Native OSP Sounds REL: Warrider Soundpack v1.2

Users who are viewing this thread

I've got his e-mail address, so I'll just e-mail him to check on it. He might want to come back and do an update, or at the least I'll get his permission to have somebody update it for .731.

I'm not even sure how that will work with the now completely modularized sound definition file (sounds.txt), other than only making it work for Native or including it with each mod. Hmm, bit of a dilemma.
The reason being he had new sound files defined as variations of certain ones, which would require modification to the sounds.txt file (previously to "M&B\Data\sound_samples1.txt").

I made it work with native just fine and other mods should be no problem at all. You just have to put the sound_sample1.txt + all the warrider sounds into the Sound folder in the modules.

Or if you dont use the firearm... just install it normally.

I have already added it in, however, do you mind me using it in my mod now the sound can be self contained in modules?

Erm.
It works great for me... And the installer I've been using is from after a few days when the original soundpack came out >_>
Firearm sounds is still there.. All is as it should be as far as I can tell.
First thing I did after I downloaded the patch and relised *Snap these aren't the good sounds* I jumped out, installed it, jumped in and continued murdering counts and kings with the Firearm.
>_>

I just checked the Firearm sound again, works fine.

Yeah, after checking how it works it seems that installing the pack shouldn't cause any problems after all. The only down side is that some of his new sound variations won't be used since they need to be defined in the mod's sounds.txt file to be recognized.

Janus said:
The only down side is that some of his new sound variations won't be used since they need to be defined in the mod's sounds.txt file to be recognized.

I've updated the module_sounds.py and sounds.txt to use the soundpack's sound variations here.

Anyone who is interested in incorporating these into a new installer, please feel free to do so.

Personally I like the original sounds better, but mod-makers might find some of the sounds in there useful.

Fisheye: Cool, I'll check that out.

I still haven't heard back from him on whether he wants to update it or give permission. If I haven't heard back from him in a few days, I'll probably go ahead and make an updated installer for it with Fisheye's modified files.
There are a few sounds in the pack I don't like. Foremost is the arrow sound. I might make some of my own changes to the pack such as removing that one if I do update it.

dirtbag said:
when i download i cant click the "install" button. wierd. i have .731
This is a quirk in the way he did his installer apparently; the install path has to include "Mount&Blade". You can temporarily change the folder name to install it.

dirtbag said:
Janus said:
dirtbag said:
when i download i cant click the "install" button. wierd. i have .731
This is a quirk in the way he did his installer apparently; the install path has to include "Mount&Blade". You can temporarily change the folder name to install it.
Janus: IT DOES!! :???:
Hmm, not sure then. Must be another quirk with his version of the installer, something else it looks for in the path. You're sure the exact text "Mount&Blade" is in your install path?
If I get a chance to remake it for .731, this requirement will be removed.

hmmm... i dont really know ive done everything you have said but nothing worked... but anyway, if you make a 731 compitable version it would be really nice. :grin:

Yeah, actually just heard back from him earlier today, but hadn't posted here yet. Quoted from his response:
> or at least granting permission for someone else to try and
> update it for the latest version.

Yes of course. I know I should do that by myself, but I couldn't
understand new module system yet. And my personal project (related to
my job in real life) seems never completed. So If someone kindly update
sound pack and make compatible with new M&B instead of me, I'll
very thank him/her. And please feel free to use all/part of my
files into any projects. I don't mind at all.
I'll try to set aside a bit of time before the end of this weekend to get this thing updated.
I'll have it do the usual backup and overwrite of the core sounds, and default to changing Native to use the extra sounds.

Okay, I've gotten the pack updated using Fisheye's updated files.
No changes were made to any sounds. It will install all sounds to the core Sounds folder after backing up the original sounds, and update the Native module to use all of the new sounds.
The edited module_sounds.py file is dropped out in the root M&B folder.

If you later decide you want to remove it, it can be uninstalled as usual via Add/Remove Programs. All original sounds and the original Native sounds.txt will be restored.

Anyway, here it is:
https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=10&id=126

Could a moderator update the first post to add the new link? I suppose I could just start a new thread, but I'd rather leave it in Arbalest's thread since it's his work.

Janus said:
Okay, I've gotten the pack updated using Fisheye's updated files.
No changes were made to any sounds. It will install all sounds to the core Sounds folder after backing up the original sounds, and update the Native module to use all of the new sounds.
The edited module_sounds.py file is dropped out in the root M&B folder.

If you later decide you want to remove it, it can be uninstalled as usual via Add/Remove Programs. All original sounds and the original Native sounds.txt will be restored.

Anyway, here it is:
https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=10&id=126

Could a moderator update the first post to add the new link? I suppose I could just start a new thread, but I'd rather leave it in Arbalest's thread since it's his work.
Hmm, so it only works with Native?
What do I have to do to make it work with mods? Without screwing the crowd sounds from Arena Expansion, of course..

Dorian said:
Hmm, so it only works with Native?
What do I have to do to make it work with mods? Without screwing the crowd sounds from Arena Expansion, of course..
It changes the core sounds so other mods will use the new ones, but they will not play the entire variety of new sounds that Native will. For instance, Native might play from one of four different man dying sounds where other mods would only pick from the first two.

Cabezone said:
The uninstall didn't work for me, I had to remove the files manually.
That's with the new installation, or the old one? I tested the uninstall on this new one before uploading it and it worked for me.
EDIT: just tested uninstall again, worked fine.

Uninstall didn't work for me either, with the v1.1 installer. Just said there'd been an error and it might already have been uninstalled, only options were to cancel or remove it from the add/remove programs menu (ie so you can't uninstall again).

For reference I use WinXP Pro SP2. Hadn't installed any previous version.

Crusader said:
Uninstall didn't work for me either, with the v1.1 installer. Just said there'd been an error and it might already have been uninstalled, only options were to cancel or remove it from the add/remove programs menu (ie so you can't uninstall again).

For reference I use WinXP Pro SP2. Hadn't installed any previous version.
Strange, it's still working here... I'll have to see if I can't test it on another computer and find out what the deal is. Just to be sure, you're running M&B .730 or .731, right?

Back
Top Bottom