Remedies for sickness

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grocat

Sergeant Knight
So, I've come down with an illness that involves coughing, sneezing, soar throat (from drainage), burning eyes, severe headache, and chills.  I'm guessing it's the Flu or possibly just a cold.  Anyway, I've got an audition today where I need to be able to perform at my best.  Does anyone have any good advice for being at least a temporary relief from said symptoms?  I'd greatly appreciate it.

Ilex shouldn't post.

Also, thanks ahead of time.

-Grocat

I'm going to the pharmacy later today, so I'll check out some Dayquill.

Thanks for the suggestions guy.

-Grocat

Edit:  Ilex, only because I'm afraid of what you might consider "good" advice.

Robitussin. That's all you'll ever need, regardless of you ailment(s).

Seriously though, that should cover sneezing and/or coughing.

but yeah, I'd go with Dayquill especially if you need a "quick fix"

Grow a pair.

Or, down a bunch of whiskey.  That way, even if you aren't good at what you're performing, you'll at least be funny. :grin:

Narcissus said:
The liquid form works the best, but if you have a gag reflex at all ... it might not be for you.  Nasty stuff.

Narcissus

So you're telling us you don't have a gag reflex Narc? :razz:

ThVaz said:
Get drunk.

Funny you said that.  I've come down with a scratchy throat recently, with some body aches, definitely the onset of something.  So I took a vitamin C (800mg) pill and two B12 (500mg) pills.  Washed it down with this stuff over here in the U.S. called Airborne, kinda like alkaseltzer, but actually quite pleasant to drink, but touted as more of a preventative measure.

Then I'm planning on drinking my ass off until the damn thing goes away.  It sucks, cause I have to spend 8 hours a day at work, but if I'm not at work, I'm going to make sure I can't feel any of the symptoms. 

Also, and I don't know if you're a Beam drinker, but a guy at my work swears up and down on hot water, some lemon juice, some honey, and a healthy shot of Jim Beam (I'm sure you can substitute any whiskey for this).  He's not really a drinker, though, so I'm thinking he probably could have just taken the shot and felt the same.

Jayrad said:
Also, and I don't know if you're a Beam drinker, but a guy at my work swears up and down on hot water, some lemon juice, some honey, and a healthy shot of Jim Beam (I'm sure you can substitute any whiskey for this).  He's not really a drinker, though, so I'm thinking he probably could have just taken the shot and felt the same.

The lemon and honey soothes the throat. The hot water is also good for it, but steam will help clear congestion. It's a pretty good combo for anything where the throat hurts.

Grocat said:
I'm going to the pharmacy later today, so I'll check out some Dayquill.

Remember what I said though ... the liquid works better/faster but is nasty, nasty stuff.

Stonewall382 said:
So you're telling us you don't have a gag reflex Narc? :razz:

I should have known one of you guys would say something like that.  :oops:

Actually, I can't drink the liquid for that exact reason.  I can't get it all the way down before it decides to come back up and take a look around.  :mrgreen:

Jayrad said:

My father does this as well and calls it a 'hot todi'(sp?) ...

Narcissus

Thanks guys, everything went just fine.  The Dayquill wasn't as bad as some other medicines I've had, so no problem. 

Thanks again.

-Grocat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom