Relationship with Lords in own kingdom broken or I am doing something extremely wrong

Users who are viewing this thread

wrt

Recruit
Hi,

Not sure if i'm posting in the correct thread or if something similar has been posted before, but here it goes.

I have started my own kingdom and started gathering lords to my side, some joined without their holdings, some(a very rare few) bringing their holdings along. So far so good. Then I started conquering cities and castles and so have the lords that I managed to persuade to join my side. After taking some settlements, all of the lords/clans except a few with Clan Tier 3, are absolutely hating me with Relationship going down to between -30 and -80 for some. I have only been granting the settlements, mostly to whatever they voted in majority with a few exceptions (also gave the little guys against the majority a castle here or there). I suspect this is the issue and it's understandable to drop some relationship with the other lords that did not receive the settlement but this is exaggerated... There have been no positive relationship increases for the clans to which I granted the settlements, only the negative for which I don't get a prompt on the screen that relationship has dropped(or increased for that matter). I checked the relationship I had with them from time to time and it was spanning around 0 to positive. After patch 1.0.6 I entered the game, checked relationship with the clans and boom....it's like I executed their leaders or something. I can't even enter any castles to boost garrisons or donate prisoners as their lords have forbidden it because they hate me. IN MY OWN KINGDOM. Worth to mention that I started my own kingdom with just 1 settlement and throughout the game I have only awarded myself with another settlement from about 10 settlements and I haven't granted myself any castles, just so I get along with the lords.

Right now, I really don't see how I can manage relations via City/Castle granting, there is no winning or redeeming, all of them will hate you eventually. I don't think this is how it's supposed to work or I am doing something really wrong. Even in warband you only dropped relationship in a reasonable amount, yes some would hate you eventually but not ALL.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for this post! I thought I was crazy. Same Problem. No positive change in relation if I give them settlements/ towns etc. I was able to increase Relationship to +17 by supporting the clan. 5 Minutes later it was at -75 and the clan left my kingdom.

Regards

Yep, I will take a break for a couple of weeks until the whole relationship shenanigans gets solved(maybe). For my current kingdom I think it's bye-bye, as I don't expect to be able to recover, even after they patch relationships, with the lords from -70/80 relationship.

Yep, I will take a break for a couple of weeks until the whole relationship shenanigans gets solved(maybe). For my current kingdom I think it's bye-bye, as I don't expect to be able to recover, even after they patch relationships, with the lords from -70/80 relationship.
Search for cheats or mods, which can change relationship if you really want to continue your current campaign and don't want to restart.
f.e. Developer Console from nexus, it says it can manipulate relationship, but I'm not sure if it helps.

I already wanted to start a new campaign or wait for some time and, boom, devs released a patch the day after, which solved my problem.
So hope they will fix this as soon as possible too.

Last edited:
If the vassal loses land he blames you for the loss for whatever reason and will lose ~50 relation with you. Giving anyone settlements or castles relation is broken atm AFAIK. Best way to keep them happy is spam influence support.

Personally I took 4 cities and some castles before recruiting vassals. Amassed tens of thousands of influence so that I could negate losing vassals. I basically just spam influence towards my vassals to keep them happy. It's also important that you are giving lands to vassals that already have lands near that land because it's easier for them to defend.If you give them a land in Khuzait territory and then one all the way to the west they will lose it because of travel time.

Quick edit: Don't recruit clans that have 1 or 2 members. They can't defend anything and never have the men to do anything. Any clans with a leader and 3 vassals are the best as they can actually create armies and numbers to defend their lands properly.

Back
Top Bottom