SP Fantasy Redwall Mod

Which scene should I start working on next?

• Marshank Fort

Votes: 72 53.7%
  • The Farm by River Moss

Votes: 41 30.6%
  • Noonvale

Votes: 17 12.7%
  • Other (post)

Votes: 4 3.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I gave it a bit of shadow before, but I guess it could be a bit darker (and less shadow on the buckle itself)

abbey_fighter_closeup-1.jpg
I like working large, so I'll probably finish the textures and then resize them so that I can fit more on the texture sheet.

Thanks for the constructive criticism. Feel free to drop by any time and tell me how I''m doing.

Looks better but still about the sofa thing. You could use like making the base color to bottom and then have another layer and put the picture and change opasity. Would look múch better IMO.

You know, I'm kind of happy with how the quilted gorget looks. I might overlay a cloth texture later but for now, I think its pretty good. Thanks for the suggestions though.

No release date, but I do have three Abbey armors for you.

AbbeyTroops.jpg

I am fiercely proud of the final one. Please let me know what you think:

AbbeyDefender.jpg

(Also, the names are still undecided. What do you think of "Abbey Militia/Defender/Blademouse?")

Once I get normal maps made for them, I'll post some in-game pictures.

Well, the only bits of exposed skin are the legs (almost hidden) and the arms. It wouldn't be too hard to cover those up with cloth or something. If it weren't for tails, it wouldn't be too hard to make it suit any of the smaller races.
The tails do make it difficult for multiple troops to use the same outfit though.

If we're talking about just making duplicates of the armor with small changes to the fur and tail, then it could easily be usable by moles or squirrels too.

For some of the the species tails problem couldn't you just start the tails under the tunic and make it come out of the bottom of the armor, just under the belt in the back.
You might have to re-model the tails a tad ,but it would make the armor open for more use.

Would the armors also be able to be used by say .. a shrew or fox?

I forgot to make the armors tail-friendly. I'll probably go back and lengthen the slit at the back to accommodate tails better.

Shrews are too small to use this armor, and it doesn't really suit them since shrews rarely live in Redwall. Foxes are too big, not to mention being vermin, so they wouldn't wear Redwall armor either. Technically, however, I suppose I could resize them to fit either one.

Eventually, we're going to have to find someone who can re-rig these, because tails don't look good autorigged and I don't have the software to make it happen myself.

Abbey Archer: (still a wip)

Abbeyarcher.jpg

Do you like the direction I'm going with these?
Suggestions for better colors? If the item limit doesn't become an issue, I can easily make several variations of some of these.

Just awesome and the colors are good, maybe the same armor with a little green on it would be good.

And one question, I was wondering that what animals is there going to be? Im sure that there is rat but anything else?

Funny you should mention that, I was just experimenting with green.

Abbeyarchergreen.jpg

I like that look as well. It can't hurt to include both for the moment.

Ok, we've mentioned this before but lets see if I can remember all the races again without searching through the posts...
Goodbeasts:

shrew
mouse
mole
hedgehog
squirrel
hare
otter
badger

Vermin:

tree rat
rat
weasel
ferret
stoat
fox
wildcat
lizard

Others that might make it:
pine marten
ermine
wolverine
toad
sparrows
bats

I'm afraid that since we have more creatures than we have race slots, some animals are going to have to share the same skeleton and use helmet-head meshes.

Do you think there is any chance of seeing Osprey anyware??
.. even if they are used srictly for quests...... (no playable osprey)

idea's..

you could use Osprey for quests......?

Concept art for a weasel assassin. Possibly from the Juska tribe (if tattoos were added)

weaselassassin.jpg

I might move on to working on the Juska tribe once I'm done with Abbey mice. I imagine I should read Taggerung first, though...

I just finished reading Rackety Tam. Conclusion:
Awful book! Wow. It was just a record of a series of slaughters by "goodbeasts." There was no point when the vermin looked like they ever had even a ghost of a chance. My goodness. If I expected more from Brian Jaques, I would be disappointed. It sure was full of "racist" behavior on the part of the Long Patrol though. Those guys are vicious!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom