Recruiting mercenary clan while have no money exploit

Users who are viewing this thread

Actually now I am examining codes which causes mercenary clans to leave their actual kingdom and I see it is happening pretty common. Probably fixing this is a must and first thing need to be done about these problems. Then I can move messenger idea to suggestion meeting if we can find solutions to side effects.

By the way I also follow these boards and I really liked this idea they throw about suggestion 2 in meeting screenshot. These are the dialogs Bannerlord really need, I can suggest it as "if caught npc says ok (if he is weak he will say "ok, you will not see me around here for a time") to this offer and if we release that npc there can be 20 days of raid cooldown for only that lord" so he will not come again raiding one of your villages (maybe if he is dishonorable he doesn't keep promise and can come again but it can be hard to tell player why he did not keep promise) :

bt4e7.png

Why not add wives and kids to the minor factions?

They can get married and have more kids then proliferate.

Another is to allow minor factions to marry amongst other minor factions.

I love the idea of wanderers turning into mercenary lords as casualties happen.

Could we have new wanderers spawn over time? Let’s day the goal is to have 20 wanderers at a time, you could generate x wanderers a year depending on how low they get.
W<10 = +5
W<12 = +4
W<14 = +3
W<16= +2
W<20 = +1
If you make this check/generation either seasonal or annual, it wouldn’t need to run constantly in the background, so it wouldn’t be adding towards “slowing down the game”.

For information, current situation is like this :

xlMHY.png

I will suggest mercenaries to get wanderers to their clan by time if casualties / deaths happen but I give it 25% chance to be accepted. Probably they can prefer new heroes to spawn instead of switching wanderers to minor factions. However this will not solve wanderer inflation. Minor factions to recruit wanderers with same culture is more immersive design.

Last edited:

xlMHY.png

I will suggest mercenaries to get wanderers to their clan by time if casualties / deaths happen but I give it 25% chance to be accepted. Probably they can prefer new heroes to spawn instead of switching wanderers to minor factions. However this will not solve wanderer inflation. Minor factions to recruit wanderers with same culture is more immersive design.

I support this suggestion! :smile: One more argument for it: the player uses this same mechanism, that is, to recruit from the wanderers for the clan, the game even uses this as one of the very first quests.

Thank you!

xlMHY.png

Awesome, thanks.

Actually now I am examining codes which causes mercenary clans to leave their actual kingdom and I see it is happening pretty common. Probably fixing this is a must and first thing need to be done about these problems.
In that regard an interesting idea would be to assing relationship penalty with mercenaries that leave during wartime. Scenario:

- Mercenary (player or npc) joins faction (player or npc)
- decides to leave while war is ongoing
- mercenary loses e.g. 10 relationship points with the factions clans

or

- mercenary decides to leave during peacetime
- no relationship points lost

- if a mercenary minor faction has e.g. <= -60 relation with a faction, they become persona non grata and the major faction declares war on them (if they can afford to)

Why not add wives and kids to the minor factions?

They can get married and have more kids then proliferate.

Another is to allow minor factions to marry amongst other minor factions.
AFAIU minor factions are mercenary bands, not familial clans. But they (including player faction) could maybe marry notables or wanderers and also form families. That might kinda complicate the game a bit too much tho.

xlMHY.png

Should clans in the normal factions be able to also recruit wanderers?

AFAIU minor factions are mercenary bands, not familial clans. But they (including player faction) could maybe marry notables or wanderers and also form families. That might kinda complicate the game a bit too much tho.

Even roaming bands are going to get married though eventually. Otherwise they won't have a next generation.

minor clans should be able to fight for a castle/town, if we can why cant they?also i think we should be able to get a notice of them leaving and have a change to cover the other offer, leaving our kingdom just like that not cool lol...it allways ends the same way later on: head off...and no more minor clans haha...also would be nice see the rebels been able to recruit them...rebels now a days seems so..meh..they add nothing much so far.

xlMHY.png

Just have a lieutenant step up. They could be randomly selected from a premade list. It would be more realistic if a member of the next rank down would be promoted instead of a randomly skilled wanderer taking the highest rank of a mercenary group that has been fighting together for years.
It would not kill two birds with one stone, but would be a solution to the falling number of active minor heroes.

Back
Top Bottom