Recruiting other than faction recruits, and something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

I want a "village" to have looters recruit able rather than the recruits of the faction that owns them. Is it doable?

Also, how can i disable a village and still have it visible. I figured out how to stop them from spawning peasants, but they are still being targeted by lords.

when you mean disable them you mean that you can't enter them right?

if so. Just make a party that you cannot have a dialog with and give them a village map icon...

and yes... I think you should look in the module_scrips.py for changing what you recuit in villages.

bjorne. said:
when you mean disable them you mean that you can't enter them right?

Not necessarily, they are inaccessible anyway. I just want the AI to ignore them.

Edit: Oh, and another question. Is it possible to add particle effects to map_icons?

there are map particle affects (smoke is the most common).  Look in the operations.py file, you will find the operations there.

As to having the AI leave a site alone, they don't go to the training areas...  look at them.  Most likely the village would have to be part of a faction that is completely neutral.

I can't find the operations.py  :???: This is awkward.  :lol:
Do you mean the header_operations.py?

I thought one were to only modify the module_ files.

Edit: Looking at module_scripts, i found how smoke, fire etc was added to raided villages. Any easy way to do it permanently? Is it also possible to position those particles?
I want 8 smoke particles in a radius around a map icon. Can you add more than one effect at different positions at once?

I personally have not done this, but came across the operations when I was looking at some particle stuff.

The head_operations.py holds all the game coded operations.  It's a good place to look first when trying to do something, but not knowing what tool to use.

Just figured out adding particles, going to work on positioning and multiplying the effect.
So i got this:      (party_add_particle_system, "p_town_1", "psys_lifestream", pos1, 30),
At the game start script, but the positioning doesn't seem to do anything.

Hmm, does disabled map icons still show particle effects? I could just place invisible map icons there instead and give them particle effects.
Edit: This seems to work well, however i need to lift it above ground, any suggestions?

Also, i couldn't figure out why the training areas are neutral.
It's probably because the assign script ends at villages, but i tried putting them after the training areas and they skill got assigned to a faction.
Edit: Looking at it again, it seems to have worked after all.
I haven't figured out how to make other than the faction recruits being recruited yet either. (For one specific village rather than them all that is)
I also tried adding the recruit volunteers option, but it never appeared in-game.

Back
Top Bottom