Version number
e1.5.2.0000
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

STR4Y

Recruit
Whatever update just came out, every time I switch to the world map from a village, menu or dialogue, there’s a heavy 2-4 second stutter where everything becomes unresponsive. New, mid-range Radeon graphics card.

Whatever update just came out, every time I switch to the world map from a village, menu or dialogue, there’s a heavy 2-4 second stutter where everything becomes unresponsive. New, mid-range Radeon graphics card.
yes I am getting this also, TW this is terrible , I can give video to show, whenever leaving something like town, battle, quest menu the game pauses for a second or two all the time

Same problem for me. Stuttering on the way for a few seconds like I hit quick save. Very annoying. Windows or driver version is not affected. I bet when I last played (version 1.4.0) there was no such bug. In general I have enough RAM (16GB), SSD and no performance issues. I hope you fix this problem soon, I would not want to leave the game again for several months.

Same here. Consistent. When you go from an 'instance' to the map there's a 2-4 second delay. The instance can be a battle, a 'cut scene' with a villager, a town, a look at your troops, or anything that is not the map. One thing I've noticed is that if you want to you can pan around and look around the map, but as soon as you click on it to move someplace it pauses.

Same issue and in addition, I have increased random crashes, usually it is smithing menu/screen related. Files validated. V1.5.3

Same, and my computer specs are well above minimum, sound channels are low, lowered graphics settings to abysmal and still non stop stuttering in the campaign and on the battlefield, this game has gotten unplayable with this stuttering and lag. Wasn't this bad until the last month or so...

Yeah, im getting this now too... never happened before, ever. I don't use any mods or third party stuff and my computer can run modern games no problem.

I heard it deals with auto save, that is it suttering everytime it auto saves

That's true. I disabled autosave with mod and stuttering has gone.

Yep, I can also confirm that, because I installed this mod just yesterday and it got rid of the freezing/stuttering issues.

So for those who never use/load auto-saves, you can use that mod to fix the issue :wink: but don't forget to save your game manually, otherwise as soon as some crash happens (personally I don't experience those, game runs fine for me), your progress is... well... gone!

Yep, I can also confirm that, because I installed this mod just yesterday and it got rid of the freezing/stuttering issues.

So for those who never use/load auto-saves, you can use that mod to fix the issue :wink: but don't forget to save your game manually, otherwise as soon as some crash happens (personally I don't experience those, game runs fine for me), your progress is... well... gone!
And this is strange, because after a battle autosave does not cause such stutters.

There is another thread that covers it, there is a patch to fix it, will be contained in the next hotfix hopefully will be published today

Back
Top Bottom