SP - General Release captive nobles via dialogue

Users who are viewing this thread

Antaeus

Squire
When you have a captive noble, you can talk to them in dungeons and in your party prisoners. Most of the time all the say is "I'm not supposed to talk to you"

Now that's all good and fine if they're someone else's captive, but if they're my captive then it should be me who chooses whether they're allowed to talk. This isn't World War 2 and I'm not an intelligence agent. We're all nobles of certain status.

If I find one of my parties or fellow nobles has deposited an enemy lord in my dungeon, or if I have a captive noble in my party, should we not have access to some of the same conversations that we might otherwise have? In particular shouldn't we be able to discuss releasing that noble through the conversation, and thus get the same relationship perks as we would after a battle?

Bonus round: In the real world many great marriages were enacted by lords held captive. It would be great if we could have marriage discussions, and even the ability to trade their freedom as well.

At the moment, there really isn't any point to talking to captive nobles. It's under utilised code. Perhaps this could be improved.

When you have a captive noble, you can talk to them in dungeons and in your party prisoners. Most of the time all the say is "I'm not supposed to talk to you"

Now that's all good and fine if they're someone else's captive, but if they're my captive then it should be me who chooses whether they're allowed to talk. This isn't World War 2 and I'm not an intelligence agent. We're all nobles of certain status.

If I find one of my parties or fellow nobles has deposited an enemy lord in my dungeon, or if I have a captive noble in my party, should we not have access to some of the same conversations that we might otherwise have? In particular shouldn't we be able to discuss releasing that noble through the conversation, and thus get the same relationship perks as we would after a battle?

Bonus round: In the real world many great marriages were enacted by lords held captive. It would be great if we could have marriage discussions, and even the ability to trade their freedom as well.

At the moment, there really isn't any point to talking to captive nobles. It's under utilised code. Perhaps this could be improved.
Barter for freedom and put marriage on the table!? Love it.

Back
Top Bottom