Release the Sourceeeeeeeeeeeeee

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some devs are just extremely protective and paranoid about their work and not getting credit for it. On one hand I understand that they worked hard on it and don't want to see people just rip their work apart, take what they like and claim it as their own. On the other hand it is selfish and is part of the reason why there are so many dead, incomplete mods for Warband lying around the forums.

kuauik said:
bugger off
lol you should  **** off.. nice answer from a Moderator,  keep the forum alive ... he can ask and this mod should be fixed,  they sad they will release but it does not happen because of dicks like you.. like other " dead mods" have.

In my opinion this doesn't warrant name-calling from either side.

As there is probably no 100% way to protect your assets from being altered and potentially even used in commercial products, I can get where the dev team is coming from. Still, there are so many major bugs left in the mod (disfunctional archers in sieges etc.) and it doesn't really look like you guys have the enthusiasm and/or time left to fix those, so you gotta understand the other side as well. Yes, it is free and all that, but you can't really blame anyone for wanting to see a good game being worked upon and improved even further. Which sadly is impossible without access to the source.

Gotta admit, I'd also rather see the mod going strong for years to come than fading into obscurity, which will eventually happen if 1.13 will really be the final release.

DeSoto said:
As there is probably no 100% way to protect your assets from being altered and potentially even used in commercial products, I can get where the dev team is coming from.

Warband code can't be used outside of warband. The assets themselves like textures and models can, even without the source code, and there isn't really anything developers can do to prevent that.

Why would you want the source? so you can make a few changes to it an release it with you're name on it? This is what happens in too many cases when source is released to the public and it's sad to see it happen when you work for years in a team on something and then one guy makes a few tweaks he calls improvements and releases his own version with his name on top...

Rarilmar said:
Why would you want the source? so you can make a few changes to it an release it with you're name on it? This is what happens in too many cases when source is released to the public and it's sad to see it happen when you work for years in a team on something and then one guy makes a few tweaks he calls improvements and releases his own version with his name on top...

Not you again... The only thing which is "sad" is your opinion.. Of course they would get credits, some people just want to make their favorite "game", "mod" more bug free or add some new stuff or even make a hole different mod. It still is a mod... I would be proud, if people want to work with "my mod, stuff". That's it.

You take the time to say stuff like this, to shine in front of somebody?!
At least they tried to make it better... by the way.

@RoboSenshi, people asked many times.. Personally, I also do not want to PM everybody on the forum about stuff they already sad or change or maybe do?

peace

The reason I would like to see the source code released is so that someone could get to the bottom of the major bug during siege battles concerning attackers not using their ranged weapons. This tends to make sieges pretty one sided.

Hey Guys, if you want the source, just tell me so in this topic, after my post! Thanks!

P.S.
I don't read or reply to private messages, so don't bother with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom