SP - General Remake the Clan Tier system

Users who are viewing this thread

Vastor_Lord

Recruit
Remake the clan Tier system

I very much dislike the current clan tier system, I understand why it is there, but it feels barebones and frankly un-immersive, and ruins the game for me, I very much doubt this suggestion will be taken in but I do hope some kind Modder out there reads it and tries to implement it or something similar to it, what I have given below are my suggestions and probably not balanced but I hope to get the core idea through by them.

Tier 1 (Well-known merchant/mercenary leader/champion) requirement 50 personal renown ,20 men, 3,000 gold (gold won’t be deducted)

-You are not a noble yet, but more like a well know person (be it a mercenary, merchant or warrior), but

-can join as a mercenary to any kingdom

-gives party size bonus to clan parties by 15

Tier 2 (baron) 150 renown 50 men, 5,000 gold (gold won’t be deducted)

-can be achieved by joining a kingdom by offer/request of vassalage (will be given free stuff by the king like few elite soldiers, armour and weapons)

-can be achieved by taking over a settlement as well, but there is no kingdom you are best a rebel baron upstart, no clan or minor faction can join you

-officially a noble from now on (guards don’t take cash for entering noble hall unless you are a rebel baron)

- lets you raise an additional party

- gives party size bonus to clan parties by 20

Tier 3 (viscount) 350 renown 150 men,1 fief,250 influence (deducted),10,000 gold (1000 deducted)

-if you are not part of a kingdom additional 250 influence is required to upgrade to viscount, after earning the title you can sue for peace with kingdoms around you, still cannot attract lords to your domain, but can enter lord’s hall without paying gold.

-increased influence gain from cities and castles you hold,

-gives party size bonus to clan parties by 20

-can raise levy of 25 veteran militia once every 50 days costs 25 influence 1000 gold 10 renown in your capital

Tier 4 (count) 700 renown ,350 men, 500 influence (deducted), 2 shops 50,000 gold (5,000 deducted)

-if you are not part of a kingdom additional 250 influence is required to upgrade to count, now you can recruit clans under your clan tier from continent, that is tier 1-3. Can pass laws in your kingdom but only after a clan is recruited into the kingdom.

-increased influence from the town and castles you hold

-can raise a military retinue of 50 men (your culture specific mix troops of tier 3 and above with 20% noble troops) once every 75 days, costs 75 influence 2500 gold 25 renown in your capital,

-gives party size bonus to clan parties 25

-lets you raise an additional party

-increased revenue from all sources by 5%

Tier 5 (marquis) 1500 renown, 700 men ,2 fiefs owned, 4 shops 750 influence (deducted), 100,000 gold (10,000 gold deducted)

-if you are not part of a kingdom additional 250 influence is needed

-if you are part of a kingdom, you need 2 clans to be highly favourable to you.

-additional increased revenue from all sources by 5%

-increased influence gain from all the towns and castles you hold

-can raise noble retinue of 25 troops of highest tier noble units once every 75 days for 120 influence 4200 gold 50 renown.

-get 2 clan guards attached to you (special bodyguard units who cannot be commanded but are set to protect you and will always follow you in battle tier, 7 level units) cannot be removed.

Tier 6(king) 3000 renown, 8 shops, 4 fiefs owned ,1250 influence(deducted) 250,000 gold (25,000 deducted)

- you must be the ruling clan if you have joined a kingdom then you must depose the current ruling clan.

-if you have founded a kingdom then your kingdom must have 15 fiefs minimum to crown yourself king,

- kingdom decisions cost 10% less influence

- lets you raise an additional party

-A call to arms option in your capital city wherein 75 troops of tier 3 and above of your culture type will be raised once every 100 days for 200 influence and 100 renown 10,000 gold in your capital

-get 5 Kings guards (clan guards get replaced into kings guard) attached to you (special bodyguard units who cannot be commanded but are set to protect you and will always follow you in battle, tier 8 level units) cannot be removed.

Tier 7(emperor)5000 renown,16 shops 8 fiefs owned, 2500 influence, 45 fiefs in your kingdom, 1,500,000 gold (150,000 deducted)

- kingdom decisions cost additional 25 % less influence

-can raise a legion in your capital city wherein 100 troops of max tier with 40% of max tier noble, your culture type will be raised once every 100 days for 500 influence and 500 renown 35,000 gold in your capital

-get 10 emperors guards (kings guards get replaced into emperors guard) attached to you (special bodyguard units who cannot be commanded but are set to protect you and will always follow you in battle ,tier 9 level units) cannot be removed.

Notes:

Men: – all the available troops under the clan command it includes party troops, caravan troops, garrison troops.

Influence can be gained – passively from the fiefs you hold, the workshops and caravans,

and actively by sending gifts to other clans, tournament, completing quest and the battles you win, everything gives you influence,(influence feels its underrated and not used well).

-Instead of auto upgrading to next clan tier, you have to manually do it and it will take place in the kingdoms capital in the lords hall. Except tier one that can be done through a tavern menu.(if possible a feast or celebration or even enthronement scene depending on the tier)

-Increased revenue is calculated on the total income of the day and added upon it.eg: income for the day is 1000 gold and you are tier 5 clan then the income you get is 1000 +100 = 1100 gold.

-I know there are no tier 7 8 9 troops I am trying to explain how they should feel.

-you can have more fiefs men etc , what is given above is the minimum you should have to move up the clan tier ladder. this is player only also only player clan can become tier 7, for non player clan i think it would be better to keep the old system.

-in case you are founding your own kingdom you can only recruit clans that are lower than your clan tier into your kingdom.

Other changes:

Can adopt up to 3 members into family.

An option to choose and designate an heir if and when your created character dies (for reference shogun 2 clan view)

Every landed clan has a capital and will not trade/sell that away it can be a castle or town and the ruling clans capital is the capital of the kingdom.

The player first fief becomes their capital and it can be moved around just like warband.

remove shop limits and make it one per city like warband and remove companion limits as well.

Random suggestion:

Since you can hope to become emperor in late game and you have to take over around half the map it would make it exciting that

once you proclaim yourself as emperor and have taken around 60 % of fiefs on the map then all the remaining kingdoms stop their wars with each other and have temporary ceasefire between them and have a giant all out war against you ,and this united war cannot be stopped until you have less 50 % of the fiefs on the map.

Back
Top Bottom