Native OSP Sounds REL: Warrider Soundpack v1.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Yes, you CAN install it on .750. The reason not to: it will overwrite your Native sounds.txt, which will prevent the game from starting on Native. Though, you could backup and restore the file.
Furthermore, many (perhaps most) of the new sounds will go unused without a properly updated sounds.txt to point to them.

snd_sword_hit_low_armor_low_damage 2336 1 70<-- can someone explain the meaning of these numbers?
I managed to change some sounds by overwriting the .occ but most of them are still unused so if i'm to change the .txt i think those numbers are the key.

Tell you what, if anyone is interested enough to go through and update module_sounds.py to incorporate all of the sound pack's files (all 91 of them), let me know and I'll provide you the info needed to do it. It will be a decent little bit of drudge work to get it done. I just don't have time myself.
If someone does that, I'll compile another version crediting you for the brunt of the work (which is what you'll be doing).

Janus -

If no one else has voluntered to do this then I will do it.

I can do it tonight when I get home from work.

Just let me know what I need to do and I will take care of it.

I don't care about credit, all I want is the cool sounds. 

- Livonya

I already have a new sound pack mostly done for the next beta of 1066. I just need to beat my wife to get the woman hit sounds. The sounds are all recorded directly from the real world event. If you hear a sword hit a shield in the game you're hearing a recording of me hitting a shield with a sword in real life.

Cloppete has volunteered and I've sent the info to him. If for some reason that doesn't work out, I'll let you know.

Colt said:
I already have a new sound pack mostly done for the next beta of 1066. I just need to beat my wife to get the woman hit sounds. The sounds are all recorded directly from the real world event. If you hear a sword hit a shield in the game you're hearing a recording of me hitting a shield with a sword in real life.
:lol: I truly hope that was a joke. :razz:

Hey, there's 16 male hit/fall sounds and only 13 female hit/fall sounds. She's got it easy.

Oy, what we'll do for realism...

Ok, Cloppete sent me the updated file, and I made the installer.

Here is v1.2 by Cloppete, for M&B .750/.751:
https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=10&id=182

Note from Cloppete: the horse and men footstep/gallop/whinnie sounds will be unchanged since .751 provides very good ones by default.

This one installs exactly the same as the last version. It is a bit smaller since some older sounds weren't included (as indicated above).

Nairagorn said:
Any chance of putting up a regular zip? The installer's cool, but I like to move the files myself. Old fashioned I guess :razz:
Just because I'm such a nice guy, here are the soundpack files zipped into a RAR file for the oddballs that want to do it that way. :razz:
https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=4&id=185
Anyone who has trouble figuring out how to use this should be using the installer instead, so no questions on how to set it up or they'll go unanswered by me.

When I did the sword swing sounds for 1066 it was rather interesting just how hard it was to get any sound out of it at all. I've got it in in a rather faint fashion but it is there if you listen for it.

They probably ran into the same problem I did as far as hissing and stuff though. The M&B engine for some reason plays all sounds at something like 20% of their normal volume. Even with Sound Effects turned up to 100%. I don't understand why they did that but just to get my sounds audible I had to increase them up to 10x their normal volume. Playing the sound file outside of the game it will hurt your ears. Play it in the game and you'll barely hear it at all.

I can't seem to get any sound out of the horses' hooves at all. It's so faint, and I've got my effects sound turned all the way up, music is all the way down too.

Is anyone else having this problem?

I like the sounds, but since the horse sounds arent the same volume, they are very quiet in game. :sad: Can anyone change it so the horse sounds are same volume, I have no idea how to do this.

If you have a program that can edit audio files (Audacity is a nice free bit of audio software), you can amplify the volume of the file.

You could also edit the sounds.txt file to change the volume of specific sounds, but I don't recall offhand what values you would need to add.

Thanks, do you know how much exactly to increase the sound? Or if anyone else could tell me what values I need to input for the horse sounds.

how do you install this on a mod other then native.. do you target the module folder instead of native or just keep it on native??

Back
Top Bottom