Release date announced on 25th October for PS5, PS4, PC, Xbox Series X/S,

Users who are viewing this thread

Well, without an update in the meantime this is pretty much what were getting. Im guessing the release date will have an update at least, with some features theyve been announcing (like banners or claimant quests). But thats pretty much it. No dialogue, diplomacy or some intrigue. Kinda disappointed

the biggest joke, besides the game itself, is that they'll probably keep releasing updates after the "release", and thus keep breaking every mod every 2 months.

otherwise I don't see how they expect to implement all the missing features and fix all the bugs and broken systems (policies, dialogues, and a lot more), and let's not even mention the AI lmao

Found this statement from Taleworlds on Reddit. Pretty much confirms that there'll be at least one or two more updates until "full release".
That doesn´t give me more hope, they weren´t be able to release an update that didn´t break whatever stuff for the last year or so.

They´ll never be able to add the missing stuff AND fix "most" major issues in two months, unless they outsource the development to a company that cares :iamamoron:

I thought that BL would be like WB but with a richer world, something like bigger WB mods archived in some way but it turned to be the opposite, fight fight and fight nothing else.

Really disappointed :sad:

Found this statement from Taleworlds on Reddit. Pretty much confirms that there'll be at least one or two more updates until "full release".
the biggest joke, besides the game itself, is that they'll probably keep releasing updates after the "release", and thus keep breaking every mod every 2 months.
I would very much like TW to clarify their post-release plans in more detail.

Do they have a certain slate of content planned, after which they'll call the game finalized? Will the frequency or content of updates change in general? Will Steam still get beta branches, and if so will their nature change in any way? Is TW going to do anything to make future updates friendlier to modders, like communication of API changes, releasing "Stable" beta branches, no longer touching XML/scene files, doing updates annually or semi-annually instead of every 2-3 months, etc etc?

Or is post-release going to be identical, for all purposes, to early access? And if so for how long? Until XYZ features are in; or indefinitely? As much as some players are disappointed that release is being announced before every promised feature is implemented, modders will also be disappointed if release is being announced without it actually bringing an end to the EA-modding frustrations.

Skeleton crew will work on fixes (and maybe adds the missing features from their "roadmap" if not ready in 2 months), when it´s running kind of stable switch to dlc stuff. Main force will focus on SpaceGameTM.

I would very much like TW to clarify their post-release plans in more detail.

Do they have a certain slate of content planned, after which they'll call the game finalized? Will the frequency or content of updates change in general? Will Steam still get beta branches, and if so will their nature change in any way? Is TW going to do anything to make future updates friendlier to modders, like communication of API changes, releasing "Stable" beta branches, no longer touching XML/scene files, doing updates annually or semi-annually instead of every 2-3 months, etc etc?

Or is post-release going to be identical, for all purposes, to early access? And if so for how long? Until XYZ features are in; or indefinitely? As much as some players are disappointed that release is being announced before every promised feature is implemented, modders will also be disappointed if release is being announced without it actually bringing an end to the EA-modding frustrations.
That's why I made this post https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/future-plans-post-2-from-taleworlds.453082/ and tagged Callum to try and get a response

...but no response. Not even a "no"

God that trailer looked awful lmao. Looked like a 2013 fan trailer with that two steps from hell
Totally this, I cannot believe how bad, out of place and unepic it looks. Random cavalry charges once and again and again, blobs of infantry fighting, random conversations buying a workshop, weird music... What's the point on releasing a new trailer that looks way worse than the one they released for the Early Access version two years ago? And still no banners, I know it kinda turned into a meme or something, but come on, it's the release trailer of a game that it's called "Bannerlord", a bit of self love, guys.

qLaeGSz.jpg

Excuse me, "release" date when neither the game nor trailer feature a thing that was shown back in 2017 and is one of the key words in the title of the game? Proper banner editor? BANNERlord? Hello? Unless I'm missing something, looks like TW is finally ready to join the list of overpromising/underdelivering studios, something I was hoping wouldn't happen anytime soon, but here we are.

Game is still years from being finished, lmao. With the exception of a few lag and crash fixes in Multiplayer, it is still extremely barebones, and resembles an early alpha or a tech demo. I have never seen a less polished multiplayer experience in my entire life, and that's not hyperbole.

Totally this, I cannot believe how bad, out of place and unepic it looks. Random cavalry charges once and again and again, blobs of infantry fighting, random conversations buying a workshop, weird music... What's the point on releasing a new trailer that looks way worse than the one they released for the Early Access version two years ago? And still no banners, I know it kinda turned into a meme or something, but come on, it's the release trailer of a game that it's called "Bannerlord", a bit of self love, guys.
I thought exactly the same thing... the same picture. :lol:

They are in no way ready for this release date; seems they've hit their budget from PC and need that console cash injection, or they've given up fixing/giving actual depth to the multitude of systems in the game.

how are they going to add all the "announced" stuff in 2 months?
hell, even sieges aren't fully fixed yet.
and the AI still does stupid stuff pretty glaringly.
maybe the EA version is very different from the release version.
concidering that there where barely any updates since 1.7.0, it would make sense that their focus is not on the EA version anymore. it would make sense that they don't care about some EA issues, as they are not a thing of the release version anyway (for unknown reasons)
remember the jump they pulled off from 1.6.4 to 1.7.0 . it's not like they are not capable of doing such things.
not saying that it has to be like that and it's a lot of hopium. in the end it's all rumours.

I am kind of relieved at this point. Finally, i am 100 percent sure BL will not be a game i will like without mods. Call me naive or whatever you want. I am really looking forward to a complete gameplay overhaul mod.

Back
Top Bottom