Red Orchestra Ostfront

Users who are viewing this thread

Tank maps suck. It takes AGES to get anywhere interesting and when you're finally there, there's a high chance you get killed immediately.

Raz said:
Tank maps suck. It takes AGES to get anywhere interesting and when you're finally there, there's a high chance you get killed immediately.

There's this nice small tank map where the Germans attack a village from the south and it has a river crossing and 2 places you can flank from, that one was done properly and it even allows combined arms to be effective.

I love tanks. The problem is, you need to find someone else who happens to be not completely brain-dead. I'm an excellent driver, simply because I know that evading is smart. As soon as my gunner makes a shot, I start retreating for cover as he reloads, or if that's not available, at least not staying where I'm at.
People seem to think that a gigantic flaming shell won't be easy to trace, and hammer the "STOP!" voice hotkey, like their horrible shooting skills are going to be further ruined while they're reloading and moving.

Cleidophoros said:
I always play them Ruskies. I do a better job at defending.

I end up playing the Reds a lot, but my favorite weapon is still the Karabiner. Not as unwieldy as the Mosin, great hip accuracy, and great actual accuracy. Too often have I outmatched those schmutziger Kommunisten in a simple contest of speed and accuracy. I walk casually into a room, and the Slavic idiot fumbles with his Papashah, ruining the ceiling with his horrible aim, and I plant a rifle round in his center mass, knocking him to the floor. It's really not that difficult, and I consider it a better close combat weapon than the Russian PPSH. I have only grown attached to that rifle, though - the best weapon, in quality, is still the G43, for me. The G43 certainly is not as comfortable in a close combat fight, however.

Sir Prince said:
Also the maps in Darkest Hour suck badly. You should NEVER give a team more than a half-dozen tanks even on a tank map. Or you'll have 20 people hopping into tanks and driving like bunch of morons. Seriously, there were more tanks than players on either team!

This is unfortunate, that Darkest Hour turned out to be a completely unbalanced waste of time. The Thompson is the worst gun in the game, hands down, and I once played a map where the entire Wehrmacht proned around a British bunker cluster. A Tommy would walk out and get capped in the face. This continued for ten minutes until they ran out of reinforcements, because that was their spawn area.

I like DH and the new maps. I don't particularly like the American and SS uniforms though. Often have I shot a team-mate thinking he was on the opposing side just because he was heading in my direction or had his weapon trained on me. These are situations of 'shoot first or die' I guess, even with your own team-mates.

Generally, the only way to know who's hostile and who's not is to look and see if he shoots at you. Repeatedly. If he does, then he's probably a hostile.

I also love the Garand. Hell of a rifle.

I am getting all kinds of glitches lately. when i connect to any server i cant see the players' list and names when i hit F1. when i hit escape to pick a role i cant see how many people are on the teams, i cant see the roles, i cant pick one. i cant see any messages like "X killed y" etc.
sometimes this goes on till i get bored and quit the game and sometimes after 30 seconds or so it turns back to normal but in the next map its the same **** again.
sometimes even after i get the names, roles and messages i cant still see weapons, i see a dude who is not carrying a weapon, so he must have grenades equipped but bam he has a goddamn mg it seems. also i cant see the top part of tanks sometimes, tanks are without towers but only bottom part and tracks.
i did check "the integrity of downloaded files" it seems okay.
does anyone have these?

Alright, my first attempt at necromancy ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONG4PKMDfws&feature=PlayList&p=97B1702DDAA07958&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=30
It's a ten minute walktrough of Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad. Looks very good too.

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/features/53728/GDC-2010-Tripwire-Talks-Stalingrad

New information and screenshots.

I like the sound of the new Countdown gammode, you get 1 life per objective.

Sir Prince said:
http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/features/53728/GDC-2010-Tripwire-Talks-Stalingrad

New information and screenshots.

I like the sound of the new Countdown gammode, you get 1 life per objective.

I am jizzing all over my pants. Thanks, Prince.  :evil:

Back
Top Bottom