Recruiting clans too expensive?

Users who are viewing this thread

erik9631

Recruit
Hello.
I would like to ask whether there is a way to recruit other clans or get vassals without having to pay over 1m gold for each vassal.
My relations are terribly bad with every noble / lord in the game. It started by executing a few nobles, but the relation spike snowballed across every noble in the game, making it unviable for me to recruit anyone throughout the whole game. Then everybody declared a war on my kingdom giving me basically the finger.

Right now I became an executioner and I executed around 70% of the nobles in the game. Most of my enemies are destabilized and I own only 2 towns and a few castles. I Am basically playing a cat and mouse game on the map, chasing down nobles and killing them so they won't be able to retaliate or take over my towns. Capturing more towns has become completely unviable for me, as I would not be able to defend them.

What I need is more clans / vassals on my side forming armies and defending their / my fiefs, however 1 million gold or more for a vassal is simply too much. While I have that money in items (And it is not a problem to get more with all these battles), I would probably have to go around the whole map and sell out a whole town to be able to get that much and we are still talking about a single clan.

Is there a more efficient way to get vassals? Or even create them? I am basically a one clan army right now decimating the whole continent, but having no support and being unable to defend cities is making me feel more like a warlord rather than a lord.

I mean being a bloodthirsty warmonger makes you a bit hard to approach.
Hmm sure. Wish there were more factors dictating the relations in the game. If you are bloodthirsty warmonger that managed to execute half of the nobles in the continent, then the reputation should allow you to either scare other nobles into joining you, or making the persuasion easier.

I have been able to recruit as low as maybe 150k (not certain if i am remembering correctly), but certainly 335K.

Lower tier clans are cheaper.
Castles can give 100% success, TOWNS more or less guarantee a low tier/landless clan to join (depending on strength of your faction).

Relationship is also taken into account....

My best advice. Grind, Win, Hire Mercs, Recruit lords with new lands, rinse and repeat.

Its very hard. In a 2400 day playthrough (and most recently from day 1400 to 2400), i went from 1 clan (maybe 2, not including my own), to about 9 clans.

Really took a lot of effort, but its possible.

Yeah I've noticed it's a lot more expensive than it used to be which frankly is a good thing in my opinion.

I raise my Charm skill specifically to make recruiting lords easier, then cherry pick the lord I want to recruit by taking their fiefs (fiefless lords are more willing to defect), then recruiting them and gifting their fiefs back to raise relations back up again.

Targeting lords in factions weakened by war would be most optimal, the lower tier the cheaper they go for.

If anyone has any other of tips, I'd like to hear them as well.

I am getting clans for less than 100k.
Check whether they have fiefs or not. That's what affects cost the most.
Makes sense really , since when they join you they leave their fiefs to their previous leader.
Used to be different on earlier versions.

Not sure how much relation affects the cost.

Having a feature for intimidating lords through many executions etc sounds like a cool idea.
Pretty sure they had it planned at some point ( there was an obsolete perk ) not sure if it's still on the table.
After all , that's similar to what mongols did in real life. They annihilated entire cities and eventually some surrendered without a fight to avoid the same fate.

I am getting clans for less than 100k.
Check whether they have fiefs or not. That's what affects cost the most.
Makes sense really , since when they join you they leave their fiefs to their previous leader.
Used to be different on earlier versions.

Not sure how much relation affects the cost.

Having a feature for intimidating lords through many executions etc sounds like a cool idea.
Pretty sure they had it planned at some point ( there was an obsolete perk ) not sure if it's still on the table.
After all , that's similar to what mongols did in real life. They annihilated entire cities and eventually some surrendered without a fight to avoid the same fate.
Wow.

I cant believe i kind of just realized what you are talking about..

Have you ever had a clan join your kingdom with their previous fiefs?

Wow.

I cant believe i kind of just realized what you are talking about..

Have you ever had a clan join your kingdom with their previous fiefs?
As of 1.5.7 , yes , it happened once. Most often they left them on previous owners. Could be RNG , who knows.

As of 1.5.7 , yes , it happened once. Most often they left them on previous owners. Could be RNG , who knows.
thought you would find this funny.

bought all the fiefs a lord had (3 castles for 800K!!!!! fak). Convince him to join kingdom. -> requires kind of assurance -> offer the 3 fiefs back, and its not enough!!!! hahaha.

He wanted money on top of it.... wow. What a waste of 800k..... Wtf am i gonna do with 3 castles.

Back
Top Bottom