Red - Ick - U - lous

Users who are viewing this thread

trying to keep my companions close at hand is becoming totally ridiculous !! If I keep them in my army, they are safe and close .. but as soon as I release them, another lord creates an army and steals them. This happens almost immediately !! WTF !! I'm near the city MAKEB, the thieving Lord is in Battanian lands, over 5 days away.

So the only answer is to keep them in my army and if you need to release them then get ready to disband another lords new army .... RIDICULOUS !!!!!

Surely clans over 2-3 days away should NOT be available for an army.

Surely, any thieving Lord should ask me first ! ?

It's situations like this that RUINS this game...

Yeah this sucks. It's especially annoying because they will waste so much time in other lord's army and cost you money. If they're in your army you can at least make them fight to earn thier wages and then some. I wish we could command them to do issues for your fiefs instead. Maybe in "Mount and Blade 3: I'm the boss go do a quest!".

...and many of these AI lord armies, just move from village to village to castle to town to village again, recruiting troops or getting food etc Most of their time they are doing nothing..

I must look after my young brother and sister who aren't very skilled army leaders ATM.

You mean - your party loses a battle, your companion becomes a prisoner and enemy lord carriers them around or brings to his castle?

Thats part of the immersion. Be glad they weren't killed on battlefield.

Edit:
Ok, missread. I understand now that you are talking about your companions joining into other lords armies.There's mod that allows you to tell companion not to join other armies. Hopefully, this will be implemented into base game as well some day.

Last edited:
Know the feeling. I have come to take it as given that my companion parties are scooped up instantly.

I believe the reason why this happens is that the influence cost of summoning a party depends on your relationship to the clan. Their relationship with you is most likely alot better than to the other vassals in the kingdom and thus they will always nap yours first.

You mean - your party loses a battle, your companion becomes a prisoner and enemy lord carriers them around or brings to his castle?

Thats part of the immersion. Be glad they weren't killed on battlefield.

Edit:
Ok, missread. I understand now that you are talking about your companions joining into other lords armies.There's mod that allows you to tell companion not to join other armies. Hopefully, this will be implemented into base game as well some day.
What mod is that? I need that.

I'm not using mods while testing 1.7 so ... I'll have to wait for the official release then go mod crazy !

I suspect the game is programmed that if a lord wants to create an army, they first check what's available (world wide) . If not enough, they wait and watch, as soon as you release your companions .. BAM!!!! Considering how TARDED the AI is, in losing battles and killing off troops, my companions are probably the largest / strongest clans available.

ANNOYING ... I'm very tempted to "Create my own Kingdom" .. is this intentional ???

Back
Top Bottom