post (sentry posts) checking all of them are manned to the correct order in the correct manner in compliance with British army standards. When the officer to go the last post, lights out would be called. Everyone would go to sleep.

Some may think, I thought they played it and then Reveille for that past forever? No. The last post was written after the Reveille call was in service. The last post became used post-WWI.

Edit: I hope my trivia didn't make this subject 'joky' because  remembrance day is a serious day of remembering and reconciling.

My great-great-uncle lost his sight in WWI, and my great-aunt's first husband died on D-Day, June 6th 1944.

Thank you to all vets for your service, past and present.
We will remember you.

My Great Grandfathers, one was killed in ww1 and the other one shot 3 times and couldn't live a normal life.

Both served with the Romanian Forces.

And to my dad who served as an Lt in the Romanian Armed Forces, my sister served Canadian navy for 2 years.
lest we forget is what say in canada to honor our dead and vets

Ayei guess this is our Veterans Day in America. I shall remember my grandfather who served in the Pacific with the US Army during WWII (passed 10 years ago), and also my uncle who had just finished 2 tours in Afghanistan and any past or current soldier sacrificing themselves for the good of others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom