SP - General Recruit mercenaries from encampments outside castles and have gladitorial games to be freed if you are captured

Users who are viewing this thread

1. I do not believe there are enough opportunities to recruit mercenaries. Perhaps as an additional utilization to castles, there could be encampments outside where mercs offer their services. These camps do not specifically have to be outside castles but it's just a thought.

2. As an option for being freed from imprisonment, you could be thrown into the arena with the rest of the prisoner pool and forced to survive an en-masse FFA. Could come with a renown bonus at the end.

I like the gladiator release option, but I feel like it could definitely be abused by the player. Picking good strategic ground makes those fights a lot easier and late-game character are pretty much walking tanks.

I think it should be limited by your clan tier, maybe Tier 4 being the limit? Renown is much more valuable the lower your clan tier, so it would be a nice reward early-game, plus you'd actually earn it as the combat would be harder early game too. Also, the more you do it, the more renown you get and thus the quicker you disqualify yourself because your clan becomes high tier.

Plus, the enemy lords would have to be pretty stupid to make that kind of bet on a king or important lord walking free, so it makes sense only minor nobles would be allowed to participate. Also the renown you earn eventually disqualifying you (because of advancing clan tiers) makes sense as if you are constantly winning these games and walking free no ransom all the time, then they might think twice about letting you compete haha

2. As an option for being freed from imprisonment, you could be thrown into the arena with the rest of the prisoner pool and forced to survive an en-masse FFA. Could come with a renown bonus at the end.
It seems like a good idea to me, I would only add that the prisoners and the player are equipped with a simple robe and with a random one-handed weapon, although I would draw the spear. So that the player does not have it so easy, the arena map should be small, perhaps the other prisoners could appear in waves as in the arena of cities.

random one-handed weapon, although I would draw the spear. So that the player does not have it so easy
How hard is that? Just have a good skill in 1H, while 2H/polearm players whould allways skip/hate this feature...

It does not make sence to have a crossbow if you are a skilled archer. Or that you fight with a 2H hammer if you are skilled in 1H.

Or let the player pick his category and get a matching lowtier weapon of random type.

The level of the gear could improve with your clan level. I mean, letting a T6 clan-leader fight with rags and trash is probably beneath the Calradian nobility. If they allow you to fight for your freedom, you are likely allowed a fight due to your standard. Your opponents will also be improved, BTW.

How hard is that? Just have a good skill in 1H, while 2H/polearm players whould allways skip/hate this feature...

It does not make sence to have a crossbow if you are a skilled archer. Or that you fight with a 2H hammer if you are skilled in 1H.

Or let the player pick his category and get a matching lowtier weapon of random type.

The level of the gear could improve with your clan level. I mean, letting a T6 clan-leader fight with rags and trash is probably beneath the Calradian nobility. If they allow you to fight for your freedom, you are likely allowed a fight due to your standard. Your opponents will also be improved, BTW.
I feel like using your own equipment gives you too much advantage like in tournaments. What could be done, is that everyone fight using their civilian equipment, that way you would have a little more control over the weapons you use and there would not be the advantage of having a good armor. It would be like competing in the practice arena.

Back
Top Bottom