RELEASE THE GAME

Users who are viewing this thread

II think helping people to not make the mistakes I made is a good hobbie actually but thank you for your suggestion.
Helping who? Everyone in this forum OWNS the game already, this is a place for obsessed gamers bro, don't try to help others, help yourself ?

I am also sorry that I think companies should be held to what they say when taking people's money, yes its EA but if TALEWORLDS had said we have no idea how long the game will be in EA and won't even hazard a guess I would have some respect for that. They didn't, they KNEW that people would not spend $50 on an EA game when the devs had no idea about when it would actually be released. So they basically committed fraud.
AFAIK it is required to provide an estimate for early access. I am pretty sure that none of the relevant posts gave a specific date, but rather continuously highlighted that more time will be taken if considered necessary. At this point, "early access" IMO still seems like a useful disclaimer to inform the purchase decision of people. Also note that a release doesn't mean that there won't be any patches anymore.

Initial release

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?​

“While we do not have a set date for a full release at this moment in time, we expect that the game will be in early access for around a year. Our focus is on ensuring that the game is fun and enjoyable rather than imposing a deadline that might have a negative impact on the final product.”
1 year recap
With that in mind, this first anniversary seems like the perfect occasion to take another look at the path we’re walking together. Initially, we had estimated that the early access period would last for about a year. And while we are happy with the progress that has been made so far, we feel that the game isn’t quite ready for its full release just yet. As such, our tentative estimate for the release is Q4 2021, however, development will continue for as long as necessary as we take the time to ensure that the game is fun and enjoyable.
Future Plans (Last August)
Whew! So that was quite a lot to get through, but it still leaves a couple of big questions unanswered. Mainly, when will the game be fully released, and on what platforms? Well, we want to be up-front at this point by saying that early access will continue on into next year, with our current estimate for the full release being Q2 2022. We are fairly confident that we will hit that target, however, if we feel the game still isn’t ready at that point, then we will delay the release. As for platforms, we can confirm that the game will be coming to consoles, however, we are unable to share any further details on this just yet.

Its called making a point, I would call them Taleworlds if they didn't fail constantly so its appropriate. Also I'm sorry you think calling out scammers on their forums is a waste of time. I try to warn people here and on the Steam forums about what the game and its devs really are. Scammers and a scam. Clearly you think people shouldn't state what they think of the game UNLESS its people who fall over themselves praising the game and its devs. Do you ever to onto game supporting or dev supporting forums and tell them they are wasting their time or telling them they act like 14 year olds? I highly doubt it.

I am also sorry that I think companies should be held to what they say when taking people's money, yes its EA but if TALEWORLDS had said we have no idea how long the game will be in EA and won't even hazard a guess I would have some respect for that. They didn't, they KNEW that people would not spend $50 on an EA game when the devs had no idea about when it would actually be released. So they basically committed fraud. Clearly you think taking people's money while lying to them is ok. I could care less if they apologize, some devs actually offer refunds if they are have found to misjudged who long it would take for their game to come out but not TALEWORLDS.

I think its great that you think we all know this crap already but I beg to differ, there are still people buying the game, there are still new people probably coming on these forums to read what experiences people are having and I will CONTINUE to speak on what my experiences I have, that TALEWORLDS is a horrible, lying dev that doesn't deserve anymore money until the game is completely released. That the great modders who sadly are the ones that truly wasted their time especially early on are the reason I still play this game, the base game is boring and has serious issues. I mean when TALEWORLDS said 1 year of EA many devs probably believed them and figured it would be good to start making mods... now over 2 years on with no end in site why would any modder believe a word this lying dev has to say on when they think the game will be released. I sure wouldn't.

Good day to you. I hope the payment from TALEWORLDS to defend them (not that you were defending them or anything) makes you happy.
Being 'released' is just a title. It has no quality attached to it. They could have said one year ago that they are releasing the game. But they didn't want to stop improving the game and they didn't want people to get into a game knowing it is still getting developed essentially. They could have just pulled a Cyberpunk 2077 on us and it wouldn't even look that bad.

And it will be more than 3 years "soon", I mean they just further delayed stuff they´ve "announced" in august 2021 (and some of it even was shown pre EA release in their hype phase). I have no idea what they are doing, I guess TW also has no idea what they´re doing.

Game will maybe (!) be finished in Q3/2023.

Also they can´t release the game in this broken state because they want the console sales, they need to at least polish it a bit.
For the record, I don't think Q3/2023 is a realistic expectation, I am guessing it will be in development for another couple of years before we finally see a good product.That is if TW doesn't abandon the game all-together before it is even finished. We should not forget that people have already bought the game, and paid the triple A price for this title. The money has already come in and there is no guarantee TW will not simply abandon this so far extremely disappointing title

AFAIK it is required to provide an estimate for early access. I am pretty sure that none of the relevant posts gave a specific date, but rather continuously highlighted that more time will be taken if considered necessary. At this point, "early access" IMO still seems like a useful disclaimer to inform the purchase decision of people. Also note that a release doesn't mean that there won't be any patches anymore.

Initial release

1 year recap

Future Plans (Last August)

What is Early Access?​

Steam Early Access enables you to sell your game on Steam while it is still being developed, and provide context to customers that a product should be considered "unfinished." Early Access is a place for games that are in a playable alpha or beta state, are worth the current value of the playable build, and that you plan to continue to develop for release.

Releasing a game in Early Access helps set context for prospective customers and provides them with information about your plans and goals before a "final" release.

What Early Access Is Not​

Early Access is not a way to crowdfund development of your product.
You should not use Early Access solely to fund development. If you are counting on selling a specific number of units to complete your game, then you need to think carefully about what it would mean for you or your team if you don't sell that many units. Are you willing to continue developing the game without any sales? Are you willing to seek other forms of investment?

Early Access is not a pre-purchase
Early Access is not meant to be a form of pre-purchase, but a tool to get your game in front of Steam users and gather feedback while finishing your game.

And it will be more than 3 years "soon", I mean they just further delayed stuff they´ve "announced" in august 2021 (and some of it even was shown pre EA release in their hype phase). I have no idea what they are doing, I guess TW also has no idea what they´re doing.

Game will maybe (!) be finished in Q3/2023.

Also they can´t release the game in this broken state because they want the console sales, they need to at least polish it a bit.
make it Q3/2027

Back
Top Bottom