Recruiting North American Light Infantry-15e Régiment de Voltigeurs de la Garde

Users who are viewing this thread

In all seriousness, he has a right to speak his opinion. Even if it is incredibly stupid. It's not like he's making a death-threat or something.

Gentil said:
König said:
Gentil said:
Wow so hes not even old enough to vote, yet he thinks he can comment on the current affairs of the U.S, typical
If he's an American citizen, why shouldn't he be able to state his opinion? Whether he's able to vote or not. We do have free-speech here after-all.

Oh please, stop it your making me laugh to hard :lol:
He will be 18 next election, he had the right to free speech. A large amount of next elections voters are 14,15,16,17 right now. With that kind of thought Britain should be under the Nazis in 1984.

It's been a long day of school in Kentucky, listening to all of the people try to sound intelligent about the election, and fail miserably at doing so. I swear, there is no greater test of self control than to be surrounded by hundreds of people who speak like they just graduated from the second grade talk about how "Obama is a communist, muslim," or how, "Romney is just a rich old white man who doesn't know how to run a country."
Anyway, how was everyone else's day?

Doctor Scherzando said:
It's been a long day of school in Kentucky, listening to all of the people try to sound intelligent about the election, and fail miserably at doing so. I swear, there is no greater test of self control than to be surrounded by hundreds of people who speak like they just graduated from the second grade talk about how "Obama is a communist, muslim," or how, "Romney is just a rich old white man who doesn't know how to run a country."
Same as yours Doc.. :neutral:

Doctor Scherzando said:
Living in a Republican area of a Democratic district is rather awkward at times. Stereotypes and generalizations everywhere.

Honestly, were I live, there's been no difference at all.

So yeah, my day's been mostly fine.

Menelaos16 said:
Doctor Scherzando said:
Living in a Republican area of a Democratic district is rather awkward at times. Stereotypes and generalizations everywhere.
Even people who support the same ideals as me are so moronic and ignorant. I probably dislike people more who like the same things as me for the completely wrong, and misled reasons.
To many children listening to their parents, and then quoting what they THINK they heard, even though it ends up being completely incorrect. Sadly when I say "children" I don't literally mean kids, I mean 80% of American voters. They take what they hear from their favorite political pundit on TV or campaign ad as fact. Newsflash: Sadly the constitution protects freedom of speech and freedom of the press without many limitations. Lying to the masses should be illegal, but many say that is considered "censorship". The very people that call it censorship are the ones that are being misled. Similar to how some poor people support parties that wish to eliminate social security programs, without which they would not be able to live.
/rant

Doctor Scherzando said:
Menelaos16 said:
Doctor Scherzando said:
Even people who support the same ideals as me are so moronic and ignorant. I probably dislike people more who like the same things as me for the completely wrong, and misled reasons.
To many children listening to their parents, and then quoting what they THINK they heard, even though it ends up being completely incorrect. Sadly when I say "children" I don't literally mean kids, I mean 80% of American voters. They take what they hear from their favorite political pundit on TV or campaign ad as fact. Newsflash: Sadly the constitution protects freedom of speech and freedom of the press without many limitations. Lying to the masses should be illegal, but many say that is considered "censorship". The very people that call it censorship are the ones that are being misled. Similar to how some poor people support parties that wish to eliminate social security programs, without which they would not be able to live.
/rant
/rant = controversy.

Tehe, I can't get enough.

Well doctor you said,"I know more about politics than you do, don't even argue" earlier today. Clearly your hypocritical of freedom of speech, only proving your point even further. So with that logic should anyone vote?

Commander Millander said:
Haven't heard much from my school today. More talk of halo 4 than Polatics which I don't mind  :mrgreen:
My school is the exact opposite. I was rather surprised by my classmates that in my History class we actually had a developed, sensible conversation about the election and even went as deep as today's government system in the U.S. and how flawed it is and what can be done to fix it.

It was a haven of intelligence.

There was one girl who tried to get into the conversation but was so brainwashed it ended in bias against homosexuality.

Menelaos16 said:
Well doctor you said,"I know more about politics than you do, don't even argue" earlier today. Clearly your hypocritical of freedom of speech, only proving your point even further. So with that logic should anyone vote?
First off, you're putting words in my mouth. I said, "If you don't understand what you're talking about, then don't talk about it".
A)What they said was simply false, not up for discussion, completely incorrect. B)It was a logical fallacy that would not make sense in this dimension. I encourage everyone to be involved, as these things matter, but when someone said, "Mitt Romney said he would make tampons illegal," I have to stop them and say they are wrong. And as you know, I'm no Romney supporter, but what I support more than any idea is that of non-ignorance.

Commander Millander said:
Xoxo  m also guys keep it of the threAd
I typically mess up a word or letter when typing on my phone, I think it's healthy to actively discuss the future of the country I live in. This is the most fruitful thing we have posted in weeks and you want us to stop? Yet you encourage posts with no content after battles.

In other news we have a N&S battle  :sad:

Back
Top Bottom