OSP Kit [Release] Mod Template for Visual Studio (Automatically configs, adds references and more!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi, just installed visual studio and then your extension and enabled it
"Visual Studio will guide you through the rest" nothing comes up for me.
Im new to VS would you be able to write a quick install guide please?

Hi, just installed visual studio and then your extension and enabled it
"Visual Studio will guide you through the rest" nothing comes up for me.
Im new to VS would you be able to write a quick install guide please?

What I meant with that is that the installer for Visual Studio extensions will guide you through the installation process itself.

What the extension does is add a custom template, so you start Visual Studio and go to Create a New Project. Then search for Bannerlord and my template should show up. :xf-smile:

Or did the extension fail to install? The file should end with a .vsix extension. You can also try to install it via the Visual Studio Marketplace which can be accessed directly through Visual Studio! ☺

Thanks for the reply
I had to install game development with c++ on the visual studio installer to get it to work now it allows me to create a new project with Bannerlord template. Just installing .Net framework 4.7.2 now, then i can begin :smile:

I started a new project and selected your template, should my project show up as a mod or do I need to still create the mod folder?

Edit: I see the mod folder but there is no submodule.xml should this have been created automatically?

I started a new project and selected your template, should my project show up as a mod or do I need to still create the mod folder?

It should automagically create the mod folder for you. You can verify it's there by going to where Bannerlord is installed, for example;

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules

It should automagically create the mod folder for you. You can verify it's there by going to where Bannerlord is installed, for example;

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules
Ok everything looks like it is working, thanks a lot for your work.

Thank you, that is useful~

I do not think that needs improvement, it works well, but if it would be modified, I guess some templates to work with xml-files could be added, to copy them like SubModule.xml.

Decided to try and create a project template for Visual Studio to make it<snip>
Thank you for this - I am using it and initially it helped me when I had no idea how to manually create all this.
Now that I know how to do it myself manually, I still use it because it does the job of getting you started quickly very well.

Is it possible to get all the core TaleWorld dlls as a NuGet. I know there are paid libraries out there that you can still get the NuGet, but you can't do anything with it untill you provide the License Key, which, in our case, would be the Game Key. This would make it easier for modding teams keeping up with the latest packages and update and would make automated builds possible in continuous integration and continuous development. Not to mention automated tests. Also, onboarding new members would be streamlined with just, "do a nuget restore and enter your product key from steam" as apposed to, re-map all of the references to point to your install location and make sure those changes to the project file are ignored so it doesn't mess up anyone else.

Just a suggestion. Love the game!

Back
Top Bottom