SP - General Recruiting companions from mercenary companies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Calabanar

Sergeant at Arms
Hi all.

Losing a good companion can be a pain because of how hard (and long) to train they are. So what if maintaining good relations with mercenary companies (30-45+) allowed the player to recruit companions from said companies? These companions would have a higher average level and skills than the ones found in taverns.

This would make attempts to maintain good relations with them more worthwhile and reduce frustration for losing good comrades for the player. It's a win-win!

Going even further it would be nice if their skills reflected the strong points of the mercenary companies, so if you want good archer companions, you befriend the forest people/brotherhood of the woods, for example.

This is in essence, a very simple addition with an interesting effect( I think). What do you think?

I really wish you could convince the minor clans to fully join you in some way. They seem to be the ones i like to interact with the most. But in my current playthrough most of my best friends are from the lake rats ect. Would be pretty cool to have them join you in your party or in the kingdom. Either way i'd enjoy it.

+1

I really wish you could convince the minor clans to fully join you in some way. They seem to be the ones i like to interact with the most. But in my current playthrough most of my best friends are from the lake rats ect. Would be pretty cool to have them join you in your party or in the kingdom. Either way i'd enjoy it.

+1

That could be interesting as well, it's too bad they currently don't have unique quest lines.

Why not? Just I don't know how they could implement this.

The implementation would be rather simple:
Each mercenary company would have its pool of heroes. When you have high relations with Mercenary Companies, you get an additional dialogue option to meet their most promising members. Then you are sent to the party exchange screen where you can browse available companions and their stats.

If one or multiple of those companions interest you, simply "hire" them (for a high price, fo course). Being mercenaries, they don't even need to have a story, just a personality through traits.

Back
Top Bottom