Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

StarWight

Recruit
Saw a post about the red eye bug on the latest stable branch and it was resolved--but now it's cropping back up in the lastest beta branch. It is quite creepy--any way to fix, or do we have to wait for a hotfix?

Basically I am getting red eyes on all character portraits, including the player character's map icon. I can't yet post a screenshot since I just created my account.

Summary: Red eyes on all character portraits and the map icon for the player character
How to Reproduce: Just starts up every new game
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Scene Name (if related): N/A
Media (Screenshots & Video): (cannot yet post a screenshot due to account being new)
Computer Specs:
GPU: GTX 1060 6 gb
GPU Driver Version: Nvidia, latest update
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz
RAM: 16 gb
Motherboard: MSI Z170A Gaming M5 (MS-7977)
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSHD

same here, this problem wasnt present in 1.7.1

Edit: When the performance settings are on max, then the red eyes are gone.

Last edited:
Had the bug yesterday. Im on custom settings with mixed high/medium.

I have a nvidia 970. I updated my drivers today and the red eyes are now gone, no change to any settings/mods.

Im dealing with the same issue. I ve read a lot of articles about it being caused by the video card and we have the same GPU. I have GTX 1060 3GB and Ryzen 3 4300GE. I was fine with version 1.7.2, but on e1.8.0 I started seeing red eyes. I apologize in advance for my english...

yeah having same issues, my vid card is old like GeForce GTX 970 but on prior version of Bannerlord / 1.7.1 , there wasn't red eyes. Also keep up with the updates and kudos to all what you do Also can you guys come out with official Napoleon for Bannerlord, like Mount n Blade iirc there was tons of fun times on that game.

Any one notice those hip tall small tree trunks that you can't see while riding a fast horse and just stops your horse. Can you (devs) remove those? They come on random plains battle areas.

I think there was a prior thread about the red eye issue 1.72 beta having it and it was fixed during the 1.7.1 stable / 1.72 beta but when 1.72 stable / no beta came out it came back (prior to 1.8.0)

Thanks

Guys, I have now found the solution to the problem. I found the solution while I was messing around with the settings, thinking that the error was caused by the Texture. Set 'Texture Streaming Budget' to the highest setting. For 1.7.2 and 1.8.0 this method works.

Guys, I have now found the solution to the problem. I found the solution while I was messing around with the settings, thinking that the error was caused by the Texture. Set 'Texture Streaming Budget' to the highest setting. For 1.7.2 and 1.8.0 this method works.
Thank you! Fixed the problem for me after setting texture streaming budget highest and restarting the game.

Thank you so much! This fixed it for me :smile:

This was reported long time ago. I had the same issue with 1.7.2 and 1.8 (live), and this trick works for me too, for now. Well, that's always something.
GTX 1050, no mods.

This was reported long time ago. I had the same issue with 1.7.2 and 1.8 (live), and this trick works for me too, for now. Well, that's always something.
GTX 1050, no mods.
Works for me too, but the highest level of texture streaming budget takes more tham 2GB VRAM. And this not happened on earlier versions of the game (lower than 1.72).

I have a NVIDIA GeForce MX130 with 2 GB VRAM. Always played the game on the versions before 1.72. This wasn't happening. And I didn't need to consume all my VRAM on texture streaming budget.
Please, help us with this.
Waiting for a fix.

Back
Top Bottom