Recent Uproars

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jurikles

Sergeant
Hi E., hi guys,
quite some interesting stuff was going on here...finally.

Even if I wasnt the most active one here on the forums, some might remember me being here since the 0.96 release.
Actually, I registered on this forum only because of hegemony, and never strayed far from this section.
I even contributed some armour models a long time ago. I don't know if they will be used, maybe Ealabor has exchanged them by better quality ones, but no matter.

I don't really know why you locked the post with you 2 ranting - because once public, such a topic should be accessible to the public.

Look...while releasing content without permission or further enquiry was no doubt condemnable, AlphaDelta has made some interesting point.
The mod is taking long...really long by now.
Once there was  a progress list. However this was barely readable, incomplete and featured no dates so any progress was hard to track.
And really, a long long time nothing happened even in that post.
However, it was a very long time "nearly" completed with only a few points yet missing - I remember a friend asking me "So, when will hegemony be released" over a year ago, and I answered "Well it cant be too long, seeing as theres not much left to do", referring to the progress list.
Its a wonder that I still have this subforum in my main browser favourites.
Rarely is there an interesting update here on the forums.

One of the possible conclusions is that work on the mod has come to a standstill - or, like AD said, the scope of the mod is way too overambiguous.
Also, there is to say that M&B moves on regularly. the second addon has come out by now. I imagine you have more porting to do from one patch to another than you can spend time on actually working on the mod.
Regularly new features are implemented into M&B, wich you need to prepare the mod for also.
What I'm trying to say is, I feel M&B moves on without you. Faster, you can't seem to keep up. Of course I have no idea whats really going on behind the locked bars of your developer circle.
But after such long years of waiting, it is hard not to start imagining the weirdest stuff of what could be going on -
and most importantly, I am loosing my interest by all the waiting. Not to mention that each day the graphical content outdates even more, which is not so bad since we (M&B players) are no gfx whores, but its still another little issue. Judging from the activity on this subforum and comparing it with the past, I think I might not be the only one slowly losing interest.

Also, by somewhat (maybe even fake) involving the community in development by releasing techdemos, alpha and betas etc., you keep people at bay.
Many people would like to contribute by testing for example and would be proud when the 1.0 is released, "look I helped testing this mod and followed its dev for like 3 years, aint that cool?"
Of course I understand your more professional approach to the dev of this mod, but speaking quite frankly, your PR really sucks.
Theres what, mainly other devs on this board left, and some very patient whiteknights only logging on this forum to tell people that ask for a release that they should wait, because it is so right and so cool to sound like  a professional. "When it's done" being that years old everybody's favourite quote.

And now, while I was never thinking it could take this long for the mod to be release, you finally announce a change of mind, wanting to release part-mods.
Very nice PR idea, but really...where the hell is it? Nothing ever really happens here.

I hope I dont sound too aggressive, I dont want to rant around or something, rather have a more polite approach to the subject.
I know that nobody can demand anything from you, its free and all that good jazz, I know I know.
But that just doesnt nullify the points made. It just silences anyone asking whats going on.

Greetings

Jurikles said:
I don't really know why you locked the post with you 2 ranting - because once public, such a topic should be accessible to the public.

No this would be the wrong decision. I'd like to try and keep my forum from becoming the Maury Povich show if at all possible, and this would not be the place to further an argument. The damage has been done, members were betrayed with this incident, but the best thing here is for folks to move on.

And in time the one contrary to our stance may learn to move on as well, rather than loitering around the forum everyday for hours on end  :wink:

However, it was a very long time "nearly" completed with only a few points yet missing

Yes the countdown list I made a decision on to try and keep people informed on progress as best possible. There was the matter of some items on the list not being properly detailed for sure, like for sections of coding left to do, or other processes with code which might not be comprehensible for most folks.

Of course there were other issues such as with the initial release of Warband, the constant releases that kept coming out were no fun to keep on top of, which you made point. It was funny in kind of a sadistic way in that with every release, I ported it over telling myself "Now that has to be the last one", until I got the wild idea to put the porting process off for last, though by then there had been a few done and frustrated with the matter.

I also presented a modder friendly port solution in the python forum, and sent a PM to armagan in discussion of the rapid releases leading to the constant need for porting, which I would suspect he did take to heart, as after that there was the last version of Warband we had for some time prior to this one that was just released a few days ago.

and some very patient whiteknights only logging on this forum to tell people that ask for a release that they should wait, because it is so right and so cool to sound like  a professional. "When it's done" being that years old everybody's favourite quote.

That's a global ettiquete for any mod, and not something exclusive to any one mod.

The rest of your commentary seems to be rants, attacks of a personal nature, or inquiries which have been discussed or addressed in other threads, so I either can't give an answer, or it has already been answered:
Its a wonder that I still have this subforum in my main browser favourites.
Rarely is there an interesting update here on the forums.
your PR really sucks.

Regarding this:
But after such long years of waiting, it is hard not to start imagining the weirdest stuff of what could be going on

I'll close with the following - I've worked with other contributors and other mod team members before and never had any issues, and I've released mods before for Mount and Blade, and other projects without any issues, in timely fashion, and the body of work is here in Taleworlds to verify that.

Beyond that it's really no one else's buisiness what has transpired in private, and certainly not in that it should be re-upped in public spotlight as you suggested in your initial commentary. Which is odd considering the fact that in my closing commentary in that thread, I suggested any further inquiries could be addressed to me in PM.

Anyways work will move on, and i'll post some more extensive info on the direction of things after the preview of Rome is released.

E.

Having actually joined Taleworlds forum to see if this mod was for box version so I could play ( :lol:), and stayed to check on it's progress, I'm afraid I must agree with the sentiments of Jurikles, no offense to you, Ealabor.

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
Having actually joined Taleworlds forum to see if this mod was for box version so I could play ( :lol:), and stayed to check on it's progress, I'm afraid I must agree with the sentiments of Jurikles, no offense to you, Ealabor.

Kinda agree too.

Yay, all that investment returned, I'll never have to sell myself for -

Oh wait, he's being sarcastic. Damn.

Yes the recent complains by people are fully reasonable. He's not ranting he's simply telling the current situation.

But still, this mod has probably more content then already released mods...

Ealabor knows what he's doing.

Just wait patiently, Duke Nukem Forever took years to be made as well or was it a decade? As well as StarCraft 2 and those were full games.

I suggest tis' topic be locked and everyone kill time with other mods, R:TW and it's mods and M2TW and Kingdoms Antique mods (such as Paeninsula Italica II.)

412thCadianGuardsman said:
I suggest tis' topic be locked and everyone kill time with other mods, R:TW and it's mods and M2TW and Kingdoms Antique mods (such as Paeninsula Italica II.)

Totally OT:
Any good ones actually done and usable for those? Last time I checked most of the TW mods I could find either required Alexander (for rome) or just weren't finished enough to be worth it.

On another tangent, anyone else starting to worry that the M&B community has become a bit too fragmented by having 3 distinct games now? I find it odd that I have to bounce around tracking mods in progress three places now.

A fantastic mod for M2TW: Kingdoms is Stainless Steel 6.4 If you like the Medieval Era, get it!!

Yeah, development has been damn slow for this mod. But I've seen work going on here, a lot of work. Tons of research and you have all seen those scenes, damn tasty. I have great hopes that Eleabor and his team will finish this mod, if not that would be a damn shame. Big mods that get developed by small teams with jobs and real lives just takes long.

There were two mods for Mount and Blade that I have been following as soon as I played their first versions, both enormous mods that overhaul everything to provide top notch gameplay and immersion. This one and The Last Days.
The latter one has been in development since 2006, with setbacks that left me wondering if it was dead or not. Nothing happening for ages either. But it's really close to a release date now, its a matter of months. I trust that Hegemony will be released too.

graycloak said:
412thCadianGuardsman said:

Totally OT:
Any good ones actually done and usable for those? Last time I checked most of the TW mods I could find either required Alexander (for rome) or just weren't finished enough to be worth it.

On another tangent, anyone else starting to worry that the M&B community has become a bit too fragmented by having 3 distinct games now? I find it odd that I have to bounce around tracking mods in progress three places now.
EB, RS (II), XGM and alike oh and VI 2.

Star_Trek_-_In_Before_the_Lock.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom