Release date announced on 25th October for PS5, PS4, PC, Xbox Series X/S,

Users who are viewing this thread

how are they going to add all the "announced" stuff in 2 months?
hell, even sieges aren't fully fixed yet.
and the AI still does stupid stuff pretty glaringly.

They wont be able to ... it will more post launch patches, I'm sure. Unless both their ability and work ethic triples immediately.

Came back to see what it's like, did a full Empire playthrough until total conquest so I can at least criticize it with knowledge on the problems and missing stuff. Issues down below.

No banners. Retarded AI, both on strategic and tactical maps (objectively, don't even try to defend it.) No village improvements. Borderline mobile-like town improvement. Smithing makes no sense. The balance of skills, weapons and factions is a complete clusterf**k. Spears are useless. Horses handle like it's 1998, Warband did it better. Horseback combat feels awful compared to Warband. The main quest is basically a joke. Companions are the most BAREBONE system I've ever seen in a game, any since the late nineties. Town and castle scenes are empty and there's nothing to do whatsoever. Trading makes you 5% of what battles do. Caravans and Workshop are broken (you make more by farming two enemy parties than a month of revenues from 4 caravans and 6 workshops. Sieges are... unenjoyable to say the least, and they were marketed as, basically, the top feature. Interaction with any character is meaningless. There's no R to this PG WHATSOEVER. The new combat map system is great on paper, but I end up ending up with the same 5 maps until it's nauseatingly boring. The loading times of the UI are still widely unacceptable. The graphical fidelity has somehow gotten worse since your first teaser trailers years ago.

Too long, didn't read: this was, as someone aptly put it before, a grift.
You got me real good though, I must admit. Enjoyed Warband and NW so much I bought it on day one even if it's against my usual rules. Regretted it and have wasted FAR too much time testing every new patch... if they can even be called patches, they're basically used bandaids which will probably get the wound infected.

That's a sarcastic clap for you, Taleworlds. Now enjoy your sweet console money, it's not like players have a lot of common sense nowadays.

I check back every big update to see how the game performances, bugs and general feature additions. I play for max 4-6 hours before I realize how dead and terrible the game is, and then I go load up Warband.

That's not a good thing, but hey, at least you can add those console players to that 13k people on Steam for that extra buck.

They wont be able to ... it will more post launch patches, I'm sure. Unless both their ability and work ethic triples immediately.

If they couldn't do it in years of Early Access, I'm sure we just need more faith they'll continue to actually work on it post release. Consume more and they will do more. :party:

Skeleton crew will work on fixes (and maybe adds the missing features from their "roadmap" if not ready in 2 months), when it´s running kind of stable switch to dlc stuff. Main force will focus on SpaceGameTM.
Aye. They'll release this, keep a very small team to work on updates, but the rest will be working on their sci fi game. I wouldn't be surprised if they've been working on it for awhile now.

They can call it released at any time, although there can be consequences to that (backlash, bad press, PR crisis, etc.)
People already started to change their steam rating to negative and i believe it will snowball towards that with more and more taking the trend. Specially if the launched version will be pretty much just a 1.8.0 general state of the game and not something more, at least on the level of Viking Conquest.

maybe the EA version is very different from the release version.
concidering that there where barely any updates since 1.7.0, it would make sense that their focus is not on the EA version anymore. it would make sense that they don't care about some EA issues, as they are not a thing of the release version anyway (for unknown reasons)
remember the jump they pulled off from 1.6.4 to 1.7.0 . it's not like they are not capable of doing such things.
not saying that it has to be like that and it's a lot of hopium. in the end it's all rumours.
I'd call that wishful thinking, but you do you i guess...

Hello, will mouse/keyboard be compatible with Bannerlord console edition? If so, will there be an icon indicating when a player is using one? Often times the games get competitive online and I sense players wanting to claim they are better than others without the transparency of an unfair advantage.

my game started going into stutters -> mega freeze than crashes on campaign map since 1.8.1 hit live - now, not sure if that's because they've managed to yet again break 500 mods with the hotfix or if it's on them purely, if the latter it only confirms that they should never be releasing it now... EVER.
People already started to change their steam rating to negative and i believe it will snowball towards that with more and more taking the trend. Specially if the launched version will be pretty much just a 1.8.0 general state of the game and not something more, at least on the level of Viking Conquest.
I have no reason to negative bomb review them, I don't care enough to go out of my way to just go haywire on steam spilling some "you ugly doodoo!"

Last edited:
my game started going into stutters -> mega freeze than crashes on campaign map since 1.8.1 hit live - now, not sure if that's because they've managed to yet again break 500 mods with the hotfix or if it's on them purely, if the latter it only confirms that they should never be releasing it now... EVER.
Maybe there are lords who have insane amounts of grain and the game is crashing when they try to get rid of it?

Back
Top Bottom