Recent comment by Callum spills the beans on Bannerlord combat in a really disheartening way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bannerlord should remain only an upgraded version of previous games perhaps with a few new features (obviously better graphic and engine) and hopefully easier modding.
Is that really all we should expect after years of waiting and so much money thrown at it?

Ok. So where's my independent village fief from Warband? Is that an "upgrade?"

Don't you think the more elements from Warband mods TW adds to base code, the more time you and other modders will have to put into trying things that couldn't even have been tried before in Warband, instead of "correcting" design issues in the base game?

People got hung up on the "strategy sprinkled here and there" because majority of Warband mods were exactly focused on addressing that "sprinkling," that produced a game (original Warband) that didn't have enough to tie the - admittedly, very entertaining - field battles together in a way that'd prevent them from becoming exactly the kind of boring grind Bannerlord runs on right now.

Hell, we don't even have the randomized (and Tactics-affected) maps of Warband in, that at least prevented you from fighting on the same map over and over again. Not to mention that they made actual difference in terms of what you could do in a field battle, as anybody caught with Khergit horsemen party in a hillified map could attest to.

That's a nice thread you have on your servers.

Anyway, you have to understand the PR person's personal gaming preferences. He is a MP guy, and MP has no strategy whatsoever and looks a lot like an action RPG with team tactics.
So when he says Bannerlord is not a strategy game, but an action RPG, you know it's coming from his little MP heart and not necessarily from the people who actually designed the game and know their SP fans.
It is good to call TW and Callum on statements like that, because they need to come back and clarify something that's worrying for SP fans.
Even better, it would be great if someone SP-oriented like Duh would be allowed to co-PR the PR and communicate more of the SP design philosophy from the designers, and with more nuance too, so it would be safe to hang onto his every word.

That's a nice thread you have on your servers.

Anyway, you have to understand the PR person's personal gaming preferences. He is a MP guy, and MP has no strategy whatsoever and looks a lot like an action RPG with team tactics.

Yea and it doesn't makes anyone, no matter who, look very clever if he is talking about something he has obviously no clue about.
How unlucky for a PR person.
That aside, looking at SP after the months since release, i would say its a sure call he is not alone there.

He is a MP guy, and MP has no strategy whatsoever and looks a lot like an action RPG with team tactics.
The sad part is Taleworlds could've propelled MP up with inclusion of some kind of persistent-world "grand strategy" overlay to MP battles as an optional mode.

So those battles aren't just affecting the "strategic" situation, but are actually driven by economic and political elements of the "strategic" part of it. In practical terms, your team's composition gets dictated by the forces dispatched to the conflict (say, in case of attack on a castle on the "strategic" layer, as a defender you can pick from the garrison and militia within it).

I'm not saying disjointed field and siege battles aren't fun - quite the contrary, and far more accessible to people looking just for a quick twitch fix. But expanding on that with more persistent elements is something I've seen mentioned very frequently in Warband discussions (hell, in a way it was what made cRPG and Warband's Persistent World mods so popular). Taleworlds could've cashed on that to make multiplayer even more appealing to their predominately single-player customers.

Though I'm pretty sure we'll see those mods make a comeback in some what, having official code backing it would've been far more preferential.

Regardless of if you want to nitpick Callum's statement or not, it is pretty clear that there has been poor communication from Taleworlds during this EA so far. Nobody really knows where they plan on going. We get tidbits about what is planned that do not seems to be major changes from what is already in the game - more tweaks than anything. It is causing a frustrated community

Inappropriate language
Come on man, you are embarrassing yourself... There are people who don't get their arses stuffed up by their parents, some people have to work hard for every cent they get. You on the other hand seem to be a classic, miserable bully without any sense for mutual respect, humility or humbleness. Get lost.

Man, I”ve just bought eGPU and new graphics only for Bannerlord [snip]

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, I”ve just bought eGPU and new graphics only for Bannerlord so kids who r crying about 50$ r just funny for me. Nothing more. If u have family, work and normal life, then it would not ruin Your budget but maybe u r from Uganda and it is Your monthly salary, then u can really cry :smile: but most of here r 20-25 years old poorboys living with mummy and crying the most, it is the point

Someone forced you to buy that game? If 50$ is so huge amount then better play worms or age of empires on your gameboy ??

I have to commend you for your efficiency. So much bigotry and blatant racism in so few words.

Man, I”ve just bought eGPU and new graphics only for Bannerlord so kids who r crying about 50$ r just funny for me. Nothing more. If u have family, work and normal life, then it would not ruin Your budget but maybe u r from Uganda and it is Your monthly salary, then u can really cry :smile: but most of here r 20-25 years old poorboys living with mummy and crying the most, it is the point

Someone forced you to buy that game? If 50$ is so huge amount then better play worms or age of empires on your gameboy ??
This is one of the worst comments I have ever seen on this forum. Please leave and never return.

In addition - i think this thread needs to be locked. This is a mess.

Life has a way of turning around on you and screwing you over when you think you are at the safest. I sincerely hope that never happens to you, but if it does, perhaps you will look back at this comment and realize how much of an entitled ******* you were.

You really need to cure your laughing emoticon disease, it's always on your passive-aggressive comments.

You're making everyone look here a good and completely rational person, expect yourself.

Life has a way of turning around on you and screwing you over when you think you are at the safest. I sincerely hope that never happens to you, but if it does, perhaps you will look back at this comment and realize how much of an entitled ******* you were.

I'm very lucky that my family and now myself have always made a good but modest income in the UK. However I remember a year or two when I was young where my dad found work wasn't forthcoming for a time (he was self employed). My mother worked overtime at a super-market as well just to make sure we had enough. I remember feeling guilty over every penny or pound I spent or was spent on me.

It's an aweful; aweful feeling and by comparison i was still probably very lucky! No one should ever have to feel that way though and honestly I'm almost glad it happened to show me why attitudes like OpenMindedPl need to be stamped out.

You really need to cure your laughing emoticon disease, it's always on your passive-aggressive comments.

You're making everyone look here a good and completely rational person, expect yourself.

I know right.. by comparison I'm looking pretty good right now...

You know what, I’ve just smoke few bongs, lay on my hammock and actually love my life and have so much fun here, so thanks for advice but will keep laughin?? still much better than crying „uhhh ohhh so expensive uhhh ohhh bad game bad devs bad sad life”

Have a nice day ???

TW is ignoring this forum and the Steam forum! But thanks for making mods! You keep the game playable for free.

Yes they are ignoring this forum, but not the feedback & suggestions forum or the bug reports. They shouldnt be looking at this forum since this is the general discussion forum. Few companies look beyond the appropriate forums. And no need to thank me, im doing it more for me than you and am just releasing what "I" would like to see in the game so anyone else that likes the idea can have it also like most modders do.

Is that really all we should expect after years of waiting and so much money thrown at it?

Ok. So where's my independent village fief from Warband? Is that an "upgrade?"

I am not going to get into the semantics of, that finished game had a thing and this unfinished one does not because you dont want to stick to the context of me saying that too many people are suggesting that this game should be like another game in a different genre.

Ask me if I think Bannerlord should have all the features of Warband and more by the time its finished and get your answer...which you should actually already have from me saying
Bannerlord should remain only an upgraded version of previous games perhaps with a few new features (obviously better graphic and engine) and hopefully easier modding.
I mean, if that doesnt answer your question, what will?

Don't you think the more elements from Warband mods TW adds to base code, the more time you and other modders will have to put into trying things that couldn't even have been tried before in Warband, instead of "correcting" design issues in the base game?

How do you think Warband came about? From all the ideas modders came up with for M&B before it.
How do you think WF&S came about? Because someone came up with an easy way to make area damage via throwing a STONE which was quicky applied to arrows and TA DAA, magic was also born but everyone knew it meant that canon's could be implemented.
How do you think VC came about? Built off a total conversion mod AND with the team that made it.

We came up with most of the stuff you know about in Warband and there is still far more in mods that never made it into any M&B release. Do you honestly think I want TW to implement a magic system? Hell NO. Because that would mean we have to deal with THEIR magic code along with the rest of the games code, to actually make a good one we want. Instead, give us the damn modding tools and go away. With only the base code to have to work around, we can make more and have less BS to deal with by building the magic code/graphics/rules ourselves....100 modders wanting to get it done, building off each others work and ideas we will end up with more in the end. This was even done with Skyrim...having to redo that terrible system and still be crippled by the dumbass idea of only being able to have 2 active spells at once. Ugh. Would have been easier if they never had magic in the game in the first place. Open system = limited only by the modders abilities.

Anyway, we still have no idea how many things have not be put in by TWs that will be there by release so any complaint of "I Paid blah blah and am not getting waah waah" just says that you need to stop buying early access games...they are not for people like you. Buy games when they are COMPLETE so anything you say is missing is actually justified even slightly and, since you apparently played Warband, then you should have faith that we modders, will be giving you all the things from Warband and far more. Direct your energy into getting their official tools into our hands so we can create mods of much higher quality and containing all the things we currently cannot do like create entire scenes, make our own maps, animations and all the wonderful things that come with large mods :party:

We all want a great game. Wouldnt you rather have the small team at TWs focus on fixing what they have, releasing what they havent yet and allow the 1000s of modders to unleash another 10+ years worth of context via mods...faster? ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom