Recruiting Lords bug?

Users who are viewing this thread

Venero

Regular
I come here in frustration, I realize that's a bad move, but there can no longer be any doubt that it is absolutely impossible to change the allegiance of any Lord. I took up a claimants cause after I had been a vassal of the Sultanate for a long time, most of the Lords are 20+ towards me in relations and a couple of them are in the 60's.

I approach Emir Ghulassen (68 relation) and the conversation goes like this:
Militarily I would be safer if I joined you.
Politically I would enjoy your company more then my current court.
You speak of Claims, a king must have strong legal claims for there not to be chaos in the realm and yours is well established.
One should think carefully about changing allegiance, but many would understand.

So with all being in the 'green' I decide to push my request and just like everyone else I've ever asked no matter how solid my position was, he refused to change his allegiance.

Can someone explani exactly what it will take? I am sick of doing 1-man war campaigns and thought perhaps having a claimant to back up gave me a stronger position like in M&B where recruiting Lords was no big thing, but in Warband this mechanic seems completely broken.

Tried to make one Khergit to become Sarranid. He had 60+ with me, -99 with his own king, it was not long before Khanat was annihilated by us... and he refused. May be 'cause we were enemyes? But if so, one can't get any support for teh claimant case, right?

I just now last night finally got 3 people in a row to join me. They were all from Vaegers whom I'm at war with. They said my military wasn't big enough but joined anyway. I believe my right to rule had just crossed about the 40 mark. I remember something in the patch notes that said you could choose the campain dificulty and I wonder if that setting affects this. I haven't checked my setting yet but I'll check when I get home. For me anyway, it seems that recruiting just got easier.

BTW I'm not supporting a claiment.

Back
Top Bottom