Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Flesson19

Not a Cookie
Knight
I am putting this is the bug reports area as there is no other way for me to get Taleworlds to acknowledge the issue. When you changed the reinforcement system so it didnt spawn them constantly to cause pausing it created a huge issue. I can outnumber the AI, they will get reinforcements first and I had a siege today that was my 890 vs their 800. I was down to 160 troops and they had 400 and got reinforcements first and I didnt get any till I was down under 150. This drastically changes battles and this system NEEDS to get fixed. Even though we have 1000 battle size, battles never get to that number after a battle starts. Your lucky to have around 500-700 on the field of battle at any one time. While technically not a bug it is a mechanic that I considered bugged and needs addressing soon. It is totally unfair to the player and the AI get a huge advantage over us. This also leads into the AI falling far back in battles that we have to go so far to them that their reinforcements spawn behind us which is issue #2. Those 2 together make the system broke to bad and make gameplay terrible. A dev needs to look at this and re do this system as it is by far one of the worst mechanics in the game,

When you changed the reinforcement system
What do you mean by this? The default reinforcement setting is wave based and the troops will be sent to the battlefield when each side lost a portion of their soldiers.
Was the battles you were having this issue siege battles? And were you attacker on those battles? There is an advantage for defenders on siege battles.

Last edited:
What do you mean by this? The default reinforcement setting is wave based and the troops will be sent to the battlefield when each side lost a portion of their soldiers.
Was the battles you were having this issue siege battles? And were you attacker on those battles? There is an advantage for defenders on siege battles.
it was a siege, but also regular battles. The AI always get more and get theirs first. Are you saying its normal for the Ai to have 400 troops and I have 150 and they get reinforcements first and I so they have 500 and then I get 110 so then its 500 vs 260 when I still have over 300 troops waiting to enter. That isnt an advantage, its a unfair advantage. That is what it deals with, not the options, but how they get reinforcements first in sieges or campaign map battles first. Why have 1,000 battle size when after the battle starts we never get to 1,000 ever again, lucky if it hits 500-600 total for the rest of the fight. I get why you changed it as constant reinforcements caused stuttering issues but this is ridiculous. They get more troops and first, and we never get near 1,000 troops on the battle field after the battle starts.

Thank you. Forwarding to QA for further testing.
I got the battle on a livestream and went back and looked. They started the battle with 700 and I got 300 even though I had 960 and they had 900 total. That is the issue, that is way too big an advantage in siege defenses, especially when I outnumber them

I've been informed that this bug is fixed and the fix will be sent to the game with future patches. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
but what exactly is fixed? more reinforcements to get to 1000 battle size to making it fair giving more, quicker and not getting down to 500 or less troops total before. A little more info would be nice

I've been informed that this bug is fixed and the fix will be sent to the game with future patches. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
ok we are almost 5 months since you said it would be in future patches and still not fixed so why it is "resolved"? You could just say will be fixed in future patches for anything, this is NOT resolved and nothing has been done. Enemy reinforcements spawn behind us, and in a 1000 battle size you can get down to 200 vs 200 before we get any troops. This is not resolved or fixed.

The related ticket with this issue has been fixed and has already been pushed to the game. Is this issue still persisting on 1.2.9?
Just tested 1.2.9, didnt get any reinforcements till there were less than 600 troops on the battlefield which is problem 1, also when enemy reinforcements popped in, they were behind me flanking me, so them spawning very slow and in a bad position are 2 issues since no one said what one of the 2 problems was going to be fixed. I made 2 issues but I have no clue which one or both are being worked on

Just tested 1.2.9, didnt get any reinforcements till there were less than 600 troops on the battlefield which is problem 1, also when enemy reinforcements popped in, they were behind me flanking me, so them spawning very slow and in a bad position are 2 issues since no one said what one of the 2 problems was going to be fixed. I made 2 issues but I have no clue which one or both are being worked on

Agree.

Their system works for sieges, kinda, new attacks start outside the walls and need to retake gatehouse / walls again. Defenders start at the back and need to move (short distance) to gatehouse or walls. But the system does NOT work for battlefields, armies move around and reinforcements start at the FIXED point, not related to current location of armies.

Back
Top Bottom