Reduce the noble line troops

Do you want TW to make it harder to find the elite troops? (fians,cataphracts)

• Yes

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • No

Votes: 21 58.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

No point in making elite units rare if they're ****ing useless
Cavalry gets an average of 0 kills when fighting infantry because the cav AI misses every swing and rides past them, + heavy cav dies in 2 hits

I never felt the need to protect my cavalry (because its too easy to replace them) but i guess different experience for everyone.

No point in making elite units rare if they're ****ing useless
Cavalry gets an average of 0 kills when fighting infantry because the cav AI misses every swing and rides past them, + heavy cav dies in 2 hits
I agree but my point is that you will never feel the need to update the normal troops into cavalry because you can just take the "better" cavalry units just as easy if not easier.

I agree but my point is that you will never feel the need to update the normal troops into cavalry because you can just take the "better" cavalry units just as easy if not easier.
Yes, and that will always be so; if you give us the choice then we are virtually always going to choose the better toy. The problem with the old and more restrictive system was that the problems/imbalences it created were worse than the benefits it provided.

The cure is worse than the illness.

I like them more restricted, so when u meet them in battle they are a added challenge. No it seems half of calradia is noble.
I find it weird that you can recruit them in villages without owning the village, would the noble sons not have allegiance to their overlord? As I suggested in the suggestion forum, I would like to see a small partition in the garrison of castles that automatically slowly fills up, that way only the owner of the castle can recruit them, they help defend the castle, this will give you a reason to acquire a castle and this will simulate the sending of high born children to the castle to get an education and martial training. You could even tie this in with curtain building projects.

The amount of elite recruits in castle villages should be halved.

I think a lot of the people who voted "no" mistakenly assumed there's no such thing as a halfway point and that the game can only be "super hard to get noble recruits" or "super easy to get noble recruits"

There is no reason for the Vlandian regular melee cavalry option to exist while they have an elite cavalry option that's just better.

I like them more restricted, so when u meet them in battle they are a added challenge. No it seems half of calradia is noble.
I find it weird that you can recruit them in villages without owning the village, would the noble sons not have allegiance to their overlord? As I suggested in the suggestion forum, I would like to see a small partition in the garrison of castles that automatically slowly fills up, that way only the owner of the castle can recruit them, they help defend the castle, this will give you a reason to acquire a castle and this will simulate the sending of high born children to the castle to get an education and martial training. You could even tie this in with curtain building projects.
Hard pass.

There is already enough things that are locked behind becoming a vassal as it is.

In Warband I probably had the most fun in the early stage of the game. In Bannerlord I do my very best to skip that part entirely so I can move on to were the real gains are.

+1 to everything

True for Vlandia but what about the Empire?
Its not only Vlandia its about every faction with the exception of the Empire. The empire is literally the only faction that only have the elite units as cavalry.(ofc not going to mention Battania (archers) and Aserai (normal troops update into horse archers)) Examples:

Khuzait: No point updating into Heavy Horse archer when you can get the Khan's Guard just as easy. At least you have the option to update into normal cavalry here still the horse archer path is pointless.

Sturgia: No point updating into Horse Raider when you have Druzhinnik Champion.

Vlandia:
its a joke.

Khuzait: No point updating into Heavy Horse archer when you can get the Khan's Guard just as easy. At least you have the option to update into normal cavalry here still the horse archer path is pointless.

Sturgia: No point updating into Horse Raider when you have Druzhinnik Champion.

Vlandia:
its a joke.
True for Khuzait and Vlandia, but for Sturgia, Horse Raiders and Druzhinniks are (supposed) to fill a different role, on-top of that Horse Raiders are terrible at that role and terrible in general anyway

No.

If you think they are too easy to get, then just don;t use them. No need to screw it up for others just because you think they should not be that easy to get.

If you think they are too easy to get, then just don;t use them.
Part of the problem is also that the AI uses them in huge numbers. So if you don't use them you will be putting yourself at a disadvantage.

Also, good game design doesn't make the player have to arbitrarily limit themselves if they want a varied, interesting game.
As elite troops make their regular versions worthless, the only thing that makes regular cavalry worth using is the fact that elite troops are rare. If elite troops aren't rare, why would you bother using the Vlandian Vanguard?
And it makes elite troops feel less special when they're so massively common.
No need to screw it up for others just because you think they should not be that easy to get.
Screw what up for others? Rolling around with mono-troop parties?

I think the default game should be balanced, varied, immersive, and interesting. Then people can mod it to the suboptimal way they prefer.

No.

You are right ofcourse. But, you are going to end up with a pure elite army one way or the other.

With the relative ease of raising good troops these days there is atleast some room for playing with something other than low risk Fians or Khan guards.

The real problem isn't the destination but rather the journey, having more than 25% of elite on early game is a problem.
Having the same figure on previous versions required at least to grind a little, if you were motivated enough.

If anyone is voting "no" solely because they think there is no such thing as a mid-point of balance, then their vote is wrong.

The real problem isn't the destination but rather the journey, having more than 25% of elite on early game is a problem.
Having the same figure on previous versions required at least to grind a little, if you were motivated enough.
Grinding, recruiting from prisoners or, even worse, silly mechanisms like converting bandits...

Nahh, new good, old bad.

Screw what up for others? Rolling around with mono-troop parties?

I think the default game should be balanced, varied, immersive, and interesting. Then people can mod it to the suboptimal way they prefer.
Sure, but that should be fixed through balancing elsewhere.

Now, personally, I do the sensible thing of using a low attrition Fian heavy army (previously Khan´s, but got boring). So it affects me, and others like me, the least. But, I would need to be blind and stupid if I could not see that weak recruitment options disproportionally hurt melee centric armies (and they are hardly OP to begin with).

Maybe they could add a slider or something before you start a new game so you can choose yourself how many noble troops should be available.

I´m personally liking it as it is right now. But please don´t restrict it for everyone without an option.

Back
Top Bottom