Need More Info Recent FPS drop

Users who are viewing this thread

this last few days my FPS has been hovering around 30, unless another player comes into melee range and it drops like a stone. In addition the micro stutters I have had all along are now about 2-3 secs rather than fractions of a second they were before.

I had a pause of about 2 weeks from playing, before that my FPS had been at an average of about 100 for a while now (in f&f beta it was about 17, and later patches crept it up to about 30 and then a few weeks ago the glorious 100 arrived)

My question is why has it dropped again and is it just me?

I cant keep twitch open on the side anymore when I play, it makes the game look like a slideshow on the capture, while its fine on my end. Not sure if somethings been changed but it used to work fine, hell I had another game running in the background once and I didnt notice anything.

Both on warband and bannerlord I have massive fps drops when I am on menu screens (inventory selection, esc menu, troop selection, literally anything). It started after last NVIDIA drivers update so it may be linked. (4-5 days ago)

Might be nvidia control settings that are preset. check that out, I had the same issue near release and I changed some things and it works perfect. The menu FPS drops happen to all of us

you guys get more then 30 fps? I am playing on my over 6 year old graphic card since asus is not making enough 3080 to deliver miners and me. xD

We have a special performance build to check for these issues by collecting telemetry data. Can you switch to that build, test your performance and send us your data?
  1. Switch to “perf_test” from the Steam betas tab. You can find more info about it here.
  2. Open the game as usual and proceed to the stage where you are experiencing performance issues.
  3. Before the performance issues start, toggle the profiling tool by holding the “right shift” and pressing the “T” key.
  4. Record for 20-30 seconds, press the toggle key combination again. Please keep in mind that, the more you record, the more upload time it will require.
  5. Find the "test.tmcap" file in the "...\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client" folder. You can find the "Mount & Blade II Bannerlord" folder inside Steam’s application library folder.
  6. Finally, upload the file to the "upload.taleworlds.com" site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. It is appreciated if you provide more information about your PC, what you were doing while the game was recording and your graphics configuration. If the data you are trying to upload is too big or the site fails to upload, you can use an alternative site to upload your data. If you choose to do that please left a reply to this thread with the download link.

@MArdA TaleWorlds

ye while I am happy to help and may try this anyway if I have time, I hope you recognise the idiocy of
"Before the performance issues start, toggle the profiling tool by holding the “right shift” and pressing the “T” key."
when it comes to a cav or inf rushing an archer, with fractions of a second to react ( which is why the sudden drops are such a problem) hitting the 2 keys is not going to happen before death anyway.

meanwhile
@everyone
I regained some fps by putting every setting on teh lowest it can be and will experiment with increasing certain settings (when time allows).

I have been experiencing very frequent hang ups as well.while my ping generally is around the 20 mark. My FPS I dont know as I dont track tgem but is that the same thing you are experiencing? Its making MP almost unbearable as a good number of fights I lose as my screen gliches out or freezes and in a fight where slit second decisions can matter thats somewhat of a problem....

@MArdA TaleWorlds how does the tool work? We dont know when the hang ups will happen :-/ just catching 20 seconds of normal footage work as well?

Swith to the perf_test it is 1.5.9, same as live. Press right shift + T to start recording and do the same for stopping the recording. Record it while the game suffers performance issues. If the file size is big, ZIP and upload it and send us the download link.

Back
Top Bottom