Releasing Prisoner Lords (script, read through)

Users who are viewing this thread

I want to release some prisoner lords, but ransoms aren't that frequent, and I would like to do it now, possibly with a relation boost of 1 for letting them out.

Unless someone already has the script to do this, how could I go about adding into the prisoner chat dialogue the option to let them go? I might look around a bit, but I don't know what script should be called to let the go.

Anyways, any help would be great. Thanks!

The following is modified from Custom Commander, originally intended for lords that are already in dungeons.
Code:
   [anyone|plyr,"prisoner_chat",
     [
       (troop_slot_eq, "$g_talk_troop", slot_troop_occupation, slto_kingdom_hero),
       (troop_slot_ge, "$g_talk_troop", slot_troop_prisoner_of_party, 0),
     ], "You are free to go.", "prisoner_chat_let_go",
     [
       (call_script, "script_remove_troop_from_prison", "$g_talk_troop"),
       (troop_set_slot, "$g_talk_troop", slot_troop_leaded_party, -1),
       (call_script, "script_change_player_relation_with_troop", "$g_talk_troop", 1),
       (call_script, "script_add_log_entry", logent_lord_defeated_but_let_go_by_player, "trp_player",  -1, "$g_talk_troop", "$g_talk_troop_faction"),
     ]],
   [anyone,"prisoner_chat_let_go", [],
  "{s43}", "close_window", [
   (call_script, "script_lord_comment_to_s43", "$g_talk_troop", "str_prisoner_released_default"),
   (party_remove_prisoners, "p_main_party", "$g_talk_troop",1),
      ]],

[anyone|plyr,"prisoner_chat", [], "Do not try running away or trying something stupid. I will be watching you.", "prisoner_chat_2",[]],
  [anyone,"prisoner_chat_2", [], "No, I swear I won't.", "close_window",[]],

Nice. I just came on to post what I've come up with so far for a script, and I had
but I guess I didn't identify who I was talking to in it.

I've been trying to get your script to work, but with no success.
First, I tried changing what was said, and where it was to blend with my thing, but then I just pasted your script over mine, so it's only what you put in the post.
Still, he just says don' t try running away, blah blah blah.

Well, here's pretty much the same thing from WFaS - hopefully it should work better. Note the initialization of $g_talk_troop with store_conversation_troop
Code:
  [anyone|plyr,"prisoner_chat", [
	#saving vars
	(store_conversation_troop, "$g_talk_troop"),
    (store_troop_faction, "$g_talk_troop_faction", "$g_talk_troop"),
  ], "Don't even try to run from me!", "prisoner_chat_oim",[]],
  [anyone,"prisoner_chat_oim", [], "And what do you want?", "prisoner_chat_oim_2",[]],
  [anyone|plyr,"prisoner_chat_oim_2", [
	(is_between, "$g_talk_troop", kingdom_heroes_begin, kingdom_heroes_end),
#	(neq, "$g_talk_troop", "trp_kingdom_2_lord"), 	
#	(neg|quest_slot_eq, "qst_oim_getman_capture_tatarin", slot_quest_target_troop, "$g_talk_troop"), 
#	(neq,  "trp_knight_2_16", 1),
#	#(neq, "$g_talk_troop", "trp_knight_2_14"),
  ], "I think you should be set free...", "prisoner_chat_oim_3",[]],
  [anyone|plyr,"prisoner_chat_oim_2", [], "Never mind.", "close_window",[]],
  [anyone,"prisoner_chat_oim_3", [], "And what is it you want?", "prisoner_chat_oim_5",[]],
  [anyone|plyr,"prisoner_chat_oim_5", [], "Release for ransom...", "prisoner_chat_oim_5_money",[]],
	[anyone,"prisoner_chat_oim_5_money", [
			#code calculate prise
			(call_script, "script_calculate_ransom_amount_for_troop", "$g_talk_troop"),
			(assign, reg12, reg0),
			(val_mul, reg12, 3), 
			(val_div, reg12, 5), 
			(assign, reg0, reg12),
			(assign, "$temp", reg12),
		], "I can pay {reg0} thaler for my freedom.", "prisoner_chat_oim_5_money_goon",[]],
		[anyone|plyr,"prisoner_chat_oim_5_money_goon", [], "Well then, you are free.", "close_window",[
			#code
			(call_script, "script_troop_add_gold", "trp_player", "$temp"), 
	        (party_remove_prisoners, "p_main_party", "$g_talk_troop", 1),
		]],
		[anyone|plyr,"prisoner_chat_oim_5_money_goon", [], "Your offer is not good enough for me.", "close_window",[]],
  [anyone|plyr,"prisoner_chat_oim_5", [], "Free the prisoner unconditionally...", "prisoner_chat_oim_5_honor1",[]],
	[anyone,"prisoner_chat_oim_5_honor1", [], "Well, if you would let me go for free, then you are truly a friend to our people.", "prisoner_chat_oim_5_honor",[]],
	[anyone|plyr,"prisoner_chat_oim_5_honor", [], "Well then, you are free.", "prisoner_chat_oim_5_honor_goon",[]],
		[anyone,"prisoner_chat_oim_5_honor_goon", [], "You are a {man/woman} of honor. You have my gratitude.", "close_window",[
			(party_remove_prisoners, "p_main_party", "$g_talk_troop", 1),
			(call_script, "script_change_player_honor", 1),
			(call_script, "script_change_player_relation_with_troop", "$g_talk_troop", 20),
			(call_script, "script_change_player_relation_with_faction_ex", "$g_talk_troop_faction", 10),
		]],
	[anyone|plyr,"prisoner_chat_oim_5_honor", [], "Never mind.", "close_window",[]],
  [anyone|plyr,"prisoner_chat_oim_5", [], "I'll be watching you.", "close_window",[]],

I'm getting an error "NameError: name 'kingdom_heroes_begin' is not defined"

Edit: Ok, I've looked at your Custom Commander script more.
When the script looks like this
Code:
  [anyone|plyr,"prisoner_chat",  [], "I have to decided release you. You are free to go where ever you want.", "prisoner_chat_3",
     [
       (call_script, "script_add_log_entry", logent_lord_defeated_but_let_go_by_player, "trp_player",  -1, "$g_talk_troop", "$g_talk_troop_faction"),
     ]],
when I talk to a prisoner lord, I have the option of saying "don't run" and "you are free". When I pick "you are free", my relation with him improves by 1, and he doesn't leave the party.
When my script looks like this
Code:
  [anyone|plyr,"prisoner_chat",
     [
       (troop_slot_eq, "$g_talk_troop", slot_troop_occupation, slto_kingdom_hero),
       (troop_slot_ge, "$g_talk_troop", slot_troop_prisoner_of_party, 0),
     ], "I have to decided release you. You are free to go where ever you want.", "prisoner_chat_3",
     [
     ]],
then I don't have the option to say anything, it automatically goes to "don't run" and "no, I won't". Plus the relation with him doesn't change.

I tried this earlier, but do you know how I can add lord_talk_ask_location to the prisoner chat? I tried before, but with a lot of errors.
I thought it would be cool to force information out of them, so you could find out what their kingdom is doing.
(BTW, if you could ask a prisoner lord info about where a lord is, would they give up-to-date info, or just what they knew before capture? It would seem like cheat if they could say they are besieging a city when they would have no way of knowing.)

I'm working on a different dialog for regular troops and need to disable it for lords, and I just wanted to ask if
Code:
(neg|is_between, "$g_talk_troop", heroes_begin, heroes_end),
would work.

Edit: Second thing, if the prisoner is a faction troop, would
Code:
(call_script, "script_change_player_relation_with_faction_ex", "$g_talk_troop_faction", -2),
lower your relation with that faction?

Back
Top Bottom