Regarding Sieges

Users who are viewing this thread

Naroghin

Regular
I have grown weary of the typical belfry and siege ladder borne tactics in every castle and city.  When I was playing around in my castle after revamping the whole thing, I found that portcullises and gates are destructible along with siege ladders and belfries.  This led me to wonder if sieges could start in front of the front gate, with the siegers battering down the doors to get inside.  I know I can redesign the castles to better support the tactics this leads to, and I can change the entry points so that everyone comes in at the right points, but I'm not sure if the siegers will attack the gates to get through or if they will just run around to where the siege ladders used to be.

Ideas or suggestions?  Is this even possible?

My first idea was to just use the portcullis, hoping the siegers would try to shoot through it with their fire arrows, breaking it down instead.  Haven't quite tested this yet but I will once I get the chance.  I'll be leaving for a few days with no Fire Arrow, so if anyone feels a sudden urge to try this out let me know how it goes.

Thanks for sharing this with us!
I'm not sure (as I'm not the programmer) but I guess that this changes a whole lot in sieges and thus would require loads of scripting to be done, it's not something we'll throw away though. Mee and rucchi will talk about this at a later time :wink:
Thanks again

Naroghin said:
I have grown weary of the typical belfry and siege ladder borne tactics in every castle and city.  When I was playing around in my castle after revamping the whole thing, I found that portcullises and gates are destructible along with siege ladders and belfries.  This led me to wonder if sieges could start in front of the front gate, with the siegers battering down the doors to get inside.  I know I can redesign the castles to better support the tactics this leads to, and I can change the entry points so that everyone comes in at the right points, but I'm not sure if the siegers will attack the gates to get through or if they will just run around to where the siege ladders used to be.

Ideas or suggestions?  Is this even possible?

My first idea was to just use the portcullis, hoping the siegers would try to shoot through it with their fire arrows, breaking it down instead.  Haven't quite tested this yet but I will once I get the chance.  I'll be leaving for a few days with no Fire Arrow, so if anyone feels a sudden urge to try this out let me know how it goes.

Is this even possible? No, It is impossible to me. I cannot say because of that. (I am not good at english.)

I figured it was much mroe complex than switching a few things around and pressing "go."  However, thanks for reading my idea and taking it into consideration.

Back
Top Bottom