Recruiting Vassals - Can I any to offer my own fiefs at the recruitment vassals?

Users who are viewing this thread

19Molnija85

Regular
Hellou,

first sorry for my broken English.

I have one question. I have my own kingdom, but i dont have noble vassals. Any vassals says "I am happy with my current liege!". I have two towns, two castles and many villages. Can I any to offer my own fiefs at the recruitment vassals? But i must have 225 skill/trading? I thought that this condition did not apply when recruiting.

Thank you
Molnija

You can not while recruiting, but you can gift after you recruited them. You need more money in order to bypass "I am happy with my liege" wall, that is just an indicator that you lack enough cash to bargain treason. Aim for fiefless and poor clans, they're much cheaper to recruit (less than 250K usually).

Ok, but it loses logic. If I have several of my own fiefs, I see no reason why I would not be able to offer them in recruitment as a supplement to money. I have around 680k. Even poor clans with a tier of 2-3 say to me "I'm happy with my liege".

This game lacks a lot of logic and of course it doesn´t make sense that we can´t offer lords our fiefs for joining us, but hey...it´s TheVisionTM!

I see no reason why
Summary of Bannerlord.
Yes, you should be able to offer fiefs during negotiation but Taleworlds probably thought it'd be OP.
Wealth of a clan isn't the only parameter but also whether they already have a fief and if you're at peace with their current faction. Because if you are, they'll have to give away their fiefs in order to join you and AFAIK they also take this into account while bargaining. If you're at war, they join you with their own fief and cost you less. 680k should be enough to tempt 1-2 clans at least.

Encyclopedia. Friends and enemies of each individual are shown there in their profile. If someone's not there, they're neutral.

I understand, but what if I want aristocratic lords and not any wanderer with a dubious (often criminal) past? So I'll pay for unbalanced gameplaying ... e.g. that I can't offer a fief when recruiting him? Alternatively, the fact that the prices of lords are extremely exorbitant (even over 5 million denars) - practically without cheating or exploits, the player does not know how to make real big money. I've been on bannerlord for 700 hours and I still haven't been able to find economic logic in the basic aspect of the game ... nor in recruitment. I play without mods.

I seem to remember them removing the ability to trade fiefs in the barter screen because of "balance". Like they removed the ability to make peace through it. Another of the most underutilised areas of the game.

In my current game I made like 40+ wanderer clans and recruited zero AI clans. I suggest this method very much, **** AI clans and **** dialogue checks!
Sure, that´s the best way to grow. Still it should be possible to offer thiefs to AI lords if you want them to join you.

Dialogue checks could just be removed alltogether, I bet 75%+ just save save scum anyways...****ing RNG...

practically without cheating or exploits, the player does not know how to make real big money. I've been on bannerlord for 700 hours and I still haven't been able to find economic logic in the basic aspect of the game ... nor in recruitment. I play without mods.
There is no real logic but here is how could make money without exploits (smithing or other stuff):

- get all workshops until your limit (only brewerys, doesn´t matter what ressource the town has, just use brewerys because the economic is so awesome in Bannerlord)
- fight, fight, fight, fight, fight and fight enemy lord parties! (I mean there isn´t really anything else to do after the early game)
- do the easy and fast quests (the fighting ones which you can just do directly)

I´m always at 500.000+ denars without even touching smithing or using other exploits when I reach midgame, I just fight a lot until I stop playing because the game get´s too boring and repetitive...

Last edited:
Dialogue checks could just be removed alltogether, I bet 75%+ just save save scum anyways...****ing RNG...
I agree 100%. If they want to ever make a new fleshed out system, just have certain perks, traits or reasonable skill break points UNLOCK an option or give bonus in outcome. But giving a (false) % pass/fail is just nonsense and if you can just brute force it what would the point of getting the skill/perk/trait ever be?

Still it should be possible to offer thiefs to AI lords if you want them to join you.
Yeah it doesn't make sense since you have the ability to gift them immediately after they're in your kingdom. I think they want to protect the value of the 300 trade perk, despite nerfing trade, not supporting trade and other stuff that undermines it.

Back
Top Bottom