Regarding the Advanced Troops

Users who are viewing this thread

kevindrosario

Knight at Arms
How exactly does this work? From what I can gather, any troops at level 30+ will reduce party size by 1. So essentially, troops at level 30+ count for 2 party slots. Is this how it works? And is there any way to counteract that besides simply increasing your party size more?

Edit: Oh, and if there's no way to counteract it, how do you guys deal with it? I'm playing with a Swadian army, and it seems like a better idea for me to have Swadian Men At Arms as opposed to half as many Swadian Knights. Should I just not ugprade past Men At Arms? Thanks for your input.

Yes, sometimes it's better to not upgrade your troops, when you're on the edge. On the other side, when I played with an infantry army, my max party size was about 100 before I got the lads. Then I got Nord recruits and leveled them up to Nord Paladins together with some Sword Women and Vaegir archers. I had an army of 85, about 60 top-tier op infantry that cuts through everything and some 25 archers to keep them covered. Also, Nords and Sword Women both have quite OP throwing weapons that can kill a man from 50-75 meters if you have a lot of them. Then I also got some Swadian infantry (I always play with infantry) and upgraded them to max tier and I was quite disappointed - they were breadcrumbs compared to the Nords. Also, if you complete the storyline and get all the gems, scrolls etc, your party size will be 100+ no matter of your troops. At level 30 with maybe 11 leadership (much of it thanks to storyline items) I had an army of 139, 130 of them with a level of 30+ and nine companions.

Long story short: Get Nords (or Vaegirs if you want archers). You don't need a lot of cav, if you and your companions all mount a horse you can have a sizeable strike force. The top-tier infantry can defeat even the heavy dark cavalry. Tell them to stand together and you will have a clusterf*** no dark knights can get past.

Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure if I understood you correctly, but are you saying that high level infantry have less of a reduction on party size than high level cavalry?

Usually, yes. Also that from what I have noted, Nord and Vaegir infantry are quite op while taking two slots at max and they can defeat anything.

vaegir marksmen(or whatever their called, i mean the highest tier anyway)
Are so powerful that on a flat area they can assimilate any force(200 battlesize, 60 vaegir marksmen)
I was wiping out the dark knights like it was nothing, and even a supposedly hard fight(Hell) got done in 2 minutes.
Highest tier troos are really overpowered(didn't check anything besides vaegirs and nords though)

Yeah, I did notice that there is a massive jump in stats between Swadian Men at Arms and Swadian Knights. 3 power strike to 7 power strike, along with some other stat increases, much better weapon skills, and better armor. So I just started upgrading them and disbanding militia and footmen when necessary.

Back
Top Bottom