Release day tips?

Users who are viewing this thread

iElek

Recruit
Hello. The game will be released in EA in around 9 hours and i've been trying to waste time since I cannot sleep.

With the release of the game, does anyone have any tips for me regarding SP? Maybe new features thread, minor tips, etc..

I've been up to date w/ the dev blogs but I feel like I don't remember anything

Hello. The game will be released in EA in around 9 hours and i've been trying to waste time since I cannot sleep.

With the release of the game, does anyone have any tips for me regarding SP? Maybe new features thread, minor tips, etc..

I've been up to date w/ the dev blogs but I feel like I don't remember anything
think its more like 11 hours til it comes out. good tip, have enough money to pay wages, dont expand your army every chance you get.

So to summarize the tips given:

1. Swords are pointy, they go in other people
2. Keep hp >0
3. Pay your troops, and have money always to do so
4. Don't expand quickly, money doesn't grow on tree's
5. Horses R fast

just like warband:
-get a lance and a horse
-first lance looters until you get enough cash
-then hire mercenaries with the cash
-fight stronger bandits with mercenaries
-make enterprises in every city before joining a faction

I have some time so here's some serious advice:

1. Be a spendthrift. Remember that you'll have to pay salaries for your men, and those salaries get higher as they promote. You'll also need to furnish them with plenty of food. In the early game, this means you'll be wanting to spend carefully. Scavenge what you can off of battlefields and be judicious with your coin until you're gaining a comfortable income.

2. Keep your army fed. Linked to the above, make sure you always have access to food. This will be the resource you burn through the quickest, and unpreserved food will spoil, so be careful how much of it you buy at a time. Grains, which spoil slowly, and dried meats and fish are going to be your best friend on the march. (Butter is also an excellent meal of choice.) As your army gets larger, I believe Bannerlord will have new ways of gathering supplies, such as by sending out foraging parties. You can also slaughter cattle, pack animals, and even horses in your train for meat, if I recall correctly. Early on, though, I reckon you'll be buying or looting most of your food, same as Warband.

3. Numbers matter. If you have a bunch of veterans, you can most likely challenge more than your own number if the enemy is mostly brigands or raw recruits. But however well you're doing, be careful that you don't bite off more than you can chew. You might be tempted to say "High morale, riding many victories, my 30 lads can take those 50. Let's go!" But in many cases, even if you do take them, you'll suffer heavy losses as a result. Exercising discretion on when and where to fight is every bit as important as the fight itself. Don't be afraid to run if ambushed by a larger force.

4. Your men convalesce. Make sure you pay attention to how many fighting-fit soldiers you have on hand. You might have an army of 52, but if 25 of them are healing up after a nasty encounter, don't forget that you're at half strength! Rest up in camp or a city until they're good and healed if you want to be safe.

5. Watch yourself. Your health is every bit as important as your numbers; moreso, if you leave permadeath on. Make sure you don't charge recklessly into battle after a tough fight, your health might not be up to the task.

6. Remember that you're human. Never assume you've reached the point where nothing can hurt you. In Mount and Blade, everything can hurt you no matter how strong you become. Maybe you're clad head to toe in steel astride a mighty barded warhorse and you can run down brigands by the score. But if you let your guard down, a score of brigands just might unhorse you and overwhelm you with sheer numbers. Be vigilant, always!

Praven is now called "Pravend" so go there of you need butter.

Bear skin capes and hats make great body armor apparently.

Whever you go, always bring a camel. For style points.

If bird watching is your thing, keep an eye out for the Calradian Eagle which can be found throughout much of central part of the continent and which can be easily recognized by its two heads.

There's still much speculation around the community about the marriage features present in EA but any good Khuzait will be quick to point out that "mount" is right there in the title.

If you're unsure of which faction to join but are looking for a good challenge, remember the words of the wise Battanian warrior poet Kermit: it's not easy being green.

Whever you go, always bring a camel. For style points.

"We can't let just anyone in to see the general. Who knows what you could be plotting?"

"I see. That's a shame."

"......"

"... What is it, lad?"

"I say... That is a very fashionable camel, ser."

"Why thank you. 100% Aserai stock. Not that there exists any other."

"... Oh, sod it. Open the gate! Anyone possessed of such a stylish beast can't possibly be plotting mischief."

As the gate opens, the camel chews a mouthful of feed triumphantly.

1. Your relationship with others are transactional. What you give is what you get, expect to work hard to win people's favour in order to do some of the things you want to do. Be wary of anyone who does not adhere to this rule of law.

2. In battle keep. it. simple. It is better you lose 50% of your army due to your unwillingness to try something advanced that may work than lose 90+% becuese you tried some crazy tactics and couldn't execute them properly. Practice them in other, less important playthroughs but In your main playthroughs, use what you know works if you want to be safe. Though considered this is EA you probably shouldn't be too serious on your playthroughs so this not as strong a point right now.

3. Always be conscious of your food supply as well as morale and fatigue of your men. You are a better leader if you keep them happy, and they are sure to repay you on the battlefield.

4. The best leader is not the one which is adept of getting out of tight spots, but rather, the one who is adept at foreseeing them and avoiding them in the first place.

5. Ensure your most inexperienced warriors partake in battles. They are most expendable and in need of hardning. But they are still not cannon fodder, if you can bring they best out of a peasant then imagine what you will be capable of when they develop into a higher tier unit. Do not rely on your army quality to win battles but always take it into consideration as it absolutely warrants consideration - why read tip 4 again.

5 ii) if it wasn't made clear the tip above, make sure you utilise all components of your army. No one should be idle throughout the battle, use everyone.

6. Take account of the strength of the faction you are at war with and try to counter them if you are in a position where that is possible.

7. In battle if you fight alongside your troops on foot, drift to the edges of the fight, the centre is... wild. Pick your targets carefully lest you be overwhelmed by thier skill or you draw the aggression of too many.

8. Be proactive in battles. Sometimes it's is best to be more offensive, other times defensive. This depends on the comparitive troop numbers and quality as well as terrain... And what tactics you are most familiar with. Though you want to do what you know works, make sure you are trying to increase what you know so that when the time comes you will be going through the motions.

This is good enough I think. Nowhere near an exhaustive list though.

Last edited:
Just like Warband:

- Get a bow and a horse
- Shoot looters until you get enough cash and improved equipment
- Recrute peasants and level them up
- Fight stronger bandits
- Pledge allegiance
- Conquer towns and ask them for you
- When the king refuses, keep it and rebel
- Conquer the faction
- Conquer Calradia
- Cry

Just like Warband:

- Get a bow and a horse
- Shoot looters until you get enough cash and improved equipment
- Recrute peasants and level them up
- Fight stronger bandits
- Pledge allegiance
- Conquer towns and ask them for you
- When the king refuses, keep it and rebel
- Conquer the faction
- Conquer Calradia
- Cry
I might be wrong but I think I remember reading that you can't start your own faction at launch, meaning that you can't rebel.

Back
Top Bottom