Regarding Freelancer add-on and assigned unit type

Users who are viewing this thread

Harkon Haakonson

I am woman, hear me roar!
Marquis
Hey all, first post of mine in this mod's forum. So far I'm really enjoying the atmosphere of the mod, started playing some hours ago and I decided to see how it is playing as a soldier making of use of the Freelancer add-on, and here's the thing;

The thing I want the most is to play as infantry, fighting on foot with dozens of other men-at-arms. However, it seems to me that when I enlist in a lord's army, I'm always assigned as cavalry. Is there anyway I can control this when joining any lord, or any specific nation (european only please) that will recruit me as an infantryman?

Thanks for your time!

When joining up the lords would ask you, what are you. And you can reply: peasent, townsman or noble. Ussualy peaents and townsman are infantry or range troops, while the nobility are mounted.

Extremely fast response, cheers Drunkard Tomas, as I wanted to jump back in game as soon as possible!

Ahhh, thanks a lot, that definitely makes sense! I was silly and I thought those questions were just for fun / immersion or whatever and always selected "smelly noble". :razz:

PS, you should come by Vikingr sometime chap, I recall seeing your presence in the forums quite a bit.

Is it likely that the freelancer ranking system will be changed in the future for historical accuracy? (ie. noble has to bring his own equipment, ranking up and getting new equipment happens after major battles instead of time spend in the army, etc.)

Back
Top Bottom