Resolved Regarding Issues with Windows 10 - can't change rgl_config

Users who are viewing this thread

Metteia

Recruit
Aight, after reinstalling Windows on my PC, M&B stopped worked. Same machine, no hardware changes.
Quite a problem, many people faced it, i know. I tried everything listed on web, and nothing helped. Including getting M&B version from TW site and so on.
Then i found out that after every reinstall of Warband, folder which supposed to have rgl_config (the one in AppData\Roaming) was ALWAYS empty. So i downloaded a new one, placed it there, and it now works!

AND while i can play the game now, i still can't change this file. Despite that it's not listed as "Read-only", every attempt to change settings in launcher or in-game leads to crash with no errors. And rgl-config just remains unchanged. It seems like OneDrive messed up something with writing rights there. I deleted OneDrive but no changes - the moment i remove Rgl_Config file, M&B just can't create a new one. And also i can't remove a check box "Read-only" from the M&B folder - it's just keep coming back.

Any ideas what i can do with it? I already changed some stuff there, like resolution and shadows, but it's just not optimal

Second! I can play like normal before until I accidentally upgraded my OS to Windows 11, then it just doesn't work anymore even after being downgraded to Windows 10 and reinstalling both the OS and every driver.
Turns out my AppData Warband folder is empty as well, so I download rgl_config from MBrepository and now I can get the launcher up and running, but touching even a single setting on Configure page and it CTD again! Please help!

Second! I can play like normal before until I accidentally upgraded my OS to Windows 11, then it just doesn't work anymore even after being downgraded to Windows 10 and reinstalling both the OS and every driver.
Turns out my AppData Warband folder is empty as well, so I download rgl_config from MBrepository and now I can get the launcher up and running, but touching even a single setting on Configure page and it CTD again! Please help!
Hey man!
I actually fixed it, even without reinstalling windows.
So first thing - Delete OneDrive. Your "My documents" folder will remain messed up, SO you will need to make a new user. Give your new account admin rights. Then log in there, and try to launch M&B. Since now nothing is trying to mess with newly created personal folders in appData, M&B will just create there all files it needs, and you ready to go. Maybe you will want to reinstall M&B, but it worked for me as it is.

Back
Top Bottom