SP - UI Relations notification improvements

Users who are viewing this thread

guzandreix

Sergeant at Arms
I think relation notifications could be better. Hera list of suggestions:
  • Notifications sound. Its very annoying to listen the sound when relations changes by 1 and very annoying when it sounds several times because of the same cause( for example when you execute some lord). Suggestion: disable sound for this type of alert or leave it only for a large relations change.
  • Cause of relation change. Currently, there is no way to understand why relation with a lord changed, especially for a new players, who don't know some mechanics of the game. (for example, you companion staying at town causes relation increase with notables and its produces alert). Suggestion: add cause of relation increase to alert message. Example message: "Relations increased by 1. Reason: Quest completed" or "Relations decreased by 40. Reason: Family member executed"
  • Aggregation of notifications caused by a single event. Some events, like execution of a lord or raid of a village, creates a lot of notification and its looks very strange. Suggestion: this type of events should create single notification.
  • Overall look of notification. Maybe its just me, but its a bit difficult to understand what relation change happen: is it decreased or increased(words looks very similar in English), and what is new value of relation, especially when notification happens few times in a row. Also, its very difficult to distinguish notification of relation change and criminal rating change. Suggestion: i think color coding, icons(type of changes: relations, criminal rating ...) and different structure of text in notification could help.
I know, that some of this could be difficult difficult to implement, but i hope atleast some of this is useful.
With all of this suggestions i think notification should look like this (i know its look horrible, but you can get an idea):
image-link

I think relation notifications could be better. Hera list of suggestions:
  • Notifications sound. Its very annoying to listen the sound when relations changes by 1 and very annoying when it sounds several times because of the same cause( for example when you execute some lord). Suggestion: disable sound for this type of alert or leave it only for a large relations change.
  • Cause of relation change. Currently, there is no way to understand why relation with a lord changed, especially for a new players, who don't know some mechanics of the game. (for example, you companion staying at town causes relation increase with notables and its produces alert). Suggestion: add cause of relation increase to alert message. Example message: "Relations increased by 1. Reason: Quest completed" or "Relations decreased by 40. Reason: Family member executed"
  • Aggregation of notifications caused by a single event. Some events, like execution of a lord or raid of a village, creates a lot of notification and its looks very strange. Suggestion: this type of events should create single notification.
  • Overall look of notification. Maybe its just me, but its a bit difficult to understand what relation change happen: is it decreased or increased(words looks very similar in English), and what is new value of relation, especially when notification happens few times in a row. Also, its very difficult to distinguish notification of relation change and criminal rating change. Suggestion: i think color coding, icons(type of changes: relations, criminal rating ...) and different structure of text in notification could help.
I know, that some of this could be difficult difficult to implement, but i hope atleast some of this is useful.
With all of this suggestions i think notification should look like this (i know its look horrible, but you can get an idea):
image-link
Should also be logged in a subsection of the NPCs encyclopaedia page (I.E. on winter 1066, you released NPC after defeating them in battle. Relations increased by X to Y.

Back
Top Bottom