Release editors, please, to allow players to contribute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Balor

Recruit
Namely level and quest editors... or at least reveal specifications that they must adhere to.
Take Morrowind - worse then your game, but look at quantity of mods! And some players already displayed their desire to make quests and levels for the game
I'd suggest staging a competition for best levels (towns, interiours, mines, etc...), and quests.
Those, who's quests/levels that will go into the final game will be rewarded with a line in credits and, perhaps, serials :wink:.
Take Russia - we a lot of talented people... but even 10$ is 3 times our minimal wage and, what's worse, VERY few people have credit cards... and not all of them are accepted outside of Russia.
That would be good both for you and for them.

I'd love to release mod editors and such. The only problem is, we have nothing like Elder Scrolls Construction Set. Our content development environment consists of a set of phyton scripts. Therefore, if you do anything wrong, say forget to close a paranthesis, the whole thing will refuse to run, or run incorrectly. It would just drive modders mad.

Having said that, I will try my best to come up with ways to enhance mod development. But that may take quite a bit of time or even not come at all.

Don't forget that a lot of modders that write scripts are programmers in RL, like a lot of abovementioned MW CS modders. I'm a bit of programmer myself, and my MW mods are rather popular (Primary Needs, Herbalism, One Power, Levelling...). And besides, MW scripting language really perverted, and it's not THAT easy to code in one.
There are moddelers among them too, btw, so if you levels are simply done in 3D Max or something, it is still possible to find people what will be ready to contribute... visit this (MW mod site):
http://kiorra.nm.ru/
And click on the flash link 'window' - that'll lead to screens.
All this was done by one moddeler too.
Just post specifications, at least... I'm sure, as hype will gain momentum :smile: - there would be more then a few people ready to help.

Back
Top Bottom