Recruiting lords/vassals

Users who are viewing this thread

WithOutFun

Squire
This hasn´t directly to do with diplomacy mod, but I play the current version of diplomacy and not native, so I ask my question here.

I don´t know if I am just to dumb, but how can I recruit vassals or lords, if I am King of my own Kingdom? I can do all the dimplomatic, military and financial things, everything works fine, but I don´t know how recruit lords ...

Thanks in advance!

Basically, to recruit Lords, you have to first get them alone.

Talk to them and pick the option of speaking to them in private.

Ask them what they feel about their liege/king.

Then convince them to support you.

Currently its not very well done by native so it involves huge amounts of overwhelming good reasons for there to be a reasonable random chance to get the lord to defect to your side.

Currently, Diplomacy does NOT affect Lord recruitment/conversion

Ah ok, that means I can´t recruit lords from the "nirvana", like it is in some mods (europe 1200 for original mount and blade for example) for every center/castle I own?

for most of the lords you must have a reputaion of at least 20 with them.
otherwise they reject to talk to you in private.

sometimes you will find lords that are VERY unhappy with ther current king and are willing to talk to you even when your reputation is at 0.

but it is still very hard to convince them convert into your kingdome.

i dont know whether its random or a "2 out auf 3" decission, but the lords have 3 "arguments" like military power, kingdom politics, other lords already in your kingdom and your "promise" you gave them.

yes i know that are 4 but they "choose" only 3 of them when you talk to them...
i noticed, that when 2 or even 3 of the 3 arguments are "good" (ie they like your point of view) they will convert to your faction.

otherwise they will reject it!

oh and your reputation to the lord also increases the chance that they will convert... but it does not garantee it.
i had a lord @75 reputation and he refused to convert to my kingdom.

it is VERY frustrating the first months after you founded your own kingdom. later on it is getting better because the more honor and reknown you gain the higher your reputation with other lords get without having to do 100000 quests again and again...

another trick/tipp for the beginning:

take a look at the "nobility table": http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Mount%26Blade/Companions

some heroes are nobles.
you can give fiefs to those noble heroes WITHOUT messing up your reputation with other lords not in your kingdom!
you can recruit those noble heroes and then make them to your vassal even if you have heroes in your team that dont like that "vassal hero".

this helps a lot to establish your own kingdom and defend the borders until you are able to convince other lords to join your faction :wink:.

Do not ever get companion lords unless they are noble types that are outside of your target companion group.

If you Knight your companion, you don't EVER get him back again and he becomes a lord with whatever stats he had at the moment with no ways of levelling up.

If he has crappy leadership, he becomes a permanent lord with a small crappy army.

WithOutFun said:
Ah ok, that means I can´t recruit lords from the "nirvana", like it is in some mods (europe 1200 for original mount and blade for example) for every center/castle I own?

yes im a player of the oringnal mount and blade and ive got my own kingdom but its callled rebels and im just wondering if i can recuit lords in the oringnal mount and blade and if so could i please know how to

Back
Top Bottom