Recruiting lords to your kingdom.

Currently viewing this thread:

If you are a merc and catch a party, don't release them, donate them to a dungeon. Damn if you catch someone who is the worst enemy of the clan who rules the town, you donate the prisoner, you can get 42 relation with them(with high charm) . Make that with every kingdom and your relation problem at the start of your own kingdom is solved. Releasing a lord after battle is capped at 6 I believe? Also give clans influence is cappped at 2(lol). So donating lords to other clan fiefs and prison breaks are the best method to build up relation. Than its only a money issue.

Last edited:
If you are a merc and catch a party, don't release them, donate them to a dungeon. Damn if you catch someone who is the worst enemy of the clan who rules the town, you donate the prisoner, you can get 42 relation with them(with high charm) .
It can go even higher.

The highest relationship gain I have achieved from donating a prisoner was a solid 103!!! (the king of valandia or the king of the western empire, I forgot which)

In regard to a point made by Midknightwolf. It is my observation that a high relationship does not appear to be an important factor in how costly it will be to recruit clans (the 100 relationship ---> 15k for a clan claim).

It is possible to recruit some clans for very modest sums; I have even experienced that a clan was willing to pay me to join. But it is my observation that the main driving factor is the clan´s relationship to their factionleader, not their relationship to you. E.g. I have also experienced having to pay 600k to convince a landless clan to join me even despite a 90+ relationship.

Last edited:
If you are a merc and catch a party, don't release them, donate them to a dungeon. Damn if you catch someone who is the worst enemy of the clan who rules the town, you donate the prisoner, you can get 42 relation with them(with high charm) . Make that with every kingdom and your relation problem at the start of your own kingdom is solved. Releasing a lord after battle is capped at 6 I believe? Also give clans influence is cappped at 2(lol). So donating lords to other clan fiefs and prison breaks are the best method to build up relation. Than its only a money issue.
OK, so when you capture a lord, you should shop around in the encyclopedia to find his enemies, go to that clan's fief, and donate the prisoner?
I've never done that! - Given how quickly captives escape, you'd need to find his new nasty home nearby.

Does this work as a vassal? If I can grab Caladog, and he's an enemy to Rhagaea, I can slap him in the hoosegow in Locharon to gain her further favor as her vassal?

Top Bottom