Native OSP Sounds REL: Warrider Soundpack v1.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Ok, I confirmed the problem, it's with the way the link was made in Add/Remove Programs. It was working for me since I was just running the uninstaller directly from the Mount&Blade directory.
Updated the installer with the fix.
https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=10&id=126

To uninstall the other release, you can either browse to your M&B directory and run Uninstall_Soundpack.exe or download the new copy, install it, and then uninstall through Add/Remove Programs.

It doesn't replace music..
However, there is a mod that changes music.. Kings and Kingdoms, or something..
Though I still prefer to listen to my mp3..

This thread must be sticked. This mod is a need to play M&B, actually. The vailla sounds are just too poor. It's in time to Armagan gives a revamp in this area. We need weather sounds, war cries, for gods sake! The vanilla sounds make a heat battle sounds like a pic nic.

Yeah, don't install the current release on .750, since the format of sounds.txt has changed. You'd probably end up getting an error trying to start M&B.

I'm not even sure about the need for updating it, as there are updated sounds in vanilla. If somebody wants to make a "best of" mix of sound effects between the two, feel free. I can assist. I'm just not up for going through sound-by-sound myself and picking out which is better, etc.

The new sounds are terrible. Worse than the old. I'm seriously unhappy with this patch overall. They're just ridiculous and over the top fantasy sound effects(the voices especially are just shamefull).

That said, I'll be doing my own sounds for modding recorded from the actual events portrayed. As you can guess, the sounds are completely different from what's in game now.

I like the new sounds, but the sounds from the original versions are still terrible :sad: I'd like a mix of Warrider and Vanilla

I wouldn't have minded them really, but the voice acting makes it unbearable. The 'accents' alone are so false and racist it's offensive. NO ONE speaks like that. I've seen better voice acting in an elementary school play. Seriously.

None of us live in Caladaria either :smile:
I too would enjoy the blend of vanila and warrider sounds. Good thing they are modable so I think we can all expect quality stuff down the pipe.

Colt said:
I wouldn't have minded them really, but the voice acting makes it unbearable. The 'accents' alone are so false and racist it's offensive. NO ONE speaks like that. I've seen better voice acting in an elementary school play. Seriously.

You should throw comments like that into my vocals feedback section. Helps me identify what i should work on in the future. Thanks.
The accents were not intended to be racist in any way... I dont even know what race your refering to since there is no race in the game.

I currently have rejenorst's sound pack installed and it's great but only for voices, since I liked a lot warrider's for weopon's sounds is there a way simple like the one for mods to adapt this mod to the new version, at least the weapons sounds?

Can somebody tell me how to convert the soundpack to 7.50?
I really need the new sounds, no offense to armagan, but the default sound is pretty bad to say the least.

Back
Top Bottom