RELEASE: DanyEle's Persistent World Scripts

Users who are viewing this thread

Gishank

Master Knight
DanyEle's Persistent World Scripts

Introduction

This scriptset provides a broad range of configurable features that will enable you to provide a next-level, tailored experience to your Persistent World community.

Development on this scriptset was started initially in 2013, by DanyEle, for a handful of select communities. In 2014, and in partnership with “Alera Gaming”, the opportunity was taken to provide the scriptset to a much wider audience.

Over the years the scriptset has been consistently enhanced, with new features and bugfixes implemented on a regular basis. The scriptset’s high quality has gained it a strong reputation, and has made it popular with communities from all around the world, including the US, Canada, China, Turkey, Russia, Australia, various EU nations, and many more!

We are proud to say that the scriptset has also been used as the backbone for a number of Persistent World submods, such as Tales of Rindahl. Many HCRP communities have also taken advantage of DanyEle’s scripting aptitude for extensive custom features based upon this scriptset.

We are happy to say that we are now providing you, the community a stable, polished and feature-rich Persistent World scriptset at no charge.

You are welcome to modify the contents of this public release version; however, please do not redistribute any changes that you have made without seeking explicit permission from DanyEle.

You may not profit either directly or indirectly off of any of the work contained within this release. If you are a server provider and you wish to include the scriptset as part of your service offer, you must do so for free; you may not charge any fees to provide the scriptset, nor may you increase existing fees to include this item. You must also provide credit to DanyEle as the author of the scriptset, and provide a link to this Taleworld’s thread where people can acquire the scriptset.

Persistent World Nameserver (“backend/pwnameserver”) is included in this release, and was developed by Vornne. It can be acquired from the Taleworlds forums, but is included for ease-of-use.

This release also includes version 2 of the “Chat Sanitisation” OSP, which was released by Gishank and DanyEle on the Taleworld’s forums. This filters all chat messages, and removes invalid characters, preventing malicious players from abusing chat and crashing the gameserver.

This release is provided “AS IS”.

The public release of the scriptset will not be developed any further from this version. DanyEle will not provide any support for this scriptset.

Gishank offers a setup service for the scriptset charged at £20. This assumes you meet the relevant software/hardware requirements. Should MySQL/Apache, et-cetera need to be installed and configured, he will charge £50.

Gishank will offer support for the scriptset charged at £8 per issue/query. He can be contacted by Steam, or the Taleworld’s forums. Alternatively, you can pay £45 for a year of support covering the scriptset.

If you are interested in custom features for your Persistent World server, or you would like to take advantage of DanyEle’s scripting abilities, you may contact him via the Taleworlds forums, or Steam. Please be advised that DanyEle reserves the right to refuse any request, and may charge a fee for any work requested.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/gishank/
http://steamcommunity.com/id/DanyEle/

Features

Banking system
- Players can deposit gold in to a bank.
- You can set a daily withdrawal limit (can also be configured on a per-user basis, e.g for VIP users/donators).
- You can set a maximum cap on how much someone may store in their bank account (can also be configured on a per-user basis, e.g for VIP users/donators).
Gold, Item, Faction/Class, Items, Equipment, Hunger, Horse, Location and HP saving.
All players have a unique PIN, providing an authentication method for communities to manage the data through a custom website.
Player Score/Statistics Tracking - Kill/Death Ratio, Team-kills and hours played on the server.
Enhanced logs
- Items dropped/picked up/equipped/unequipped/wielded.
- Corpses looted
- Damage dealt to players by other players.
- Horses mounted/dismounted
- Bows shot/crossbows shot
- Damage dealt to walls
- Damage dealt to chests
- Damage dealt by horses to players, including the horse’s owner’s name
- Damage dealt by players to horses, including the horse’s owner’s name
- Content of money bags dropped on the ground both when dieing and when dropping them intentionally
- Content of money bags picked up
- Gold withdrawn from chests
Broadcast a customised M.O.T.D through the in-game chat channel (configured through strings.txt). This is typically more visible than the pop-up message.
Ability to disable spawning with default weapons (rusty sword, etc).
Player Housing - Player interacts with door prop and then grants them access should they have the relevant permission set in the database.
-Option to have privately owned property for donators, or businesses.
-Option to have publically purchasable property.
-Option to have a maximum period of time that a property may be owned before it expires and becomes purchasable by another player.
Combatlog Countermeasures
-When a player attacks another player, is attacked, or loots a corpse a timer will be initiated (can be defined in the database). If the player leaves during said timeframe they will drop their gear as if they died.
Persistent Item chests
In game chat commands system.
- /help: Get a full list of commands currently available
- /gold: Get the amount of gold in your bank account
- /date: Get the current CET date
- /time: Get the current CET time. M:H:S
- /get_withdrawal_limit: Get the daily withdrawal limit for your bank account
- /NSA: Get your current account status and important information such as deposit limit, withdrawal limit, current gold in bank, and GUID. All the data that could be stolen by NSA.
- /house: If the user is the owner of a house, it displays the house’s renewal date(if it has one), its cost and who the 10 available guest slots are occupied by
- /add_user_house: if the user owns a house, it allows to fill one of the 10 slots with a player’s GUID. First type the command, then the GUID, then the slot
- /remove_user_house: if the user currently owns a house, it allows to empty one of the 10 slots. First type the command, then the slot you want to empty.
- /GUID: Simply displays the current user’s GUID, which can used for gold transfer or being added to a property.
- /gg: Transfer an amount of gold to another player’s bank account. First type the command, then the gold amount, then the players’ GUID you want to send gold to.
- /lords: Outputs a list of all current faction lords, if available.
- /score: Shows your current kill/death ratio.
- /played_time: Shows how long you've been playing on the server.
- /scripts: Get information about the scripts.
Admin Scalpel replenishes stock levels to 40
Admins can teleport players
- "Teleport to a player" can be used to teleport a player to you. "Teleport behind a player" can still be used to teleport to players.

This includes nameserver, and the OSP Chat Sanitisation to filter chat messages.

Download

Please see below two mirrors for the scriptset. Please ensure that you read the included readme, as this contains the installation instructions. The password to the RAR archive is "2BOR!2B".

PW_SCRIPTSET_PUBLIC_FINALVER.rar - IRONEUROPE.eu
PW_SCRIPTSET_PUBLIC_FINALVER.rar - MEGA.nz
PW_SCRIPTSET_PUBLIC_FINALVER_NOSANISIATION.rar - MEGA.nz

Hi! Thanks for using my scripts. That probably means you haven't set up the backend correctly. i.e: your backend doesn't have access to a proper database, the database isn't set up correctly, the backend isn't setup correctly or there is just no connection between the in-gamescripts and the backend. It's kinda hard to know what's wrong with your scripts' version without having information about what you did and how you've set up the whole thing, so I would suggest that you contact either me or Gishank if you need further help.

I think backend dont have acces to a proper database. How can ı fix it? Is there a website i can use for free ?

Well, to ensure the best gameserver-backend connection, the best way would be installing a database on the machine where the gameserver runs.

P.S: Installing a mysql database is completely free.

I tested this out for the lolz, and I found that you can't even spawn. something is bugged.

Ramaraunt said:
I tested this out for the lolz, and I found that you can't even spawn. something is bugged.

When configured correctly, the scriptset functions fine. Not being able to spawn suggests that there is an issue with the scriptset connecting to the database. Double-check everything is configured according to the readme.

Gishank said:
Ramaraunt said:

When configured correctly, the scriptset functions fine. Not being able to spawn suggests that there is an issue with the scriptset connecting to the database. Double-check everything is configured according to the readme.

I got it fixed, it was indeed an error. Wonderful scripts, many thanks!

Sorry I have a question some of you said You were Unable to spawn in the map I use USBWebserver for Localhost I did all your instructions in the readme file but I can't spawn too in the map

Alright, so these scripts may be free, but there is one problem with them. Everyone who tries them, says they are broken. You have to actually pay money to get them to work. Maybe Gishank could provide more information, so people could actually get them to work. I feel like there is something missing.

Ramaraunt said:
Alright, so these scripts may be free, but there is one problem with them. Everyone who tries them, says they are broken. You have to actually pay money to get them to work. Maybe Gishank could provide more information, so people could actually get them to work. I feel like there is something missing.

I've tested them - they seem to work as described on the tin. Probaly has to do with the way you set them up.

Captain Connner said:
Ramaraunt said:

I've tested them - they seem to work as described on the tin. Probaly has to do with the way you set them up.

There is absolutely nothing missing: as Conner stated, the scripts work. They just need to be setup correctly.
Teventa said:
Sorry I have a question some of you said You were Unable to spawn in the map I use USBWebserver for Localhost I did all your instructions in the readme file but I can't spawn too in the map

It's very hard to help you without having further details on what exactly you did and how you installed the scripts. One very file missing or a misconfigured file may prevent the scripts from working.

Thank you very much for Replying to me . I have Pictures from my work I Used USBWEBSERVER as database I 'm limited with Posting Pictures here Please Give me Your Skype ID or anything I can Contact with you

Sorry about my question I need You to help me with that .

Back
Top Bottom