Native OSP Sounds REL: Warrider Soundpack v1.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Arbalest

Recruit
(my English sucks)

Hello all,

I've completed the sound mod for M&B after two months of work.
This mod replaces whole sound FXs and increases the variety of sounds.
I hope you like it :grin:

You can download it from "the Mount&Blade Unofficial File Repository". Thank you Janus!

New version (.750 to .751):
https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=10&id=182

Old version (.730 to .731):
https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=10&id=126

Old version (.704 to .711):
https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=10&id=54
File size: 3.26MB

---------------------------------------------------------------
from readme:

- This mod replaces almost all original M&B sounds actually used in game with new one.
- The battle noises become much louder and clearer.
(horse steps, sword clanging, blood splattering...etc)
- Edited sound_samples1.txt included. Some events get more sound variety.

example:
damage effects (low/high/armor): 1/2/1 --> 5/4/3
screams (man/woman): 8/4 --> 16/13
footsteps, weapon swings: 1 --> 3
total # of sound files: 55 --> 91

- My aim was to create a sense of bloody combats, like in "Braveheart" or "Gladiator".
- All sounds are 44100khz 16bit Mono.
- Only tested with M&B v0.704
- Compatible with other mods (except sound mods)
---------------------------------------------------------------

*For further details please see the readme.txt included.

Just because I'm such a nice guy, here are the soundpack files zipped into a RAR file for the oddballs that want to do it that way. :razz:
Anyone who has trouble figuring out how to use this should be using the installer instead, so no questions on how to set it up or they'll go unanswered by me.

updated with Cloppete's new version -Janus
updated with rar upload link by Janus -Earendil

Last edited by a moderator:
pretty nice! only thing I dont like to much is the arrow swooshing sound and maybe the bow plucking. I like everything else tho! ;o

Unbelievably nice soundpack, just like it should be! I may have found a bug though, it sounds like the arena fighter sounded like a woman, dunno for sure, but ooh very nice :cool:

arbalest - this is a truly fantastic mod. Just loaded it up on the 100years war mod and it sounds gorgeous! Well done indeed. I especially like the chain clinking when you walk and run and also when you are galloping around on the horse!!

Excellent indeed!! thanks!!

EDIT: And also the crisp quality is excellent too!!

all i can say is AMAZING! it truely makes M&B come to life. Brilliant work. I was expically pleased as it worked so brilliantly on my surround sound :grin:

Keeper said:
dablade said:
I think i heard a guy screaming with a woman's voice too,

but i couldn't tell for sure.
Maybe its a new war cry. :grin:
Yep, maybe a gay warcry, lol.

Seriously, this sound pack is an awesome addition to the game, and if something should be corrected, we must tell Arbalest about it. :wink:

I like the new sounds.
Comments:
1. there is a womans voice from a man when killed.
2. one sound that i like is the gurgling death...but it is too long, you can hear it when you have passed for quite a ways.

Other than that I like.

Thanks for the nice comments!! :grin:

1. there is a womans voice from a man when killed.

I may have found a bug though, it sounds like the arena fighter sounded like a woman,

"the woman's voice from a falling man" you guys are talking is a scream like this?
http://dod.xrea.jp/download/man_fall_8.wav
http://dod.xrea.jp/download/man_hit_8.wav
If so, these are actually male voices :grin:
I should change them on the next ver anyway.

Or.. Janus's Arena expansion mod adds many female fighters named "Fighter Woman" to the arena.
They look very similar to male arena fighters (same armors, same helmets, same weapons).
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but the fighter you thought male wasn't "Fighter Woman"?

If both are wrong, I don't know why that occurs...
I've been playing M&B for a few weeks with this mod and haven't encountered such problems.
I'm checking sound_samples1.txt now but can't found any error yet.

It may be some OGGs are not properly played in certain PC.
Please try to disable "frequency_variation" from M&B configuration (default is on).

1. Launch M&B
2. From the main menu, select "Configuration"
3. Search "disable_frequency_variation"

example:

########################
## The following turns off frequency variation.
## Change it to 1 some sounds come too coarse or too high-pitched.

disable_frequency_variation = 0

4. Set 0 to 1 and save it.
5. Close txt file, then play M&B

I hope this fix problems.

1 thing, is the sound quality the same as the vanilla sounds? They sound a little worse.

Basically, sound formats are a bit better than vanilla sounds.
But some sounds may have gotten unnecessary noises and distortions due to my limited skill.
I'll try to fix them.

only thing I dont like to much is the arrow swooshing sound and maybe the bow plucking.

2. one sound that i like is the gurgling death...but it is too long, you can hear it when you have passed for quite a ways.

I'll try to fix them too.

The mod is awesome. :grin: Makes gaming more interesting and makes even small 7 vs 7 battles feel like 25 vs 25 battles. :razz: Good job.

Great mod, really kicks the atmosphere up. Two things I don't like are:
1) bow sound. It's too...fantasy like...I would make it more simple, like in the vanilla MaB...crossbow is very good :smile:
2) Swords clanging. Man, that's soooo unreal. Two hander against two hander and maybe some other sound like you recorded two pots hitting each other. It's too deep, too low, really like pots. I don't know if you ever heard swords hitting, but the sound is really nice, high, like bells ringing....to complete this awesome mod, get some medieval swordsmen (I bet there are some in your area :wink: I know there are many in mine.) and record them fighting.

edit: played a bit more:

that th sword sound is just one, maybe two, the others are ok I think :smile:

There are some very good sounds here (especially the screams), but at least the arrow hit ground and horse rearing sounds could be redone. I find myself unable to decribe just what exactly is wrong with them, but they just don't sound right. Maybe someone more articulate can help me out.

another thing I noticed. Sword thrust shouldn't make that "whooosh" noise. :smile: it really doesn't...:wink:

One thing I like very much is "sword or something hitting a shield" sound. I vanilla it was like somebody kicking the door, now it's brilliant. Like stolen from 13th warrior movie. The shield fight I mean :wink:

edit: just passed an archer duel. Ehm...that arrow hit sound...dzzzzinggggg and the blood spurt...isn't that a bit too much? :grin:D

Back
Top Bottom