? Red Dead Redemption 2 PC

Users who are viewing this thread

Adorno said:
So, anyone bought it on Steam? Is it running smoothly now?

Yeah, works fine for me, I haven't had any issue with the game nor the launcher so far. You'll need an SSD to play it smoothly though, the game is so big that running it on a hard drive will cause quite a lot of stutters, but it's playable if you lower the graphics. My only problem with the game's performance right now is that while my GPU is very capable of handling the game on max settings, my CPU and RAM are the bottleneck, so I get some stutters every now and then unless I lower graphics. If you want really high quality you'll need a beefy PC, but on the plus side the game looks great even on low settings, hell even on minimum settings it isn't half bad.

With the new AMD drivers we got the "sharpening" feature straight from the GPU itself. Now even with the with the blurry  TAA it is sharp as if on SMAAx4, but performance impact is non exsistent.
On vega 64 and i7700K, 16GB RAM and on SSD, i have no problems whatsoever, with the optimised settings whose screenshot i posted earlier on this thread.

BTW i am PUMPED for the new Moonshiners content, as i'm a moonshiner in real life as well ?

The online barely touched it, the SP is on standby because the saved game was ****ed up magically at 55% progress. I have downloaded a 100% complete save game to finish the story after I get over this ****. :xf-mad:

This game is ridiculously good looking ?
Anyway, still early in the game, building up the camp. But making money is tiresome.
Hunting is fine but you can only carry one carcass on the horse at a time.
Robbed a few people, but that's literally pennies. Collecting debts for Herr Strauss is okay but still a measly outcome.

6vkS5.jpg
tbdGJ.jpg
PT0Mx.jpg
_YdMp.jpg

This game is ridiculously good looking ?
Anyway, still early in the game, building up the camp. But making money is tiresome.
Hunting is fine but you can only carry one carcass on the horse at a time.
Robbed a few people, but that's literally pennies. Collecting debts for Herr Strauss is okay but still a measly outcome.

6vkS5.jpg
tbdGJ.jpg
PT0Mx.jpg
_YdMp.jpg

Another tip: You can use your lasso on what the game classes as large sized animals (like deer and pronghorn, boars and cougars) and drag them behind your horse, so you can get two carcasses. Or, if you have a temporary horse (just steal one from someone or tame a wild one but don't put your saddle on it), you can put a carcass on that as well and drag another for 3 full carcasses. Thankfully you don't need too many carcasses (only a couple for the upgrades from Pearson in camp) in single player, so everything else you can just skin when selling to the trapper to make clothes.

But the lasso drag is really important for online (especially the Trader role) until you unlock the Hunting Wagon (which will let you put 5 large carcasses or fish, and will save them so even if you log out without turning them in you won't lose them).

And if you want lots of money in story mode, do the treasure hunt (you get a map from a stranger that starts it), you'll get a lot of money that way. There's also valuables you can sell to the fence, but I'd avoid selling all the gold bars to him, because you won't have access to the money you had throughout the game once you complete it (and there are places on the map you can't go to until you complete the story, with new outfits and horses to buy in those places). You do keep all the stuff in your satchel though, so you can sell those gold bars if you kept them and get beaucoup money to buy those things if you want.

Last edited:
I shot a wild horse, but to my surprise you can't take it or skin it. Didn't people eat horse meat back then? :xf-tongue:

They did, and quite a lot of it too. Not to mention you could skin them in the first game so I'm not sure why Rockstar decided to make you unable to skin them in this one. Unless because they tied horse death to the honour-dishonour system they figured you shouldn't be allowed to skin them.

Back
Top Bottom